The Militia

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Desert_Shyde

The Militia

Post by Desert_Shyde »

My older brother, a programmer, downloaded the game. He, my two younger brothers, and I all have campaigns we're working on. One brother's campaign has serious timing mistakes, another is completely illogical, and another is too long and complex to be done anytime soon.

I'm nearly done with my campaign. I call it "The Militia." I'm not sure enough of myself to make anything involving well-known historical figures. My campaign primarily involves a tiny village just West of Aethenwood. My campaign has some unique aspects. It involves three sides, though sides will generally be fighting seperate battles. The primary side, side 1, is virtually indestructable due to a leader replacement system. When one is killed, another steps into place. My campaign is a Level 0 campaign; it is only possible to recruit level 0s. I've borrowed units from campaigns such as Dead Water, Tale of a Mage, and Wesband; do I need permission to do so?
Hulavuta

Re: The Militia

Post by Hulavuta »

Not really. But people appreciate credit.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Desert_Shyde

Post by Desert_Shyde »

Alright. I'll add credits at the end. Here's what I've done so far. I would like comments, suggestions, and advice relating to monetary amounts and number of turns.
Attachments
The_Militia.zip
(444.97 KiB) Downloaded 713 times
The Militia
Merry Christmas
Journey to the North Pole
humanressource

Post by humanressource »

Niiice :mrgreen: gotta love level 0 campaigns!

Took me a while to fix up the code to be able to play, so im still in the first scenario (hard). Really like the style.

I'll attach the modified campaign with the path set to the 'add-ons' folder and all the @'s replaced by ~'s, so anyone can have some fun now.

Now... lets see what we can do about that cardgame issue :|
Attachments
The_Militia.zip
Modified Campaign, put into [userdata\data\add-ons]
(444.95 KiB) Downloaded 684 times
For we are many!
Desert_Shyde

Post by Desert_Shyde »

Thanks for finding the error. Let me know if you find anything else.
I had to replace some ~s with @s in other campaigns so they'd work on our computer.
The Militia
Merry Christmas
humanressource

Post by humanressource »

Yea well... HOLY HOLSTEIN COW!

Those were some tough battles, but we made it so far to get rid of that Sandy wench. Go Cows! Then I decided to stay at home rather than go on adventure, coz im a farmer, and that is what farmers do, staying at home, farming.

Which leads us to this: For the "Defense" scenario I suggest giving Daniel the loyal trait and putting him on auto-recall. Since money is an issue (at least at HARD-difficulty), some instant village-grabber would come in handy. Also I dont see myself "tripping into a hole" in the near future without one of those, because at some point the goblins start to throw one keep of recruits after another on the town.

Also also: The ally is no help at all. Sending my leader villagegrabbing makes him take my keep :augh: And he's such a puss...
For we are many!
Desert_Shyde

Post by Desert_Shyde »

Alright, I'll make Daniel a special unit. I found that scenario hard, too. I've been tweaking the money and turn amounts...I'm not very good with them. Could you give me some good suggestions?

The ally took my keep, too, so I took his.
The Militia
Merry Christmas
humanressource

Post by humanressource »

I dont have any suggestions yet. In fact I think I need to start over because starting with 60 gold leaves only a very few options. Quickly assassinate the northern leader with a Poacher and Bianca was the best I could imagine. But at that time the town is already swarming with goblins and I'm running low on resources.

What is the plan you had in mind for beating this one?
For we are many!
Desert_Shyde

Post by Desert_Shyde »

I haven't tried "Defense" on hard, if that's what you mean. My brothers usually test it on easy, and I usually test it on normal.

If you mean my plan for the end of the campaign, I want a large battle of teams 1, 2, and 3 against orcs, then an option on whether you'd rather return to Elton, conquer Elton, or take over the world.
The Militia
Merry Christmas
humanressource

Post by humanressource »

So no tricky 'I WIN BUTTON' Tactics for Defense? Okay, then it's rinse and repeat for me.
I'll try getting a bigger gold buffer and get back to you.

cheers
HR
For we are many!
humanressource

Post by humanressource »

Starting with 150g now. Very different picture, but still a hell of a struggle.

Encountered an Error:

For we are many!
Desert_Shyde

Post by Desert_Shyde »

I'll look into it. I'm glad you tried leveling up a goblin; we never got around to it.
The Militia
Merry Christmas
Kanapka

Post by Kanapka »

In the 'Cleanup' mission i get an unknown unit 'Walking Bones' error.

The previous scenario (the survive-for-one-turn mission) had an 80% carryover gold. Is it supposed to be this way? I don't think so, as you have no opportunity to gather any gold there.

In the fourth mission ('Coming Home'? i don't remember the name ;) i could recruit the Elvish Citizens, but the elf recall list was gone. This was a pain, as two previous scenarios were mostly in woods, so the elven units did most of the fighting and most level-ups were on the elvish side.

The units seem to have random levelup possibilities - i think that you could either let the player level the L0 unit into all L1 units or make some difference between L0 units. Right now sometimes the Citizens can level up into fighter/archer and sometimes into archer/shaman, and similar goes for the peasant.
humanressource

Post by humanressource »

this is a great feature i think: gender specific level ups. nice flavour with that!
For we are many!
Kanapka

Post by Kanapka »

After I checked carefully, the Elvish Citizen and Peasant Child have male and female sprites, while Peasant does not. Or maybe there's a way to tell what the specific peasant will level into?

Now when i know that level up is gender specific, i think it's great too ;p.