1.16 SP Campaign: Trinity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

axds123

Re: 1.10 & 1.11 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by axds123 »

Now it says error with unit definition side 5 after you kill the person with scepter of fire in landing scenario
U WOT M8
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I've seen that error a lot in BfW 1.11.0, it's misleading and sometimes goes away on its own (for example if you kill that person again).

I won't be able to fix it or even have any idea what the problem is without a save-file though.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Feareth

Post by Feareth »

How do you beat the scenario encounter??? I'm get my butt kicked and can't even come close to killing the elves the animals kill and turn my soldiers and then the elves come while the animals are still mopping the floor with me of my small group and destroy everyone. I tried just charging the elves and that didn't work I can't beat this scenario. By turn 6 ill lose
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

The objectives should change, part way through, to "retreat". It may take a few turns.

It also might not be working properly on BfW 1.11.x, if you are using that.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

The AMLA for Dardrus in both branches have an option to increase his resistances... but the code should be

Code: Select all

[resistance]
                cold=-10
                fire=-10
            [/resistance]
and similarly for the arcane resistance in the second branch, rather than cold=10, which actually decreases his resistances.
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

blackjack wrote:The AMLA ...
Will fix. Thanks.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Is the branch where everyone follows Nemesis to the north still being developed? I'm playing Hawthryn Pass and it seems a bit strange... the recall list is as it was before the last scenario, Bresda is in her pre-Heroine state...
The scenario code is doesn't recall her automatically, but the dialogue has her lines...
-Voltaire
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

blackjack wrote:Is the branch where everyone follows Nemesis to the north still being developed? I'm playing Hawthryn Pass and it seems a bit strange...
No, it used to work. I don't have a save (that isn't obsolete) so I was a little thrown by Bresda not being recalled in the WML as well, but she is a leader by then, so she must get recalled automatically. The fact that she is reverted and your recall list is goofed makes me think it is this BfW 1.11.1 bug striking again (you are using 1.11.1, right?):

http://forum.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?p=545270#p545270
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

I don't think it is the same bug. The recall list is not blank, but reverted. The WML also has Nemesis as the leader, not Bresda. Is it because the previous scenario has BMR_STORE_SIDE commented out? (I could be completely wrong)
-Voltaire
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

blackjack wrote: The WML also has Nemesis as the leader, not Bresda
But Bresda gets "canrecruit=yes" set in an earlier scenario. Whether that results in an auto-recall or not, I don't remember, but that's my best guess for now.
blackjack wrote: Is it because the previous scenario has BMR_STORE_SIDE commented out? (I could be completely wrong)
Hrm, maybe... I know the campaign used to work through to the end, both branches, so I am skeptical that there is really a campaign WML bug. But it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.
Honestly, I'm just taking wild-assed guesses at this point. If you could post the save-files of that scenario and any of the 3-4 scenarios you have from before that, I'll try to fix this.

Thanks!
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Here it is.
Attachments
Tri-Wesmere's_Edge_Turn_13.gz
Right at the end of Wesmere's Edge, just move the caravan in order to end the scenario.
(156.22 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
Tri-Wesmere's_Edge.gz
(18.16 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
-Voltaire
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks, blackjack. I loaded your turn 13, and moved on to Hawthryn Pass, and everything worked just fine: Bresda-the-heroine was on the map and chatting up a storm in the scenario start. We've found a BfW bug, but it is above my pay-grade to fix this, and I don't have enough info to file bug report. Here's my Hawthryn Pass start-of-scenario savefile, generated from your previous scenario turn 13, hopefully it allows you to get past this:
Attachments
Tri-Hawthryn_Pass.gz
(34.51 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

I guess we have a Wesnoth bug then... hopefully 1.11.2 fixes it.
-Voltaire
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

If I may ask... maybe it's better if you could attach an Autosave from Turn 1, that would allow me to continue and ignore the bug.
-Voltaire
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Here you go:
Tri-Hawthryn_Pass-Auto-Save1.gz
(119.21 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
Too bad it had to end this way, next time should be better, with any luck.