Campaign: Saving Elensefar

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Prometheus

Post by Prometheus »

In saving 4_Saving_Elensefar.cfg, "Elvish High Lord" causes a crash as there is no such thing. Probably should be "Elvish Marshal".

Do you suppose the big map to little map could be nested? That is to say have multiple levels of maps instead of just two.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Prometheus wrote:In saving 4_Saving_Elensefar.cfg, "Elvish High Lord" causes a crash as there is no such thing. Probably should be "Elvish Marshal".
Will do.
Prometheus wrote:Do you suppose the big map to little map could be nested? That is to say have multiple levels of maps instead of just two.
Huh? Not sure what you mean.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

I am guessing he means, for instance that you select where to go on the bigmap, and each of those locations brings up a sub-map, on which you can select where to go, etcetera.
hey.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Flametrooper wrote:I am guessing he means, for instance that you select where to go on the bigmap, and each of those locations brings up a sub-map, on which you can select where to go, etcetera.
:? It would be a lot of work, and I don't quite see the point. It would, for example, require adding a whole bunch of new scenarios...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Oliphant

Post by Oliphant »

This was a fun campaign!

I especially liked the island hopping, and the variety of units you get to use. The short scenarios were fun. The merfolk were my favorite units to have. Nice that there were a lot of places to use them. The dwarf scenario was really tough, maybe just because I started with little gold though.

I had to replay the sea adventure completely once and a 2nd time from a save 1/2 way through due to running out of time. 30 turns on medium doesn't seem to be enough to visit all the islands, which I wanted to do because the scenarios were fun. Maybe if you know the map in advance? Meneldur is a seafarer and might be expected to have some maps, or maybe Black the Red could at least give you a hint where to go other than "western lands". Like at least highlight the destination village. Keep fog of war to hide enemy ships. Or you could make the ship faster.

If you make a variant or two on "Sea Battle" it would be more fun.

The last battle was too easy. Finished in 17 turns with minimal losses. Since I had a lot of loyal lvl 2 skeletons, I went against the elves first, who are pathetic against undead. After I beat them, there was basically nothing left to the south, everyone had cancelled each other out. Maybe it doesn't play like that every time though.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Yeah, the last level isn't particularly balanced.

30 turns might be too little. How does 40 sound?
The World of Orbivm
Oliphant

Post by Oliphant »

40 would be about right, if you do want people to be able to get to try all the scenarios. I was trying to add some turns just so I could get to the rest of the islands, but there's that 'invalid save file' thing. What a pain.
Sly

Post by Sly »

I have a problem in Saving Elensefar : when begining the last scenario, the game stop and says "Unit not found : Elvish High Lord", so I edited the .cfg, but it didn't changed anything when I retried :(

Ah and I had a nice bug : negative remaining weeks 8) I landed on village during my last day, and when I returned on the sea map I didn't loose the next turn, insted it said -1 week remaining :P
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Uh... wierd. :?
The World of Orbivm
Sly

Post by Sly »

turin wrote:Uh... wierd. :?
The first one or the second one ?

the second I may have an idea why : maybe when you go out a scenario, the counter is updated differently ?
Sly

Post by Sly »

Finaly solved my problem on the final scenario : I had to restart Wesnoth for my change in the cfg file to work :roll:

It was interesting : I landed on the north side, and I think it was the best choice : my mermen occupied the swamp preventing the elves from annoying my troops crossing the swamp and sand, and then my elven sharpshooters uprooted the elves from the forest (10-5 with CtH 60% is deadly). The mermen also helped protecting my troops when crossing the bridges.

And then at night the lich, the shadow mage and the skeletons spawned havoc on the mix of human and orcs :twisted:

Lost 4 troops (2 mermen and 2 revenants)
lougarou

Disappeared from the campaign server

Post by lougarou »

I think Saving Elensefar has disappeared from the 1.1 campaign server. Should I install it by hand?
lougarou

Re: Disappeared from the campaign server

Post by lougarou »

lougarou wrote:I think Saving Elensefar has disappeared from the 1.1 campaign server. Should I install it by hand?
After installing by hand (copying it from a 1.1.9 version), I have the following bug (?) : Upon entering the second level (Attacked at Sea), all my men get about 10 XP gratis at the start of the level. Including some that go over the level limit! I looked at the WML code, and it looks like, maybe, the switchit condition is applied at the start of the scenario.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

lougarou wrote:I think Saving Elensefar has disappeared from the 1.1 campaign server. Should I install it by hand?
I'd just like to note right now that I DETEST the idea of creating a new, "clean" campaign server.

I'll check out that bug, then release.
The World of Orbivm
lougarou

Post by lougarou »

turin wrote:I'll check out that bug, then release.
Any news about the bug?