To Lands Unknown 3.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: To Lands Unknown 3.0 for 1.14

Post by Konrad2 »

The new version is also avaible on 1.13.12.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Thank you all for the feedback! :)
Robertdebrus wrote: April 16th, 2018, 7:10 pm The first is that as of the latest version, the banisher can use banish on non-magical creatures to generate a Dimensional Gate II.
This bug was fixed in EoMa 3.1. Are you sure you have the latest version?
gnombat wrote: April 16th, 2018, 11:04 pm It seems that if you don't get any bonus gold in "Fire Canyon," in the next scenario ("Dome of Elements"), you can't summon anything and can't proceed any further?
Indeed the starting gold is 0. Of course this needs to be fixed. Thanks for reporting ;)
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

3rd intro text: There is a dot missing at the very end of it.
Robertdebrus

Post by Robertdebrus »

Yes, I am using EoMa 3.1.0 and TLU 3.0.0 beta.
It also seems to only work on some creatures, as in the next scenario, banishing a Tharis did not produce a gate. I am going to test and see when exactly it happens.
EDIT:
It seems that I cannot reproduce this other than loading the save posted, even restarting that scenario causes it to work as intended. It appears to have resolved itself...
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

7th intro text: '...To make the constriction easier , we ment as far as...'

EDIT: 'Highest Tiers'
Why do I have to pay the upkeep for the guards?

EDIT 2: Do you mind making Aerius say something in 'Highest Tiers', if I manage to attack him?

EDIT 3: 'Central Palace'
The image of a Carpet Master moves into the room, at the beginning of the scenario. But the unit doesn't appear.
And did you mean '..He didn't have a carpet, yet his feet never touched the ground...'?

EDIT 4: Wesnoth 1.13.14 did shut down when the cutszene after 'Central Palace' plays.
(That means I can't progress without using debug to get to the next scenario.)
(Disabling 'animate map' works as well.)

EDIT 5: 'Near the Jungle'
2nd text: '..as he known them quite well...' (knew)

EDIT 6:
Is there some level cap on the units I can carry over from 'Highest Tiers'? My lvl 2 unit is gone. :(

EDIT 7: 'Southern Nations'
3rd text (2nd text by Mehir): 'Either they don't to mess with...'
Spoiler:
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Robertdebrus wrote: April 17th, 2018, 1:29 pm It seems that I cannot reproduce this other than loading the save posted, even restarting that scenario causes it to work as intended. It appears to have resolved itself
The reason the gate appeared is that in your savegame there was a variable ("dg") which should be automatically cleared, but somehow it was still there. It would be good if someone else could confirm the similar behavior in his/her playthrough.

@Konrad2: thank you for these notes! ;)
Konrad2 wrote: April 17th, 2018, 3:26 pm Why do I have to pay the upkeep for the guards?
The upkeep has been present in that scenario for as long as I remember. I'll discuss this with ForestDragon. He was the last person trying to balance the campaign. Maybe that upkeep is not necessary.
Konrad2 wrote: April 17th, 2018, 3:26 pm Do you mind making Aerius say something in 'Highest Tiers', if I manage to attack him?
It would be quite interesting to make him say something in such a situation. I'll think about it.
Konrad2 wrote: April 17th, 2018, 3:26 pm The image of a Carpet Master moves into the room, at the beginning of the scenario. But the unit doesn't appear.
Was he killed in the previous scenario?
Konrad2 wrote: April 17th, 2018, 3:26 pm Wesnoth 1.13.14 did shut down when the cutszene after 'Central Palace' plays.
(That means I can't progress without using debug to get to the next scenario.)
This is worrying. The game crashed because it had to play an animation with more than 700+ frames. This problem occurred mostly on 1.12, I never encountered it on the dev build. :hmm: Could you tell me which operating system are you using? And I would like to know how much RAM does your machine have.
Konrad2 wrote: April 17th, 2018, 3:26 pm Is there some level cap on the units I can carry over from 'Highest Tiers'? My lvl 2 unit is gone
There is no level cap on the units from that scenario. Could you send me your Central Palace savegame?
Konrad2 wrote: April 17th, 2018, 3:26 pmSpoiler
Good idea :)
Creator of Era of Magic

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

inferno8 wrote: Was he killed in the previous scenario?
Nope.
TLU-Highest Tiers Turn 17.gz
Carpet Master is alive.
(62.77 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
inferno8 wrote:This is worrying. The game crashed because it had to play an animation with more than 700+ frames. This problem occurred mostly on 1.12, I never encountered it on the dev build. :hmm: Could you tell me which operating system are you using? And I would like to know how much RAM does your machine have.
Windows 10, 8GB (7,44 GB usable)
inferno wrote:There is no level cap on the units from that scenario. Could you send me your Central Palace savegame?
There you go.
TLU-Central Palace.gz
(12.04 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
EDIT:
Spoiler:
EDIT 2:
Any idea as to why the barbarians speak the same language as the summoners?
...okay, scratch that. xD

EDIT 3:
Succesfully banishing an magical entinity results into a Dimensional Gate with negative XP. (0-lvl of banishing unit)

EDIT 4: 'Ka-gatta'
Spoiler:
EDIT 5:
I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding 'meditation' or if it just doesn't work always. ._.

EDIT 6:
Golden Carpet does not advance the equipped unit.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Good news: I managed to fix most of the reported bugs. I asked devs for help with the major cutscene/video sequence bug in scenario 02. It looks like it is related to the memory limitations of the Windows build. This should not occur on Linux machines. Nevertheless I decided to use an old "memory-safe" technique to play the cutscene. It should no longer crash the game but at the cost of reduced playback speed. I hope one day the game will have a full support for videos. Modern games need animated cutscenes in my opinion.
Konrad2 wrote: April 18th, 2018, 9:54 am EDIT 4: 'Ka-gatta'
Spoiler:
Thanks for the feedback @Konrad2 and @Robertdebrus. Both of you will be mentioned in the credits :)

If there is something else, you've noticed, feel free to report it so I can fix it on time.
Creator of Era of Magic

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

'Chaos'
Spoiler:
EDIT:
Spoiler:
EDIT 2: 'Message'
You need to be very lucky to survive the first few turns.
Spoiler:
EDIT 3: There is something I'd reeeeeeally like to have fixed in Sc10. (Follow up from 'Message')
The second leader has no keep. She has lots of castle hexes, but there is. No. Keep.
Spoiler:
EDIT 4: Update for EDIT 3.
2nd leader has a 'keep', but it disappears when the first unit is killed. I could work around that a bit by not killing a unit in my turn, let her recruit and then the first units die. And she can never again recruit. Better than nothing, but not enough. Save is in the spoiler.
Spoiler:
EDIT 5: I'm pretty sure that's the responsible code. Any idea what you were trying to do there? (I do not dare to delete it, because I have no idea why it's there and if you were trying to do something important there.)
Spoiler:
EDIT 6:
Allied units should NOT be able to step on the stationiary
Spoiler:

EDIT 7: still same scenario
Side 5 does not do anything after Malib changes sides.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Thanks for reporting. Based on these findings I prepared a new beta version. It is available on the 1.14 add-ons server.

Code: Select all

TLU 3.0 beta 2 changelog:
- s01 Highiest Tiers: removed upkeep for units during the scenario
- s02 Central Palace: fixed missing Carpet Master unit bug; added TC for units entering the palace; replaced animhack video with fake_scenery to avoid crashes
- s03 Near the Jungle: fixed missing lvl2 unit bug
- s04 Southern Nations: removed spoilers from notes; fixed typos
- s06 Dome of Elements: fixed missing starting gold
- s09 Chaos: units entering the portal suffer consequences
- s10 Message: a different number of killed Elders results in defeat depending on the campaign difficulty (3 for Easy, 2 for Normal, 1 for Hard); Ho'rhamis follow Mehir through the portal to aid him in the next scenario
- s11 Mag-Magar: fixed missing keep for leader 2 bug, increased enemy gold; allied units avoid the gate; enemies have a fancy recruit animation.
- s13 Tar-Tabar: fixed missing starting gold
- s15 Siege of Saffaros: removed the note about hydras
- s23 Epilogue: improved dialogs
-fixed typos in storytxt.cfg
Creator of Era of Magic

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Uhm. I'm like totally confused. My banisher missed his banish on a Fire Elemental. And then he turned into a Dimensional Gate II... (More like he was replaced by one, but still!)
Attachments
TLU-Abyssal Rebellion-Auto-Save11.gz
3,25 attacks 4,23 with banish. Do so until he fails. Be confused when he is replaced with a Dimensional Gate II after the fight.
(164.33 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Konrad2 wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 9:00 am Uhm. I'm like totally confused. My banisher missed his banish on a Fire Elemental. And then he turned into a Dimensional Gate II... (More like he was replaced by one, but still!)
It is related to the bug encountered by Robertdebrus. Something in the banish weapon special code is not working properly sometimes. The "dg" variable is not cleared. I'll have to take a closer look at that. :hmm:
Creator of Era of Magic

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Bad things for Mag-Magar:
Spoiler:
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Konrad2 wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 9:41 am Bad things for Mag-Magar
Spoiler:
Creator of Era of Magic

vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

inferno8 wrote: April 21st, 2018, 12:35 pm I hope one day the game will have a full support for videos. Modern games need animated cutscenes in my opinion.
We'll try to get this in for 1.16, even if you're the only one using it. Your addon is such a unique and well-done work that it sucks you need to use these workaround :( I can't promise it will make it in, but we'll try.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?