1.16 SP Campaign: Trinity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

shaggydoc

Re: 1.14 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by shaggydoc »

...okay so got through Dark Planet IIa, now stuck on Dark Planet IIb, have killed both mech leaders including the mech 'doubles' or whatever they're called, am right by the blinking light thingy, and nothing is happening. I know these are under development, but it is very confusing.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

federicus wrote: January 28th, 2020, 1:26 pm I can't find out how to win Bitter Truth.

I killed the giant robot. I've found Tristen. Now the objective is to find a way out but... holy crap, what am I supposed to do?
Keldan has to reach the exit gates, an allied unit won't work. Yes, it needs revision. Do you have a save-file you could post? Defeating the giant robot shouldn't be a viable goal, I'd like to see how not to send the player on that particular snipe-hunt.

Thanks.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.5.7 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.14 server. I made some revisions to the Tower scenarios that I think should fix some issues. Commit summary (closest I've got to a chancelog):

Code: Select all

version bump to 1.5.7
P2 scenarios - ran wmlindent
terrain-graphics - adding tower window images, forgot to add in earli…
Tower scenario Upper Levels - make fountain events trigger once only
final Tower scenario - update map
Tower scenario - variable cleanup of thrall_fix_TEMP
Tower scenario Upper Levels - some fixes to the indoor/outdoor mechan…
terrain-graphics - allow tower window variations
Tri2 - Upper Levels: make it so a unit cannot enter a door if someone… 
later Tower scenario - fix the note in starting objectives
some images added relevant to Bitter Truth scenario
some fixes and revisions to Bitter Truth scenario
units - make Mechanical Dragon tougher 
Archaic Resources was also updated, very minor, but needed for a lua GUI thing.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Kylix

Post by Kylix »

When the Elvish Archer gets "killed", after revealing herself to be a Khthon and telling her sister she doesn't know about other elves who survived the curse, she ran away and Dardrus/Bresda (I don't remember) questioned the Elvish Shaman. Now, when it happens, the Archer remains right there and can be used, while an error message appears on the top of the screen.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Kylix wrote: March 7th, 2020, 8:49 pm When the Elvish Archer gets "killed", after revealing herself to be a Khthon and telling her sister she doesn't know about other elves who survived the curse, she ran away and Dardrus/Bresda (I don't remember) questioned the Elvish Shaman. Now, when it happens, the Archer remains right there and can be used, while an error message appears on the top of the screen.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Could you let me know what the error was?
Kylix

Post by Kylix »

doofus-01 wrote: March 8th, 2020, 4:15 am
Kylix wrote: March 7th, 2020, 8:49 pm When the Elvish Archer gets "killed", after revealing herself to be a Khthon and telling her sister she doesn't know about other elves who survived the curse, she ran away and Dardrus/Bresda (I don't remember) questioned the Elvish Shaman. Now, when it happens, the Archer remains right there and can be used, while an error message appears on the top of the screen.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Could you let me know what the error was?
<link removed>

You can see the error message on the top left.

2022.02.13: The image hosting site that was used to include images in this post has turned to be malicious, therefore all links to that site in this post have been removed. - WhiteWolf
Last edited by WhiteWolf on February 13th, 2022, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed malicious links
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks. After a quick glance at the data files, I don't see the problem. Do you happen to still have any save-games from that scenario? It would really help me figure this out.
y2kid

Post by y2kid »

Stuck at Rebirth with the objective slay all the elves except Keldan... Is there an avenger ambushing somewhere that I cannot find and is throwing the game off, or is it a bug?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

y2kid wrote: March 29th, 2020, 3:38 pm Stuck at Rebirth with the objective slay all the elves except Keldan... Is there an avenger ambushing somewhere that I cannot find and is throwing the game off, or is it a bug?
Not sure, it's not a bug that I know of. There are Rangers/Avengers in that scenario, but they should be pretty easy to flush out.
y2kid

Post by y2kid »

Can you highlight the tiles on the minimap where the stealth elves are? Might give it a chance later on but manually checking every single tree would be exhausting 😂
TheSociopath

Post by TheSociopath »

In the landing scenario, Bresda is not spawning
I have been playing on 1.12, but as that version does not have the ending, I have been trying to speed through this version to get to the point were I was with everything that I had.
Despite that, if I continue, she reappears as a heroine in the Reversal, but disappears again in subsumption. I am also prompted to try and survive to the end of turns in that scenario playing dardus against nemesis and her minions
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

TheSociopath wrote: April 13th, 2020, 2:56 am In the landing scenario, Bresda is not spawning
I have been playing on 1.12, but as that version does not have the ending, I have been trying to speed through this version to get to the point were I was with everything that I had.
Hi,
I don't remember seeing that, but I might be able to fix it if you have the save-file (the one from the start of scenario, not a turn/autoturn save).

Thanks.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.5.8 has been uploaded to the 1.14 server. The changes involve the Dark Planet scenarios. They should make things more clear, but there is more work to do (there always will be...).
Changelog
terrain - touch-ups to small ruined Dark Planet towers
Scenarios - Dark Planet (II) - some touch-ups to breaking open the fi…
units - some animations for Seth
Fixups to Dark Planet (II)
Scenarios - fixes to Dark Planet 1B
Dark Planet terrain - fix up the towers (layering and variations)
utils - move Seth narrator dialog macro to utils
Scenarios - split first Dark Planet scenario into two
Scenarios/Maps - Dark Planet - adding new terrain ^Tdsy
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

(a bit belatedly)
Kylix wrote: March 11th, 2020, 12:52 pm
doofus-01 wrote: March 8th, 2020, 4:15 am
<link removed>

You can see the error message on the top left.
Isn't that reveal supposed to happen right before Bresda's South Sea Humans and Dardrus enter the tower (the scenario, I just checked, is called Tower-Outside in BfW 1.12), or is it supposed to happen only when she's attacked now? Because in BfW 1.12 she would leave even if she survived, I remember.
Last edited by WhiteWolf on February 13th, 2022, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed malicious links
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.5.9 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.14 server. I didn't try to fix the elf bug that Sadaharu and Kylix discussed, though I will if anyone has a save-file I could look at. Aside from that, this is probably the last BfW 1.14 update, I'm going to start moving Archaic things, BMR, and Trinity to BfW 1.15/1.16.
changelog
Part 2 - Coda and Epilogue - some dialog fixes to Khthon branch
terrain - Dark Planet - fix incorrectly sized image
P2 Coda - full heal Haldrad when he gets scratched by Nemesis
Part2- Final DP scenario - fix goofy dialog
Dark Planet Sc2c and terrain - update main chamber and victory condit…
graphics - misc mech attack icon updates
terrain - graphics update to DP towers
terrain - updates to central machine graphics
Dark Planet Scenarios - some fixes to dialog and victory conditions c…
Scenario Dark Planet (II) - fix Seth recruiting in walls
terrain graphics - add some old walls variation