To Lands Unknown 3.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

sur.nhm

Re: To Lands Unknown v1.6.0

Post by sur.nhm »

inferno8 wrote:First of all the hydra is not supposed to stand still - it is a typical unit created with the standard {UNIT SIDE TYPE X Y WML} macro:

Code: Select all

{UNIT 3 (EoMa_Hydra) 22 17 ()}
22,17 is a reachable location.

I have never encountered Vodo's bug and I am sure it does not exist in the upcoming new version.
Huh. I haven't seen it when I've tried to reproduce it on my computer, either, so this might be specific to Vodo's particular combination of BfW version+OS version etc.
On an unrelated subject, I will probably rewrite the poem I wrote for this campaign's description at some point at the near future, because it both a) sucks as a poem and b) does not quite fit the campaign's story.
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: To Lands Unknown v1.6.0

Post by inferno8 »

To Lands Unknown 1.7.0 is now available!

This ground breaking release includes improved story with a new ending and 3D rendered multi-hex maps along with new story images.

The campaign requires the latest version of Era of Magic installed (1.1.0)!

To Lands Unknown - Version 1.7.0

Language and Translations
    * Updated translations: Polish
    * New translation: Italian

- Scenarios
    * New scenarios: Deep Freeze and Ruins
    * Removed scenarios: Gates to the Past, Sun Dome
    * Revised multiple scenarios in terms of story telling and balancing

- Maps
    * Improved maps for scenarios 6, 7, 12, 13

- Units
    * Fixed Rashti's missing sounds
    * Fixed Jaffar's idle animation

- Misc
    * Added special sound effects for illusion in scenario 10

To Lands Unknown Images - Version 1.1.0
- Multihex maps
    * New 3D rendered sceneries for scenarios 1, 2, 5, 8, 9, 12, 14, 15, 18, 19

- Portraits
    * Added facial expressions for Mehir
    * Added portrait of Elder

- Story images
    * Added new story images; improved existing ones

- Misc
    * New campaign icon
We recommend that you download To Lands Unknown from SourceForge:
TLU (1.7.0): http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth ... own/1.7.0/
TLU_Images (1.1.0): http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth ... ges/1.1.0/

If you encounter any bugs, would like to file a feature request, or would like to submit a patch, please click here.

My warmest thanks and gratitude to Espreon. Without him this release would be impossible.
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
alluton

Re: To Lands Unknown v1.7.0 with 3D rendered maps!

Post by alluton »

I suppose there is some problem when watching statistics. Im on 6th scenario now and it says I have +93% damage inflicted. I don't think I have been very lucky.( And havn't done saveloading either.) Statistics say: 5662/2933.6
"This game cured me of my real life addiction."
-Flameslash
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

alluton wrote:I suppose there is some problem when watching statistics. Im on 6th scenario now and it says I have +93% damage inflicted. I don't think I have been very lucky.( And havn't done saveloading either.) Statistics say: 5662/2933.6
This sounds like bug #19120 [Gna.org]. (I think this bug affects all 1.10.x versions of Wesnoth, but is fixed in the 1.11.x series.)
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

I'm getting the following terminal output when I run TLU v1.70, scenario 1 (Battle for Wesnoth v1.11.5+dev (9f70495-Clean) on Ubuntu 12.04):

20130821 22:19:06 warning engine: Invalid anchor!
Invalid WML found: The key 'target' is deprecated and support will be removed in version 1.12.0. (2)
20130821 22:19:14 error display: could not open image 'portraits/mehir-angry.png'
20130821 22:19:14 error gui/draw: Image: 'portraits/mehir-angry.png' not found and won't be drawn.
20130821 22:19:24 warning engine: Could not find move_unit_fake route from 1,25 to 12,30: ignoring complexities
20130821 22:19:30 error display: could not open image 'portraits/mehir-shocked.png'
20130821 22:19:30 error gui/draw: Image: 'portraits/mehir-shocked.png' not found and won't be drawn.
20130821 22:19:33 error display: could not open image 'misc/ellipse-nozoc-nozoc-top.png'
20130821 22:19:33 error display: could not open image 'misc/ellipse-nozoc-nozoc-bottom.png'
20130821 22:19:36 error gui/draw: Image: 'portraits/mehir-angry.png' not found and won't be drawn.
20130821 22:19:38 error gui/draw: Image: 'portraits/mehir-angry.png' not found and won't be drawn.
20130821 22:19:40 error gui/draw: Image: 'portraits/mehir-angry.png' not found and won't be drawn.
In-game, the gui/draw errors mean I don't see any of Mehir's portraits.
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Looks like those portraits are missing. Try checking if they are present in the "To_Lands_Unknown_Images" folder. If not, download the add-on once again.
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

Reinstalling the images add-on fixed the portrait problem.
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

I really enjoyed this campaign.

Is there any chance your method could be used to finally get a decent ship terrain? There is the Altraz mariner in Multiplayer who could certainly use it straight away.
BioHazardX

Post by BioHazardX »

I wonder, where can i find the new .pot file for the translations?
Between, good work and one of the best Wesnoth campaigns.
Seddyrocky

Post by Seddyrocky »

This is one of my favorite, if not THE favorite, campaigns. It has mystery, unique gameplay and graphical elements and it's overall quite captivating.
Though I did find it sooo slow on the "battery" mission, the enemies really seemed to hesitate to attack my dear lvl 5 follower (spoiler-free!).
Shield

Post by Shield »

This campaign has come so far! However, at times, it's hard to tell, discussion-wise, what specifically goes in this thread and the EoMa one; the latter talks a lot about the campaign's development, almost moreso than the actual TLU campaign thread itself. In short, I'm a little confused as to what to talk about where, what with all the overlapping... Suggestions, anyone?
Creator of Lonely Era.
Here's my art!
I'm also on Tumblr.
firefox

Post by firefox »

In short, I'm a little confused as to what to talk about where, what with all the overlapping... Suggestions, anyone?
I would suggest, that this thread is for discussions about the scenario design, and that the EoMa thread isfor the rest.
Wich means: unit balancing, unit art, etc.
But history and story discussions would fit into both somehow ...
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nyan~
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hey,

You've hijacked the cave wall terrain in BfW 1.11 editor with terrain 'Xuq'. I've deleted TLU in the process of fixing this locally, but suspect it's a copy/paste problem with "id" and "editor group".
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
soldieroflight

Post by soldieroflight »

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I'm running into some trouble in the scenario "Ruins" (not sure which it is, falls much later I'm sure). Says to place all my men inside the circle including Mehir and Rashti. I have done this and all the enemy units have been defeated. My units are just standing inside the circle, but the scenario is not ending/progressing. Is there some activation I'm missing or is this a bug? Any help would be appreciated!
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

I haven't verified it yet with your campaign, but I think there's a probable bug in level 13. I ported some of your rain code into FtF (since my original code was broken in 1.11, and I did add you to the credits). The context menu "Toggle Rain Visual Effects" only works on turn 1 (and probably other turns with time of day Dawn, though I haven't tested this). When run during another turn, the rain changes state as expected, but the current time of day immediately changes to Dawn, and future attempts to toggle the rain effects fail. What I believe is happening is that the [replace_schedule] call is restarting the time of day sequence from Dawn, and since the turn 1 time of day would no longer be Dawn, neither time_of_day.id condition fires. This could be fixed by changing the time of day after the [replace_schedule] call to sync with the last time of day (with or without rain), but I'm not sure how to change the point in the time of day schedule with WML or Lua. Also, would it be better to reverse the rain images? The flags in Wesnoth imply wind from the East, but the rain graphics (excellent BTW) imply wind from the West.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom