1.16 SP Campaign: Trinity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.14 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by doofus-01 »

mw121 wrote: October 29th, 2019, 4:05 pm Previous text when I get there with other unit was just confusing.
Noted, thanks.
Duncan-Idaho wrote: October 29th, 2019, 9:16 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Thanks.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Duncan-Idaho

Post by Duncan-Idaho »

My reply
Spoiler:
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

It could have been written differently, true, alternatives are possible. I'm just saying the ending makes sense, to my mind at least.

Yes, it is all "clarktech", even the red/white mages, necromancers, and elf ladies are using "clarktech", though they don't know it (cargo cult-like maybe). Learning found "clarketech" from scratch isn't easy.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
shaggydoc

Post by shaggydoc »

This may seem silly but I can’t figure out how to progress in Dark Planet II. I’ve gone through the teleport, beaten Seth where he floats away after a couple hits, have opened the chests and killed the sun dog or whatever, and now I’m stuck, and half the map is still blacked out. Anyone have an idea of what next?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

shaggydoc wrote: November 29th, 2019, 2:31 pm This may seem silly but I can’t figure out how to progress in Dark Planet II. I’ve gone through the teleport, beaten Seth where he floats away after a couple hits, have opened the chests and killed the sun dog or whatever, and now I’m stuck, and half the map is still blacked out. Anyone have an idea of what next?
I'm guessing you need to blow open the final chamber. Did you get a powder from a chest? Move that unit (there should be an overlay icon) to near the blocked area SW of the floating-away Seth.
EDIT: by SW, I mean down the hall, not in the SW corner of his little fort.
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

I am having a hard time with Tri2-Bitter Truth Turn 113.

In general I think the riddles are ... not great. It's much better and simpler to e. g. have a challenge on the battlefield than, say, have to fulfil conditions which, to me, are not obvious.

I just defeated that mechanical cyborg thingy walking on two legs and now there is a door and no simple way for me to find out how to open it.

Could at a new release more hints given? Can be in-game hints by movement of units, but right now I was at most of the tiles in the map and I sitll have no idea how to open the door.
WIN_WARRIOR

Post by WIN_WARRIOR »

Good afternoon! I play the first part of a wonderful campaign. After killing Ryaeron (script 3_K04_Storm.cfg) BfW crashes. BfW Version 1.14.7, russian locale
Attachments
Три1-Штурм Велдина-Автосохр38.gz
(214.01 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

shevegen wrote: December 27th, 2019, 11:40 am I am having a hard time with Tri2-Bitter Truth Turn 113.

In general I think the riddles are ... not great. It's much better and simpler to e. g. have a challenge on the battlefield than, say, have to fulfil conditions which, to me, are not obvious.

I just defeated that mechanical cyborg thingy walking on two legs and now there is a door and no simple way for me to find out how to open it.

Could at a new release more hints given? Can be in-game hints by movement of units, but right now I was at most of the tiles in the map and I sitll have no idea how to open the door.
Did you move Keldan to the gates?
WIN_WARRIOR wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 12:29 am Good afternoon! I play the first part of a wonderful campaign. After killing Ryaeron (script 3_K04_Storm.cfg) BfW crashes. BfW Version 1.14.7, russian locale
Sorry it crashed, thanks for letting me know. I'll check it out. Was there an error message, or was is it a segmentation fault?
WIN_WARRIOR

Post by WIN_WARRIOR »

Sorry it crashed, thanks for letting me know. I'll check it out. Was there an error message, or was is it a segmentation fault?
Attachments
Безымянный.png
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

WIN_WARRIOR wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 12:29 am Good afternoon! I play the first part of a wonderful campaign. After killing Ryaeron (script 3_K04_Storm.cfg) BfW crashes. BfW Version 1.14.7, russian locale
I could not reproduce the crash, unfortunately. I used your save, with Russian locale, it behaved as expected. I was using BfW 1.14.9, maybe that has something to do with it? In any case, this is the next scenario save-file, hopefully it's enough to get through whatever the problem is.
Attachments
Три1-На Поверхности Острова.gz
(47.06 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
ashael

little problem

Post by ashael »

Hi !
I'm not very good at english , so i make apologyse for those who will read my message...
But , i'm in the "trinity campaign" and at the scénario "trinity part 2, second chances", the game doesn't work good.
I explain: we have to kill 4 personnages before the portal can be open , but after killing these characters, the door does not open...
I've try 5 or 6 times but it never works... so i can't finish the campaign....
Is there a bug ? is there something hidden ? (i tryed but don't find anything)
So please tell me what to do .
Thanks from France !!!
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

ashael wrote: January 14th, 2020, 3:20 pm Hi !
I'm not very good at english , so i make apologyse for those who will read my message...
Welcome to the forums!
I moved your message into the campaign's topic, so doofus-01 can fix the bug, if there's one.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

WIN_WARRIOR wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 10:23 am Sorry it crashed, thanks for letting me know. I'll check it out. Was there an error message, or was is it a segmentation fault?
doofus-01 wrote: January 3rd, 2020, 4:10 am I could not reproduce the crash, unfortunately. I used your save, with Russian locale, it behaved as expected. I was using BfW 1.14.9, maybe that has something to do with it? In any case, this is the next scenario save-file, hopefully it's enough to get through whatever the problem is.
Hey guys, I stumbled upon your problem, and I think I can help. I've had probably the same issue with my add-on and someone else before me in the referenced topic. It is not completely clear what is special in these Windows 7 setups that produces this, but it's not the locale (mine is Hungarian and English).
The cause of the error has been narrowed down to including [music] tags not directly in the scenario, but in some other file (like utils.cfg), and then inserting that file into the scenario with {~add-ons/stuff/foo/utils.cfg}. This inclusion seems to cause a pathing problem for libvorbis and it crashes. (on certain setups, not all of them, that's why you couldn't reproduce it).
The workaround to solve this is for WIN_WARRIOR to relocate your addons folder away from the MyDocuments directory. I'm not on windows right now and I don't know the exact location by heart, but I believe the default location for addons is under C:/User/MyDocuments/Games/Wesnoth-1.14/data/add-ons. If you are on the Steam version, you can change this setting in the game properties from the library. Change this to something like C:/MyWesnothData, or something like that, and reinstall the add-ons there. The point is not to use MyDocuments in the path.

Again, nobody has any idea yet why this is happening and why this is a solution, but it worked for me. If it works for you, please write back to confirm it :)
And also it's kind of "good" that this issue came up again - it means my pc is not alone and a very-very special case, because it happens for others as well. Maybe someone can figure out the root of the bug from here.
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

WhiteWolf wrote: January 15th, 2020, 8:43 pm Hey guys, I stumbled upon your problem, and I think I can help. I've had probably the same issue with my add-on and someone else before me in the referenced topic. It is not completely clear what is special in these Windows 7 setups that produces this, but it's not the locale (mine is Hungarian and English).
Thanks WhiteWolf. I guess this info should go into a bug report, even if it may be a Windows 7 thing. Maybe there already is one, I'll check later.
ashael wrote: January 14th, 2020, 3:20 pm Hi !
But , i'm in the "trinity campaign" and at the scénario "trinity part 2, second chances", the game doesn't work good.
I explain: we have to kill 4 personnages before the portal can be open , but after killing these characters, the door does not open...
I've try 5 or 6 times but it never works... so i can't finish the campaign....
Is there a bug ? is there something hidden ? (i tryed but don't find anything)
So please tell me what to do .
Thanks from France !!!
If I understand correctly, you cannot get out of the room at the start? I believe all the doors in that scenario need to be opened by one of the blue men, they don't just open when you defeat everyone. I suppose you could get trapped if you don't enthrall any of the blue men, but I figured the player was very unlikely to do that. Some doors have higher access requirements than others, there should be a message explaining that if you try opening one with the wrong unit.
federicus

Post by federicus »

I can't find out how to win Bitter Truth.

I killed the giant robot. I've found Tristen. Now the objective is to find a way out but... holy crap, what am I supposed to do?