1.16 SP Campaign: Trinity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Zmoj

Re: 1.12 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by Zmoj »

I've experienced a bug(?) in Second chances scenario, after I defeat starting enemy units I can't open the gates in any way, and the Elvish druid named Unia, the one I have in Brenda branch, is for green side and fights against me. Every time I kill her with entrallment ability, my Elvish Champion gets "entralled", his HP lowers by half, but his stats rise tremendously (over 100 damage on both sword and bow). Are there any tips on solving this problem?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Zmoj wrote: I can't open the gates in any way
You should be able to enthrall the Mechanics and Engineers, then they can open the doors. The first room was supposed to be a sort of "tutorial" for that.
Zmoj wrote: and the Elvish druid named Unia, the one I have in Brenda branch, is for green side and fights against me.
That sounds like an entertaining bug. Could you post/send a save-file?
Thanks.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Zmoj

Post by Zmoj »

Sorry for the long wait, I totally forgot about this. Anyway, so far so good, no more bugs for me on that scenario. Here's the save file you asked for, so feel free to experiment with it.
Attachments
Tri2-Second_Chances-Auto-Save14.gz
(330.08 KiB) Downloaded 493 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

No problem about the wait, thanks for following up. It's not immediately obvious to me what happened, but I'll figure it out eventually. Probably a bad filter or something like that.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
estdesoda

Post by estdesoda »

What is supposed to happen in Dark Planet (III), after Nemesis took Mechanical Dragon to the portal?

After Nemesis used that dragon, I watched her retreat & refuse Haldrad, and then I got a <Invalid WML found> invalid coordinate in [move_unit] message. After that, it's a strange dialogue with Haldrad talking to himself, plus one line from Ponce. The victory condition still says "Nemesis takes Mechanical Dragon to the Avatar's Portal".
Attachments
Tri2-Dark_Planet_(III)-Auto-Save12.gz
(462.79 KiB) Downloaded 467 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Yeah, something is broken there, it sounds like you did what you were supposed to... I can't look at it right now, but I will as soon as I can. I will try to fix the savefile so you don't have to start the scenario over. Thanks for reporting it.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I've found the problem, sorry for the delay. There were some events for Keldan that had not triggered by the time you got Nemesis taking the Dragon to the portal. Near line 1740 of scenario file ZA3b_Dark_Planet-IIIb.cfg is a filter requiring Keldan to be at y=46 or higher up on the map at the start of side 5 turn. If you hold off on taking the Dragon to the portal until after getting some forest terrain on the map (a process you can get started by moving Keldan north on map, then cycling through a few side turns) the save-game you posted can still be used to advance.

As for how to fix this, I see two ways:
1. When Nemesis and the Dragon reach the portal, check whether Keldan has done his thing. I'm not sure how to do this in a way that isn't really artificial.
2. Remove that Keldan at y=1-46 filter. I don't know why it is there, so I don't know if it was supposed to fix something else.

Either way, it will be fixed in the next update, but I'm not sure when that will be.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Hey Doofus,
my Start of scenario save of the the second floor (II) doesn't load. Or rather, it loads and just after the loading screen it stays black. It doesn't throw up any error or anything. It is pretty weird. I'm unsure if that is my device's fault, as I'm playing on Android.

Until then everything was working fine though :)
May I suggest that you add some turn Limits to the tower scenario? In theory it is possible to make dardrus and bresda incredibly strong, just farming for xp. Doesn't need to be too tight, just so you can't Camp forever in a narrow Passage.
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hi Paulomat4,
Paulomat4 wrote:my Start of scenario save of the the second floor (II) doesn't load. Or rather, it loads and just after the loading screen it stays black. It doesn't throw up any error or anything. It is pretty weird. I'm unsure if that is my device's fault, as I'm playing on Android.
It may be the Android, I have not seen that, as far as I remember... I'll keep it in mind though. Not sure what to suggest, unfortunately.
Paulomat4 wrote:May I suggest that you add some turn Limits to the tower scenario? In theory it is possible to make dardrus and bresda incredibly strong, just farming for xp. Doesn't need to be too tight, just so you can't Camp forever in a narrow Passage.
Sure, I think that makes sense. If not turn limits then something to move them along.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Hi again,
Turns out the black screen was just really long loading time, it loaded after 10mins approximately. Sorry for the false Alarm.
I haven't encountered any errors since and really enjoyed playing since then. The story is quite captivating!
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks for following up and letting me know. There are a number of places where this campaign could be optimized. 10 minutes is a long time to wait, I'll try to see what is causing it.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Trinity version 1.4.0 has just been uploaded to the BfW 1.13 server. I haven't been able to test it completely, but at least the first scenario is playable. The add-on was also uploaded to GitHub, the repository can be found through the link in my signature.
atp_engineer

Post by atp_engineer »

Not sure if this is a bug, or me overlooking something, but here goes nothing. I've reached an impasse on the Upper Levels scenario in part 2. As you can see in the related image, I have gotten stuck in this room with no clue on how to light the 2nd brazier, if it will light up. Is there something that I missed?
Attachments
Related image
Related image
In RNG we trust, our lord and savior in every game.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I believe you just have to approach the brazier, moving Dardrus up next to it should do the trick in the case you showed.

That's based off of a dim memory and glancing at the scenario file. There could always be a bug, especially if you are using BfW 1.13, so let me know if it doesn't work.

Thanks.
atp_engineer

Post by atp_engineer »

It worked just fine, loving the campaign so far. Thanks!
In RNG we trust, our lord and savior in every game.