1.16 SP Campaign: Trinity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.14 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by doofus-01 »

GamerRebellion wrote: October 30th, 2020, 2:22 am Sorry to report again, in the An Encounter scenario I noticed that in the order for you to win is to eliminate all of the side 3 (not only the elvish avenger). And then kill the elvish captain in the west. Can you make the scenario to not have to kill all of the side 3 and only the elvish avenger? I must admit this scenario is very difficult.
Fair enough, I'll look at it again.
GamerRebellion wrote: October 30th, 2020, 2:22 am Oh yeah, one more question. I just read previous page of this thread and I found people have the elf sister in outside tower scenario. I just want to know to get them? or is they have been removed?
They are in the first Dardrus & Bresda scenario of Part 2, with the undead enemy and the zombie dragon. They show up if you capture a certain village.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
GamerRebellion

Post by GamerRebellion »

doofus-01 wrote: November 1st, 2020, 2:39 am
GamerRebellion wrote: October 30th, 2020, 2:22 am Sorry to report again, in the An Encounter scenario I noticed that in the order for you to win is to eliminate all of the side 3 (not only the elvish avenger). And then kill the elvish captain in the west. Can you make the scenario to not have to kill all of the side 3 and only the elvish avenger? I must admit this scenario is very difficult.
Fair enough, I'll look at it again.
GamerRebellion wrote: October 30th, 2020, 2:22 am Oh yeah, one more question. I just read previous page of this thread and I found people have the elf sister in outside tower scenario. I just want to know to get them? or is they have been removed?
They are in the first Dardrus & Bresda scenario of Part 2, with the undead enemy and the zombie dragon. They show up if you capture a certain village.
Thanks for the reply dan information
TheSociopath

Post by TheSociopath »

doofus-01 wrote: April 14th, 2020, 3:16 am
TheSociopath wrote: April 13th, 2020, 2:56 am In the landing scenario, Bresda is not spawning
I have been playing on 1.12, but as that version does not have the ending, I have been trying to speed through this version to get to the point were I was with everything that I had.
Hi,
I don't remember seeing that, but I might be able to fix it if you have the save-file (the one from the start of scenario, not a turn/autoturn save).

Thanks.
So, admittedly this was a few months ago, but here's the save file.
Thanks
Attachments
Tri1-Landing.gz
(45.6 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I'm still stuck at 'Pushback' and have no idea if this was fixed since 1.5.3.

According to the scenario objectives I only lose if Haldrad dies. But if either Ponce or Advisor Lyron die, I lose as well.

EDIT:
Dwarvish side objectives add the Dwarf Kings death to the lose stuff, but if he dies, nothing happens.
Same for the Orcish side, for their leader.

EDIT 2:
Even if the Orcish leader dies, I'll be able to recruit Orcish Grunts for the next scenario.

Also, once I defeat Tristien the scenario objectives change to defeating the rest of the invaders, but once I end my turn the 'Queen' wakes up and the scenario ends. Sadly no save, only a replay. :(

EDIT 3:
I start Dark Planet - Mechanical Guard without the supplies tents the Primevalist Fighter brought out in the previous scenario.

And I have no idea how I'm supposed to actually beat the Khthon. ._.

It feels like there has to be a trick to the scenario, but I have no idea what it is.
Attachments
Tri2-Dark Planet - Mechanical Guard-Auto-Save3.gz
The Khthon attacked me unprovocated.
(236.04 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
Tri2-Dark Planet - Mechanical Guard-Auto-Save1.gz
(219.7 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
Tri2-Pushback replay.gz
(174.98 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
Tri2-Pushback Turn 26.gz
(256.34 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Tezereth

Post by Tezereth »

I remember this campaign from a loong time, and I've been wondering if it would get a sequel one day (even tought it's already the sequel of Bad moon Rising)
Occasional Sprite animator, and maker of the following add-ons :
Warfare of far lands (1.16)
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Konrad2 wrote: January 7th, 2021, 5:08 pm I'm still stuck at 'Pushback' and have no idea if this was fixed since 1.5.3.
[...]
Sorry, I missed this post somehow. I will try to look into this someday soon, thanks.
Tezereth wrote: March 8th, 2021, 8:22 am I remember this campaign from a loong time, and I've been wondering if it would get a sequel one day (even tought it's already the sequel of Bad moon Rising)
I did leave room for that, but it may have to wait until I'm retired. These things take too much time to write and maintain.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Konrad2 wrote: January 7th, 2021, 5:08 pm EDIT 3:
I start Dark Planet - Mechanical Guard without the supplies tents the Primevalist Fighter brought out in the previous scenario.

And I have no idea how I'm supposed to actually beat the Khthon. ._.

It feels like there has to be a trick to the scenario, but I have no idea what it is.
Still stuck here and I'd still appreciate hints/solutions.
Attachments
Tri2-Dark Planet - Mechanical Guard-Auto-Save7.gz
(245.53 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Kylix

Post by Kylix »

Why isn't this campaign downloadable anymore?
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

Kylix wrote: December 29th, 2021, 11:11 am Why isn't this campaign downloadable anymore?
Are you using Wesnoth 1.16? This campaign is not currently available for Wesnoth 1.16. (It still works for Wesnoth 1.14.)
Kylix

Post by Kylix »

gnombat wrote: December 29th, 2021, 3:30 pm
Kylix wrote: December 29th, 2021, 11:11 am Why isn't this campaign downloadable anymore?
Are you using Wesnoth 1.16? This campaign is not currently available for Wesnoth 1.16. (It still works for Wesnoth 1.14.)
Yes, I feared it had been removed and abandoned like Tales of the Setting Sun, nice, but never finished... :(
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

Kylix wrote: January 1st, 2022, 7:02 pm Yes, I feared it had been removed and abandoned like Tales of the Setting Sun, nice, but never finished... :(
It's true that Tales of the Setting Sun was never finished, :cry: but I don't think it was ever removed, you can still find it on the 1.11 add-ons server.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Trinity isn't abandoned, I plan to upload it to the BfW 1.16 server soon(ish). I'm still working my way through Bad_Moon_Rising at the moment.

Tales of the Setting Sun was too ambitious, I'd never get it done in a way that wasn't half-assed and disappointing. Several decades from now, if we're all still here and I'm secure in my retirement, it may come back.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Trinity 1.16.0 has been uploaded to BfW 1.16 server. I only tested through Khthon scenario Storming Weldyn, so there may be bugs in later scenarios.
I will update as I find them or anyone else reports them.
Duncan_Shriek

Re: 1.16 Dardrus resistance AMLA error

Post by Duncan_Shriek »

The 3 resistance amlas in Dardrus.cfg have the wrong sign. They are decreasing the resistance with a + sign.
Duncan_Shriek

Re: 1.16 ZA3b errors

Post by Duncan_Shriek »

After Tristien's death neither Cruel nor Hunger appear, perhaps because both would spawn onto the position of The Destroyer

Also: unknown unit type: Arif in side 2 recruit lists

Edit: And the event where Keldan transforms back from cyborg never fires, which prevents victory in the end.