Campaign: Saving Elensefar

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

torangan
Retired Developer

Re: Campaign: Saving Elensefar

Post by torangan »

As 1.4 is out know I'd like all campaign on WesCamp-i18n to move over to the new scheme as described here: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18675

This campaign is one of those which should move, I'll merge the old translations of course.
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
Nova

Post by Nova »

I'd also like to confirm that scenario r_Sea_Battle is broken. It should be triggered when two ships attack each other, instead your hero teleports back to home and the scenario is lost. I'm using 1.4.1 on a PC.
"Never underestimate the power of the fish rush." "I don't think nagas are fish." "Fish Rush!"
---
Flight to Freedom: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=690
Co-Author, Maintainer
Nova

Post by Nova »

Also, any time you have six weeks of food left, movement is reduced to zero. Between this and the fact that enemy ships crash the campaign, many ports are totally inaccessible.

There is talk on another thread about a dialog explaining that units can train if you finish the map early. Like some people said there, it doesn't seem to always show up. I missed it twice, anyways, and haven't seen it yet.

This feels like a heck of a campaign, and I'd really like to see if put back into working order. It sounds like it was working a few years back, but the updates to the game have made it unstable. I hope someone with the know-how is willing to help!
"Never underestimate the power of the fish rush." "I don't think nagas are fish." "Fish Rush!"
---
Flight to Freedom: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=690
Co-Author, Maintainer
Jesn

Post by Jesn »

:geek:
thats have to be a good campaing but i can´t find it in the expasins i have to dowonload from the page and later paste in the game (i know the way) eh?
Creator of "A New Kingdom"(on work) http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 50#p300050
make teh necesary, after the possible ande you will be making the imposible
IB

Post by IB »

In a navel engagement are you meant to not be able to recruit at all?
Wesnoth 1.4.4 - Hard - v1.2.1
Lord_Lukas

Post by Lord_Lukas »

Trasnlation
I must say that Saving Elensefar is one of my favourite campaign in BfW universe.
But I have always a big problem when I think about translation, we can see here http://www.wesnoth.org/gettext/?package ... ion=branch that we have almost 10 language packs for players, and always when I download a new version of SE there is nothing, only empty folders...

Please, could you do something with this situation?

//Sorry of my English, it's horrible I know
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

OK....
I tried it on my Ubuntu 8.10 (BfW 1.4.7). I think this campaign has a great potential, but - Meneldur and the sailor ( I forgot his name ) need to have their sprites updated. also, the IS_HERO icon is the one from 1.2.8...
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

I don't like reviving year-old threads, but since there's a problem with the newly uploaded 1.9 version of Saving Elensefar, myself using 1.9.4, I'll do.
The campaign does not load, due to two different errors:
* For some reason it complains that 'type=Black Galleon' is an unexpected caracter. Changing line 144 of i3-1_Theft.cfg to

Code: Select all

{ON_SIGHTING (sighted_explorer) 1 (type=Black Galleon) (
fixed this for me.
* Also a macro appeared to be missing - FOREACH_FORMAT (r_The_High_Seas.cfg:475) seems to be either an ancient version of FOREACH, or an specialized loop, which wasn't included in the download.
riccardo

Post by riccardo »

Hi, I have played the campaign yesterday, it's really cool, many thanks to the author.
I would like to report a bug i have experienced.
If I visited the Isle of Alduin, the last screenshot is somehow buggy (the enemy chief's image is cut in half), and the loading of the next scenario (the open seas) takes ages. After that, any time I tried to save the game, whether in the open sea or in any of the following islands, or in the sea battle with wesnoth ships, and reopen it from the saved file, the computer says it's corrupted and end the campaign.
Therefore the only way to continue the campaign was to skip Alduin, and do withouth mages.
I attach an archive file with some saves: the last turn of Alduin, the replay, the first save in open seas and the first save of one of the following scenario.
I hope it will help
Best wishes
Riccardo
Attachments
Archivio.zip
(154.34 KiB) Downloaded 577 times
Alarantalara
Art Contributor

Post by Alarantalara »

The <i> tags in the credits are breaking the contributions page in help.
jkekoni

Post by jkekoni »

BUG:
The battle "Fire Island" one of victory Conditions are "Survive until last turn".

This however results to defeat. The all of the enemy leaders are not practically (at all?) defeatable due to volcano and time limit.
The scenario is meant to be won by holding the time, but this will result to defeat despite victory condition saying otherwise.

1.4.9 of the campaing and BFW 1.9.9.

BFW 1.9.12 gives deprecation warnings, I do not remember 1.9.9.

I cannot give save game, since I unfortunately lost.

If there is minimum about of pirates to be saved and/or drakes to be killed it should me mentioned and the reason for defeat should be told somehow.
Pepe

Post by Pepe »

Hello,

Here is spanish translation (100%).

I dont know if AI is lately active maintaining add-on translations.

Pepe
----------------------------------
Attachments
wesnoth-Saving_Elensefar.zip
(47 KiB) Downloaded 477 times
chip56

Post by chip56 »

Is anyone else having the problem that version 1.6.2c has an automatic loss in the first scenario after you visit the world map for the first time?
Because I won the first 2 scenarios, get to travel on the world map but if I visit any port or have a sea battle I start with 0 money and thus lose instantly...
marat

Post by marat »

I wish a good time.

Russian translation of campaign is ready. (100%)

(30.07.2015)
+ translation for BfW 1.13
Attachments
wesnoth-Saving_Elensefar_BfW_1_13.7z
.MO+.PO for BfW 1.13 (30.07.2015)
(59.46 KiB) Downloaded 464 times
PO_wesnoth-Saving_Elensefar.7z
for BfW 1.12
(51.3 KiB) Downloaded 477 times
MO_wesnoth-Saving_Elensefar.7z
for BfW 1.12
(49.86 KiB) Downloaded 512 times
Last edited by marat on August 2nd, 2015, 6:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
StandYourGround
Location: On a blue ball spinning through space at incomprehensible speed

Post by StandYourGround »

Hey, I was in the scenario where I had to beat down an elvish champion and get some new elf crew (edit: "Traitors"), and after defeating the champion, the scenario ends with a defeat condition, and crashes back to the main screen. Wesnoth 1.12.4 on Mac.
I will now resume lurking silently.