Great Legend Era Campaigns

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Great Legend Era Campaigns

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

@Kamamura and Kymille: Thank you for the feedback and I have fixed your reported issues.

I'm getting feed-back for the first 2 campaigns but why not the Wesfolk Prince? Did anybody play that yet? If not then wait for v1.0.1 to be released...It has some essential stuff which needed fixing.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Tron91

Post by Tron91 »

Ok your prays are answered! Solve this minor bug. Have solved it myself and its v1.0.0 is working for me in BfW 1.9.8; Fix it and upload the fixed version of the campaign.

The problem of not getting any feedback! The Campaign doesn't even load due to the bug!

Battle for Wesnoth v1.9.8
Started on Sun Sep 11 00:58:44 2011

Automatically found a possible data directory at L:/Battle for Wesnoth 1.9.8

Data directory: L:/Battle for Wesnoth 1.9.8
User configuration directory: L:/Battle for Wesnoth 1.9.8/userdata
User data directory: L:/Battle for Wesnoth 1.9.8/userdata
Cache directory: L:/Battle for Wesnoth 1.9.8/userdata/cache
Checking video mode: 1024x768x32...
setting mode to 1024x768x32
20110911 00:58:51 error general: no location found for 'data/add-ons/The_Wesfolk_Prince/translations', skipping textdomain
20110911 00:58:51 error general: no location found for 'data/add-ons/Adventures_of_Knighthood/translations', skipping textdomain
20110911 00:58:51 error general: no location found for 'data/add-ons/AgeOfTrials/translations', skipping textdomain
20110911 00:58:51 error general: no location found for 'data/add-ons/Alfhelm/translations', skipping textdomain
20110911 00:58:51 error general: no location found for 'data/add-ons/Elvish_Dynasty/translations', skipping textdomain
20110911 00:58:51 error general: no location found for 'data/campaigns/Epic_of_Vaniyera/translations', skipping textdomain
20110911 00:58:51 error general: no location found for 'data/add-ons/Era_of_Four_Moons/translations', skipping textdomain
20110911 00:58:51 error general: no location found for 'data/add-ons/Fall_of_Silvium/translations', skipping textdomain
20110911 00:58:51 error general: no location found for 'data/add-ons/Galis_Contract/translations', skipping textdomain
20110911 00:58:51 error general: no location found for 'data/add-ons/Gloria_Victis/translations', skipping textdomain
20110911 00:58:51 error general: no location found for 'data/add-ons/Gunpowder_Age/translations', skipping textdomain
20110911 00:58:51 error general: no location found for 'data/add-ons/Jousting/translations', skipping textdomain
20110911 00:58:51 error general: no location found for 'data/add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/translations', skipping textdomain
20110911 00:58:51 error general: no location found for 'data/add-ons/MoN/translations', skipping textdomain
20110911 00:58:51 error general: no location found for 'data/add-ons/RPG_AMLA_Era/translations', skipping textdomain
20110911 00:58:51 error general: no location found for '~data/add-ons/Rise_of_Camdar/translations', skipping textdomain
20110911 00:58:51 error general: no location found for 'add-ons/The_Invincible_Wall/translations', skipping textdomain
20110911 00:58:51 error general: no location found for 'data/add-ons/Trapped/translations', skipping textdomain
20110911 00:58:51 error general: no location found for 'data/add-ons/Up_From_Slavery/translations', skipping textdomain
20110911 00:59:09 error config: Macro/file 'DEFEAT_CONDITION' is missing at ~add-ons/The_Wesfolk_Prince/scenarios/10_Island_of_Doom.cfg:413 included from ~add-ons/The_Wesfolk_Prince.cfg:58
20110911 00:59:09 error config: error reading usermade add-on 'L:/Battle for Wesnoth 1.9.8/userdata/data/add-ons/The_Wesfolk_Prince.cfg'
20110911 00:59:09 error general: The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
L:/Battle for Wesnoth 1.9.8/userdata/data/add-ons/The_Wesfolk_Prince.cfg
ERROR DETAILS:
Macro/file 'DEFEAT_CONDITION' is missing at ~add-ons/The_Wesfolk_Prince/scenarios/10_Island_of_Doom.cfg:413 included from ~add-ons/The_Wesfolk_Prince.cfg:58
Tron91

Post by Tron91 »

There are another two bugs:

From File: 11_The_Final_Showdown.cfg

Line No. 181: {VICTORY_CONDITION "Defeat all enemies."}

From File: 12_The_Escape.cfg

Line No. 150: {VICTORY_CONDITION "Move Caldor to the signpost located at the temple entrance."}

Fix these three bugs and you can start getting Feedbacks;
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

@Tron91: Thank you for the reports, I guess I took too many shortcuts, by using macros, most of which are now deprecated. I will fix this in version 1.0.1
WanderingHero

Post by WanderingHero »

Even with the Great Legend era and Great Legend Extended Era addons, I still couldn't get the campaigns to work. What else am I missing? Tried on 1.96
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

@Wandering Hero: The campaigns were revised using 1.9.9 and GLE v1.9.5, so I suggest updating Wesnoth.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Sorry for the double post, but the announcement must be made!
Annoucement
The long awaited sequel of The Rise of Genesis is at hand, only 2 more scenarios to code.
Theme and Style
The campaign is a sort of action based campaign, less story and more action. It has 7 scenarios in total, and is seemingly endless. I'm trying to make the finale like Endless Night of Descent into Darkness. The theme is generally knights vs orcs, with a little pinch of revenge and onslaught.
Gameplay
Unlike my previous campaigns, this one depends heavily on the multiple leaders and extra_recruit WMLs. Players will have access to both human and troll recruits.
Name and Plot
Fall of Knightmare
Genesis is overrun by orcs and its upto Cleon Knightmare (Tegwyn's grandson) to reclaim it. Later when the vampires launch their invasion, how long can you resist them from conquering your city?
Difficulty
I'm trying to make it an intermediate level campaign.
Campaign redirected at http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35354
RedAdder

Post by RedAdder »

On the second scenario of "rise of genesis" when played in 1.9.13, there is a message:
"invalid WML: [set_variable] [switch] [clear_variable] not supported at scenario toplevel"
Not sure yet whether it affects gameplay.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

RedAdder wrote:On the second scenario of "rise of genesis" when played in 1.9.13, there is a message:
"invalid WML: [set_variable] [switch] [clear_variable] not supported at scenario toplevel"
Not sure yet whether it affects gameplay.
Wow, I expected this topic to be dead :shock: ..... but thanks for the feedback
And this doesn't affect game play. When I first re-wrote the scenario file I wanted to try out the sighted event macros :mrgreen: ...but I guess they didn't work out :( . I will check the file again and remove them if necessary :hmm: .
WanderingHero

Post by WanderingHero »

Hey, played some of your campaigns.

I remember somewhere you asked for feedback on Wesfolk Prince so: Played up to the undead scenario. Its kind of fun, but it seems very very easy. Wesfolk mages dominate every other unit in your recruit unit, and every unit the enemy can field, so you just end up spammig a horde of them, with possibly a sacrificial meat shield or 2. Does it get harder/more varied?
I did like the tribe battle scenario, and even lost a lv2 Wizard when more enemies than I could handle rushed my pace (then I burned them all to death). If it doesn't get harder I wonder if the campaign is novice level?

Finished Rise of Genesis, it was also pretty fun, but after the first few scenarios it became a lot less inventive and was often just spam Knight/Great Knight horde vs orcs. I did like the clever first scenario with every faction against each other. I wonder if Mystic Whelps are Op'd for their cost, but then that did make the scenario more challenging.

Played Fall of NightMaria, just completed the troll scenario, but found the trolls wern't in my recruit or recall list? Is this a bug or do I get them later?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

I remember somewhere you asked for feedback on Wesfolk Prince so: Played up to the undead scenario. Its kind of fun, but it seems very very easy. Wesfolk mages dominate every other unit in your recruit unit, and every unit the enemy can field, so you just end up spammig a horde of them, with possibly a sacrificial meat shield or 2. Does it get harder/more varied?
I did like the tribe battle scenario, and even lost a lv2 Wizard when more enemies than I could handle rushed my pace (then I burned them all to death). If it doesn't get harder I wonder if the campaign is novice level?
Wesfolk Mages are overpowered? I find them well-balanced though, it is the Wesfolk Outcast, the worries. They have good HP and leadership.
Finished Rise of Genesis, it was also pretty fun, but after the first few scenarios it became a lot less inventive and was often just spam Knight/Great Knight horde vs orcs. I did like the clever first scenario with every faction against each other. I wonder if Mystic Whelps are Op'd for their cost, but then that did make the scenario more challenging.
Using Knights/ Grand Knights vs Orcs is pretty obvious in the last two scenarios, I think adding Orc/Troll ambushes, would make the last one a bit more of a challenge.
Played Fall of NightMaria, just completed the troll scenario, but found the trolls wern't in my recruit or recall list? Is this a bug or do I get them later?
That campaign has a separate thread, but if kept your mouse cursor on Cleon while selecting recruit/recalls, then you won't get any trolls. Try holding the cursor on the troll leader, and then recruit/recall.
WanderingHero

Post by WanderingHero »

For Fall of Knightmara I recruited 3 trolls, but they dind't appear in my recall list in the next scenari
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

WanderingHero wrote:For Fall of Knightmara I recruited 3 trolls, but they dind't appear in my recall list in the next scenari
If you are having problems like this, how did you manage to play Legend of Wesmere? I got the idea of leader specific recruit lists from that campaign.
WanderingHero

Post by WanderingHero »

Oh you meant I can't recall if I don't have the troll?

Sorry I hadn't got that far in LOW, In most games with off race recuriting the recruits are added to the recall list afterwards. Ma bad
Hex

Post by Hex »

In the The Invincible Wall, when the twilight forest dies, there is still trees shown along the side hexes that one can't travel on, it kind of ruins the effect.

Also, even on the hardest setting, this campaign is very easy, your allies do most of the work. So one just needs to rush with them but stay behind them mostly. And the ones where they fight each other, you just let them and attack the odd ones out.

It would be nice if there were multiple paths or hidden characters etc. Are the other campaigns as linear as TIW?