1.16 SP Campaign: Trinity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

irheh1

Re: 1.14 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by irheh1 »

I was playing Trinity 2, and I think I found another bug. When that one elvish archer who joined the Primevals was killed in the tower, she turned into a khathon and remained under my control; some error came up about invalid coordinate [move_unti].
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

irheh1 wrote: August 9th, 2020, 3:18 am I was playing Trinity 2, and I think I found another bug. When that one elvish archer who joined the Primevals was killed in the tower, she turned into a khathon and remained under my control; some error came up about invalid coordinate [move_unti].
This has been a problem, I thought I'd fixed it but apparently not. I'll remove that scripted movement, it's just too problematic.

I've uploaded a 1.5.10.a just for that. It would be nice if there weren't too many more updates needed, but we'll see. Thanks.

EDIT: As far as your game goes, updating the campaign won't help, but it should be enough to just get her killed somewhere lower in the map. If not, you can post a save-file here, I might be able to fix it.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
irheh1

Post by irheh1 »

I keep trying to play the scenario "Second Chances," but every time I try I can't get past the text screen about Keldan feeling his flesh burn. Whenever I press the next arrow, the program just stops responding. I'm able to play other scenarios fine, so I don't think the problem is my computer.
Attachments
Tri2-Second Chances.gz
(83.02 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

The same thing happens to me with your save-file, it was an infinite loop that I didn't stumble across in my play-through. I'm uploading a version 1.5.10.b that fixes it. Thanks for reporting.

If you want to fix it without re-downloading, you can add a "2" to the end of scenarios2/ZA2c_Dark_Planet-IIc.cfg line 301 -> "keldan_khthon_list2"
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
irheh1

Post by irheh1 »

I just finished the campaign, and I've got to say, it was amazing. I just have a few questions and comments that have been bugging me.

1. After Haldrad defeated Dolevan and said something like "it looks like you chose the wrong side," why didn't Dolevan correct them? I never really got why Dolevan just died letting them think he was a traitor.

2. In the scenario "Bitter Truth,"
Spoiler:
, and for the rest of the campaign the unit that found it had a little picture of it on them. What does that thing do?

3. In the ending where
Spoiler:
none of the character portraits appear while they are speaking.

Thank you for designing this awesome campaign! It has been hours of fun.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks for the feedback.
  1. I think I see what you mean, it's something to look into.
  2. It is something not totally implemented and needs to be either removed or completed, it fell off my radar.
  3. That didn't happen to me. My first guess was that I screwed up something in the versioning of dependencies, but the relevant portraits are contained within the campaign, so I'm not sure what happened. Was there any sort of on-screen error, or messaging in the upper left? Some Lua errors let you keep playing, but cause strange behavior.
DrakeAdventurer

Post by DrakeAdventurer »

Konrad2 wrote: September 9th, 2019, 8:19 am An Encounter
If you defeat side 3 before you defeat the Khthon Elvish Avenger, the scenario won't end. There are no units from side 3 that can die and trigger the event that checks how many units are left on side 3.
Aha! Thank you for explaining that. I notice no fixes mentioned in the next two pages of this thread following your post.

Guess I gotta go back and play it over.
GamerRebellion

Post by GamerRebellion »

So from the bad moon rising, I went to this campaign. And I found two bugs.
1. The "An Encounter" scenario, I have defeated the khtlon elvish avenger before the elvish captain in the west (Like Kondrand 2 suggest), yet the scenario still won't end
2. In the scenario "Tower-Second Floor Landing", I get this messege

I hope u can fix this soon, Still, ur campaign is amazing though
Attachments
Tri2-Tower - Second Floor Landing.gz
(60.16 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
Tri2-Tower - Second Floor Landing replay.gz
(74.34 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
Tri1-An Encounter.gz
(64.03 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Tri1-An Encounter replay.gz
(105.59 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
2020-10-12.png
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks for the report, I'll look into it this weekend.
GamerRebellion

Post by GamerRebellion »

doofus-01 wrote: October 13th, 2020, 11:29 am Thanks for the report, I'll look into it this weekend.
Thanks, I really appreciate your work. Hope you always well
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

GamerRebellion wrote: October 12th, 2020, 12:27 pm 1. The "An Encounter" scenario, I have defeated the khtlon elvish avenger before the elvish captain in the west (Like Kondrand 2 suggest), yet the scenario still won't end
You are aggressive! I think I see the problem, will try to have an update tomorrow.
GamerRebellion wrote: October 12th, 2020, 12:27 pm 2. In the scenario "Tower-Second Floor Landing", I get this messege
The error about 'breeze_caller_TEMP' can probably be fixed (I guess the South-Seas caller who could summon breezes died? Or you never got her?)
The one about 'keldan' is a little more concerning, that's a main character and I don't get it in an old save I have (from ~16 months ago though). Maybe it's nothing and a relic, but let me know if later scenarios with Keldan fail.
GamerRebellion wrote: October 12th, 2020, 12:27 pm hope u can fix this soon, Still, ur campaign is amazing though
I'll try, thanks for your help.
GamerRebellion

Post by GamerRebellion »

doofus-01 wrote: October 18th, 2020, 2:27 am
GamerRebellion wrote: October 12th, 2020, 12:27 pm 1. The "An Encounter" scenario, I have defeated the khtlon elvish avenger before the elvish captain in the west (Like Kondrand 2 suggest), yet the scenario still won't end
You are aggressive! I think I see the problem, will try to have an update tomorrow.
GamerRebellion wrote: October 12th, 2020, 12:27 pm 2. In the scenario "Tower-Second Floor Landing", I get this messege
The error about 'breeze_caller_TEMP' can probably be fixed (I guess the South-Seas caller who could summon breezes died? Or you never got her?)
The one about 'keldan' is a little more concerning, that's a main character and I don't get it in an old save I have (from ~16 months ago though). Maybe it's nothing and a relic, but let me know if later scenarios with Keldan fail.
GamerRebellion wrote: October 12th, 2020, 12:27 pm hope u can fix this soon, Still, ur campaign is amazing though
I'll try, thanks for your help.
Yeah, I never got her, and I think that also affects this scenario. I will try again this campaign once you have updated it
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

GamerRebellion wrote: October 18th, 2020, 6:33 am Yeah, I never got her, and I think that also affects this scenario.
Probably you didn't have any level 2 or 3 healers in the Landing scenario of part 1 (the one with the cross-hairs)? Or the bird got killed before you had one? I guess auto-recalling a couple units at the start could avoid that situation.

EDIT: I've uploaded 1.5.11 to the BfW 1.14 (Stable) server, I think I've addressed the issues brought up in recent posts. Unfortunately, the [unstore_unit]: variable 'breeze_caller_TEMP' doesn't exist error will still be there in the posted save-game, but it should no longer be possible to get in that situation going forward.
GamerRebellion

Post by GamerRebellion »

doofus-01 wrote: October 18th, 2020, 9:57 pm
GamerRebellion wrote: October 18th, 2020, 6:33 am Yeah, I never got her, and I think that also affects this scenario.
Probably you didn't have any level 2 or 3 healers in the Landing scenario of part 1 (the one with the cross-hairs)? Or the bird got killed before you had one? I guess auto-recalling a couple units at the start could avoid that situation.

EDIT: I've uploaded 1.5.11 to the BfW 1.14 (Stable) server, I think I've addressed the issues brought up in recent posts. Unfortunately, the [unstore_unit]: variable 'breeze_caller_TEMP' doesn't exist error will still be there in the posted save-game, but it should no longer be possible to get in that situation going forward.
that's fine, I like to start over the campaign again since I don't know what to do in home anymore :doh: thank you so much for your work
GamerRebellion

Post by GamerRebellion »

Sorry to report again, in the An Encounter scenario I noticed that in the order for you to win is to eliminate all of the side 3 (not only the elvish avenger). And then kill the elvish captain in the west. Can you make the scenario to not have to kill all of the side 3 and only the elvish avenger? I must admit this scenario is very difficult.

Oh yeah, one more question. I just read previous page of this thread and I found people have the elf sister in outside tower scenario. I just want to know to get them? or is they have been removed?