To Lands Unknown 3.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: To Lands Unknown v1.7.1 with 3D rendered maps!

Post by inferno8 »

Drakilian wrote:Hey there, I just wanted to ask a quick question - I remember hearing/reading/seeing something about there being a sequel to "To Lands Unknown" - is that still in the works or has it been abandoned? I only ask due to your campaign being my all-time favourite among them all, i'd love to see more of Mehir and Rashti.
I have a good news for you and all TLU fans. Mehir and Rashti will return ;) I cannot say when, but I am currently working on this. It's going to be mindblowing ^_^
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
Ilrandar

Post by Ilrandar »

Youhou ! I can't wait !

In my side, I'm going to finish the translation into french… I made the biggest part of it, but I'm stuck with some long texts…
Ready to translate any add-on to french. Just ask and I'll tell you if I've got time. ^^
derrickthewhite

Post by derrickthewhite »

Bug Report:

I put the double damage magic sword on a grand summoner. He did really well, for a while (3-20 at 70% is awesome) and then the sword dropped down to standard damage when he upgraded (though it stayed magic). Of course, he got the beam of anhilating death attack, so It really didn't make me too upset, but It'd be nice to still have that damage.

Also, it seems that my neutral summoner can't summon anything.

In other news, I love your work, the era and the campaign. The world building really. It feels very epic.

Could I ask what inspired the rhami? They seem very unique.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Hello derrickthewhite and thank you for your bug report :) I will try to fix these issues soon.

Regarding the neutral summoner, if I recall correctly he is supposed to summon jinns BUT not in early stages of the campaign (it could make the game too easy).

As for the rhami, they were based on Kali - the Hindu goddess of time and death.
Creator of Era of Magic

Oneandtwo

Post by Oneandtwo »

Agree with Drakilian definitely one of the best ever campaigns. Glad to see there will be more coming. Keep up the good work.
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

I'm only in the second scenario, and I am having problems. My camel rider was told to go for help, but it seems like he can't walk on the sand. I assume this is not intentional. Also, why does your leader have to start poisoned? He dies almost immediately. Maybe it works if the camel rider is able to help...
camel.png
camel.png (208.55 KiB) Viewed 5691 times
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Wesbane

Post by Wesbane »

beetlenaut wrote:My camel rider was told to go for help, but it seems like he can't walk on the sand. I assume this is not intentional.
Quick lecture of scenario code revealed something exact the opposite.

Code: Select all

[unit]
            id=Bakha
            name= _ "Bakha"
            type=EoMa_Heavy_Camel_Rider
            random_traits=yes
            side=1
            x=16
            y=10
            find_vacant=yes
            [modifications]
                [trait]
                    id=cannot_access_desert
                    [effect]
                        apply_to=movement_costs
                        replace=true
                        [movement_costs]
                            sand=99
                        [/movement_costs]
                    [/effect]
                [/trait]
            [/modifications]
        [/unit]
Also dialogue makes it clear that PCL, Mehir and his pack should run and camel rider is left as a bait. Never to be seen again or at least in a next scenario. :wink:
Dialogue is clear enough:
Though I admit that objectives didn't met your clarity criteria as campaign designer. They don't explain concept of running in scenario. However from what I saw in a code you have to move one of your units to 13,3 coordinates while Mehir stays alive. Interestingly enough any unit will do even Darkbloods, your enemies at the time. Yours just have a bigger chance to do so due to pursuing target consciously. That is your units are using your consciousness while for AI controlled ones vogue clues about purpose of scenario putted by designer must suffice.
beetlenaut wrote:Also, why does your leader have to start poisoned? He dies almost immediately.
Unfortunately I didn't found any trace of this event in scenario code, but maybe this is an awkward way of clarifying the situation. While my data are insufficient and I do not possess any scrolls that would enlighten me I will not speculate on this further. :sad:
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

I guess this is my fault for misreading the dialog! I didn't check the code myself because I didn't want spoilers, but if I'm not going to pay enough attention to the dialog, it probably doesn't matter. Thanks.

I restarted, and this time a camel-rider was poisoned instead of my leader. I assumed it was a scripted event because the result is so important, but it seems like it's just a random, game-losing event.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Oneandtwo

Post by Oneandtwo »

When will we see part 2
firefox

Post by firefox »

Oneandtwo wrote:When will we see part 2
there is no part 2.
the story has ended like it was supposed to end and all characters are happy.
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nyan~
pe_em

Post by pe_em »

firefox wrote:
Oneandtwo wrote:When will we see part 2
there is no part 2.
the story has ended like it was supposed to end and all characters are happy.
Read:
inferno8 wrote:
Drakilian wrote:Hey there, I just wanted to ask a quick question - I remember hearing/reading/seeing something about there being a sequel to "To Lands Unknown" - is that still in the works or has it been abandoned? I only ask due to your campaign being my all-time favourite among them all, i'd love to see more of Mehir and Rashti.
I have a good news for you and all TLU fans. Mehir and Rashti will return ;) I cannot say when, but I am currently working on this. It's going to be mindblowing ^_^
ichbinsehselber

Post by ichbinsehselber »

Bug report:

Started trying the single player campaign with the latest wesnoth version 1.12.4 there are some errors at the start:
invalid wml found "damaging aura" follows a deprecated format for its descrption using its name as the first line. Support for that format will be removed in 1.12
invalid wml found "slowing aura" follows a deprecated format for its descrption using its name as the first line. Support for that format will be removed in 1.12.

As the addon was contained on the add on server I assume that it should work with this wesnoth version, right?
Did I do something wrong?
Is this issue already known?
Can it be fixed?
Proabably the campaign cannot be meaningfully played in this state, right?
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Checked with the latest 1.12.5, found no errors. I remeber those messages though. They may correspond to outdated desrciption formats hidden in your active translations (try to change the game's language to English [US] and see what happens).

Nevertheless these messages should not pose a problem for the playability of the campaing. If you want to clear your screen from them, just type :clear
Creator of Era of Magic

Xara

Post by Xara »

Was playing on 1.12.4, and found the game missing a few animations. Like when Nomolas kill the illusion of Aerius, and when Sharif come inside the palace. Strange, as I used to see them.

EDIT: Turned out I was missing a lot of moving animations. I also can't see Rashti's jumpings now.
Last edited by Xara on November 20th, 2015, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
Roland de Ronceveaux

Post by Roland de Ronceveaux »

inferno8 wrote:
Hello Inferno8,

As someone who has played TLU many times and enjoyed it immensely, I would like to thank you for your efforts and the dedication you have put in this campaign, and heartily endorse your decision of making a sequel! :mrgreen:

Cheers,

Roland de Ronceveaux