Ice Age Fun and Japhel's Journey

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ice Age Fun and Japhel's Journey

Post by Crendgrim »

Can second the bug Kewltist mentioned. Actually, I just visited the forums to report it and must see it was already done. :P
The same applies a few scenarios later (where you have to kill King Snaga) to King Snaga himself and the blue orcish leader. Both don't want to create forces :shock:
But another (little) on, also on 1.9.6 (newest campaign version): In the mammoth hunt scenario, you're told that you're only able to recruit 4 hunters - but I was able to recruit 6 of them.

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Mikeul

Post by Mikeul »

Kewltist wrote:I just downloaded IAF on 1.9.6 and found first bug
In "I am Error" Error won't recruit anytheeng at all! He captchoord 4 camps and dats it. :shock:
i'm not shoor wht causes it (canrecruit= yes) but i'm total wml newb =P
Hi
Same bug in 1.9.5, ERROR doesn't recruit any troop.

In the stderr.txt file, there's a message about an incorrect recruitement_pattern :
20110606 18:08:32 warning ai/general: At difficulty level NORMAL, trying to recruit a:scout but no unit of that type (usage=) is available. Check the recruit and [ai] recruitment_pattern keys for team 'Error' (2) against the usage key of the units in question! Removing invalid recruitment_pattern entry and continuing...
Without the recruitement pattern in the .cfg, same bug but no error msg about recruitement_pattern in stderr.txt

An idea ?
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

Found the bug. I accidentally put the gold and recruit lists in the [ai] tags in those cases. I have fixed it in my version, but there are a couple more changes I need to make before I upload, so you'll have to wait 'til this afternoon. ;)
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
Is cothabhálach an aistriúcháin Gaeilge mé.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

New release of IAF postponed, because I received word of a game-breaking bug in it on the feedback thread. Unfortunately, I did not receive any details. :? Has anyone else found any game-breaking bugs in IAF? If there are, I want to fix them before the new version comes out.

Best regards,
Mountain_King
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
EXTERMINATE!!!!
Kewltist

Post by Kewltist »

Not rhlly gamebreaking but same recrootment bug in Saber Tooth Skirmish in case you didn't feex it

i'll play sm more today and edit ze post if i find it
Last edited by Kewltist on June 11th, 2011, 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Kewltist: Please write English, not that SMS type of speech.

Mountain_King:
I didn't encounter any on 1.9.6 so far, though I didn't play further than the last level I commented on, because I don't think it's fun this way. ;)
So, looking forward to see that fixed; then I can playtest everything. :)

Crend
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

You could always just not recruit... though you'd still get an insane EFB.
Though, on second thought, I can just make more than one upload today... :hmm:
Okay. I uploaded a version 1.5.2 of IAF to the server just now, which fixes all of the bugs that I am aware of. Now you can update the campaign and keep playing, Crendgrim. ;)

And yes, Kewltist, I should probably say that while I understand all regional dialects of English, a sizable portion of Caighdeán Irish, and even some Spanish, I don't understand that cross-regional dialect of English known as "textspeak" very well. It's too hard to conjugate. :P
EXTERMINATE!!!!
whip

Post by whip »

Hi, I just found an error while playing IAF A Path into Darkness scenario.
Right after Old Man strucks the roof with a lightning bolt, I've got he following error:

Invalid value in the result key for [end_level]

Condition 'result.empty() || result == "victory" || result == "defeat"' failed at /build/buildd/wesnoth-1.9-1.9.6/src/game_events.cpp:2235 in function 'wml_func_endlevel'. Extra development information: result = 'continue_no_save'.

The battle for wesnoth version is 1.9.6.

Regards.
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

Yes! The game-breaking bug! Thanks for the bug report! :D An updated version is on the way: 1.5.3. By the time I'm done posting this it should be done uploading, and you can update and continue.

In other news, a new version of JJ is almost ready, with another playable scenario or two. :wink:

Thanks again and best regards,
Mountain_King
EXTERMINATE!!!!
whip

Post by whip »

Thanks, it seems to work perfectly, now.

Best regards. :)
Mikeul

Post by Mikeul »

Hi

In "An Otherworldly Experience", same bug than the 1st map with Error (First Battle) : Baobab (allied IA) can't recruit any soldier. The recruit pattern in enclosed in [AI] tags.
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

Okay, as much as I didn't want to until I had more worked on, I'm uploading version 1.5.3b of IAF to the add-on server. The one major change is just that I fixed all the unrecruitable bugs through the whole campaign. I looked through all the scenario files and fixed the problematic [ai] tags.

And it looks like the next version of JJ has to wait yet again due to problems with the [tunnel] tag. On the bright side, it's getting a lot more balancing than it might have gotten otherwise. :D

Best regards and have a great day all,
Mountain_King
EXTERMINATE!!!!
Angrenpaur

Post by Angrenpaur »

Can't even start the prologue
Playing 1.9.6. The 1.8 version seems to work well

Code: Select all

ERROR DETAILS:
Found invalid closing tag event for tag message (opened at ~add-ons/The_Ice_Age/scenarios/21_Otherworldly_Experience.cfg:594 included from ~add-ons/The_Ice_Age/_main.cfg:73), value ']' at ~add-ons/The_Ice_Age/scenarios/21_Otherworldly_Experience.cfg:597 included from ~add-ons/The_Ice_Age/_main.cfg:73

20110625 22:33:09 error general: Unknown scenario: '00_Prologue'
shadowblack

Post by shadowblack »

20110630 01:08:29 error general: Duplicate terrain code definition found for ^Z/
20110630 01:08:29 error general: Failed to add terrain overlay-gate-se (Gate) [ice]
20110630 01:08:29 error general: which conflicts with overlay-gate-se (Gate) [wesnoth-UMC-After_the_Storm]
20110630 01:08:29 error general: Duplicate terrain code definition found for ^Z\
20110630 01:08:29 error general: Failed to add terrain overlay-gate-sw (Gate) [ice]
20110630 01:08:29 error general: which conflicts with overlay-gate-sw (Gate) [wesnoth-UMC-After_the_Storm]
The errors occur when I open the Map Editor.
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

This "After the Storm" seems to define terrains from other add-ons with exactly the same terrain codes. You already posted this issue in another thread, so I'd suggest removing that add-on from your game if you don't want to play it; and inform that add-on's author rather than all others. :P

Of course, I don't know who copied from whom, but regarding that there are two add-ons who have problems with one other, it really looks as if this one was doing the harm.

Crend