1.8 SP Campaign: Trinity 0.0.17

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Trinity 0.0.12 (~15-20 scenarios)

Post by doofus-01 »

Yeah, 0.0.12. I got mixed up with the other two add-ons' version numbers, I guess.

The savegame errors with the hyphens is an engine bug. I've reported it (http://gna.org/bugs/?16005), but it is probably not a priority. Hopefully it doesn't do anything but cause those error messages.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
adm

Post by adm »

I think the description is a bit misleading. I would have written something like "hyphen in unit type ID leads to the corruption of savegames". Even if the bug would have a high priority, most people wouldn't benefit until the next stable release.

I don't think that 18 turns on "Maelstrom" is enough considering that you have to kill the mummy with Nemesis.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

adm wrote:I don't think that 18 turns on "Maelstrom" is enough considering that you have to kill the mummy with Nemesis.
That is probably true, I will change that.

0.0.13 went to the server because I managed to get one more scenario done. There is one more to go, but that will be a while.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Trinity 0.0.13 (~15-20 scenarios)

Post by doofus-01 »

0.0.14 just went to the server. The campaign is complete, though there is still plenty of work to be done. The last scenario is difficult to get anywhere near balanced, so I wanted to get it out in case anyone wants to help with that. There probably needs to be a little more at the very end, but I need to come back to it with fresher eyes.
Kelben

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Trinity 0.0.14 (~15-20 scenarios)

Post by Kelben »

I always enjoy your campaigns doofus so I will try giving it a try... but I have to tell you I am completely obsess by Arsenal of Democracy at the moment and when I play Wesnoth it is more in multiplayer with my friends. But I will try to free some time.
-WAR- Wesnoth Allied Rebels
afrit

Post by afrit »

Storming Weldyn is....frustrating. Taking out the general seems to be the better choice, but then a huge wave of units comes at you, and with no gold, there's no chance. The top kthon seems to almost hold out, I typically ended up with just Kedar fighting off a couple of the elven lords elves (playing medium difficulty).
At the bottom though, I started with 3 vet T3 units and got swamped, time and time again, even when converting the halberdiers/high level mages. Perhaps, more gold for Echidna, less gold for central advisor, and scrap duellists/dragoons.
Might make it possible (just!) to beat.

Also, great campaign, really liked it, particularly nemesis parts. Found 'the sign' a little annoying but other than that, loved it all :)
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks, I'll take that into consideration. "Storming Weldyn" is supposed to be big and difficult, but that too easily slides into frustrating. I'll try to even it out.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

0.0.15 went to the server. I have not adjusted any scenarios much, but I did fix some AI issues. Most noticeable is in "High Lord" scenario, but many if not most scenarios were affected a little bit.
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Trinity 0.0.15 (~15-20 scenarios)

Post by doofus-01 »

0.0.16 just went to the server. The biggest adjustments were to the Signal scenario (I made the map shorter, so it should be a bit quicker) and Storming Weldyn scenario.
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Trinity 0.0.16

Post by doofus-01 »

0.0.17 went to the server. The changes are not big, probably most noticeable is that Seth now has a portrait and a different sprite.
alex50036

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Trinity 0.0.17

Post by alex50036 »

great campaign so far im on 3rd loyalist scenario i found a bug where everytime you go back to a previous turn it says it's corrupted it dosent make a difference then but makes recalling units more difficult as it seems some of them lose all of there experience and ocasionally dissapear i am playing with the most recent wesnoth version1.8.3 and latest trinity. :? :shock:
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

The message about corruption comes from some unit types having hyphens in their ID, it is an engine bug (http://gna.org/bugs/?16005) and will hopefully be fixed some day.

There have been problems with the recall list in the past, I'd thought/hoped that was no longer the case. I never was able to pin down the source of the problem, for all I know it could be related to the hyphen thing. If you have them available, could you post the last save-file that does not have the problem (probably the scenario start save) and a save-file after you notice the problem? I'd like to compare the data for the stored units.
Seddyrocky

Post by Seddyrocky »

Great job, the three storylines in one campaign makes it varied and fun to play!

So far, the Nemesis part is by far the easiest (most gold, most powerful units and easiest scenarios) while the Khohton parts are the most interesting, difficult and frustrating. (Human part is mostly vanilla but quite ok). Converting units requiers extreme luck it seems, due to that even if some units die from a vector attack, not all are converted... And landing one in the first case is pretty hard without going save-load forever (loading causes an error message but no problems).

Storming Weldyn is so far on my to-complete list. The mages, the lvl 3 haliberds and melee arcane guys are slaughtering my small yet powerful force (couldn't even recall all my lvled up units). I try to convert as many as possible, but still pretty darn hard. You might want to ease up that scenario just a wee bit, preferably by adding some more gold to your main forces magical bank.

Edit: btw, Vector, if failed or successful, causes the user to take damage (even if the target has no ranged attack and the damage is not equal to any attack value in any of the creatures at that moment).
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Seddyrocky wrote:Converting units requiers extreme luck it seems, due to that even if some units die from a vector attack, not all are converted... And landing one in the first case is pretty hard without going save-load forever (loading causes an error message but no problems)
Seddyrocky wrote:Edit: btw, Vector, if failed or successful, causes the user to take damage (even if the target has no ranged attack and the damage is not equal to any attack value in any of the creatures at that moment).
Yeah, it's tricky to balance the Vector attack. Right now, it may be a bit frustrating to use, but it can easily be much too powerful if the chances to hit are higher. The damage taken is intentional, another attempt to keep the attack from being too powerful. I forget the calculation that is done to figure out the amount, but you are right that it is not related to opponent's attack. Maybe it could be altered to only happen if the attack is successful.
Seddyrocky wrote:Storming Weldyn is so far on my to-complete list. The mages, the lvl 3 haliberds and melee arcane guys are slaughtering my small yet powerful force (couldn't even recall all my lvled up units). I try to convert as many as possible, but still pretty darn hard. You might want to ease up that scenario just a wee bit, preferably by adding some more gold to your main forces magical bank.
When I tested it, I was pretty aggressive and possibly lucky. A more patient strategy might not work. I'd tried to hint that getting Echidna within the walls would help, it's hard for me to judge how clear that was.
Seddyrocky

Post by Seddyrocky »

After 3 more attempts, I've now also tested the following strategies:

Luring opponents north with a few converted units (and destroying the southern bridge) and assault the middle before the forces could get back. (Used the puppet elf to slay the southern captain+forces). This failed, the orange troops alone could kill most of my troops and ZoC the leader until the Mage of Light-troops got back and killed the rest.

Luring forces north (destroy bridge and bait again) and then bomb them with the allied elf when they are there. Still, upon invading, the arcane purple troops make short work of my waterloving creatures. And orange sent enough mages to slay anything I managed to convert before I could use it.

All-out attack, using allied bomb on south. Failed almost instantly, they focused my lvl 1 creatures that were ZoC my leader and killed her.

Should be noted that up north, Keldan is holding pretty nicely in all attempts (even leveled up a shaman to a sorceress and almost to an enchantress before two pikemen killed her).

Have you got any tips for me? ^^ And thanks for making such an interesting campaign.

And two questions:

Is vector like swarm, and decreases in power if the user has low hp? It looks like it.

Do I win if Echidna attacks the Great Mage? (Haven't been able to do it so far, so just wondering if it triggers a win or if I have to kill off the remaining leaders, etc.)