1.8 SP Campaign: Trinity 0.0.17

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

adm

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Trinity 0.0.8 (~15-20 scenarios)

Post by adm »

Some feedback

High Lord scenario

- The scenario objectives are incorrect. Ullien-Del reaching the human keep results in defeat. On the other hand it's not necessary to defeat the humans. Capturing Ullien-Del with Echidna is enough to win.

- Something really weird that i have never seen before. I was attacked by an elvish sorceress and the sorceress moved away after attacking me. That should not be possible.

The Cave scenario

- If i recall correctly it was possible to recruit peasants in an earlier version but that is no longer possible. Since all South-Sea humans can cross deep water the "way for the others to cross" that Nemesis mentions is actually no longer needed. It rather helps the dwarfs.

Engine Room scenario

Some typos

- line 192 should be "all accessible parts" if i'm not mistaken.

- line 208 should be "Brutal killers such as yourselves".
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

adm wrote:- The scenario objectives are incorrect. Ullien-Del reaching the human keep results in defeat. On the other hand it's not necessary to defeat the humans. Capturing Ullien-Del with Echidna is enough to win.
OK, I'll change the objectives.
adm wrote:- Something really weird that i have never seen before. I was attacked by an elvish sorceress and the sorceress moved away after attacking me. That should not be possible.
It's because the method used to make them protect the Lord is not very good, but it was what I could come up with at the time. The AI configuration will get an overhaul when possible.
adm wrote:- If i recall correctly it was possible to recruit peasants in an earlier version but that is no longer possible. Since all South-Sea humans can cross deep water the "way for the others to cross" that Nemesis mentions is actually no longer needed. It rather helps the dwarfs.
You are correct. So, that water crossing stuff is a relic and should be removed.

Thanks.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

0.0.9 went to the server. I did not alter many scenarios, except for the ones at the very end. There are still a few more scenarios to be written.

I did update Echidna's data, so she won't crash the campaign with the more recent versions of Archaic_Era.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Ashtero

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Trinity 0.0.9 (~15-20 scenarios)

Post by Ashtero »

It's very strange but in the first Khthon scenario recruted rams are animals, not khthons. And I can't find out where they come from - they absolutely clear are not mainline. :hmm: Is it a bug?
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Trinity 0.0.9 (~15-20 scenarios)

Post by doofus-01 »

Ashtero wrote:rams are animals, not khthons.
I haven't seen that before, I don't think there are rams in mainline either. My guess is that some other add-on with rams is being loaded because the author was sloppy with the preprocessor codes. You could try removing all other add-ons (except Archaic Era) and see if that fixes it. I suppose I should give the khthon more unique IDs.

----------

0.0.10 went to the server. There is one more real scenario, a couple of story scenarios. I still haven't revisited the earlier scenarios, that's why I'm not calling this 0.1.0.
Ashtero

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Trinity 0.0.10 (~15-20 scenarios)

Post by Ashtero »

Yes, it's ram from RPG_Creation_Kit. Sorry, I thought that only parts of addons mentioned in main.cfg would influence campaign.
adm

Post by adm »

The "An encounter" scenario has no victory conditions and therefore can't be won.

At line 32 Haldrad should ask "What are you talking about?"

In "A Choice" line 165 it should be messenger bird.
Ashtero

Post by Ashtero »

Another strange thing occured. When I recall my khthon veteran unit, it appear but it stay in recall list and one another unit dissapear from it. Human and primeval recall lists seems to be ok. During the game (between missions) I changed my versions of trinity and archaic era, so maybe that is the reason.
And I even can't recall my katoblepon-magnum twice because they'll have the same id. :cry:
doofus-01 wrote:So, that water crossing stuff is a relic and should be removed.
I think that it's not good idea because of some peasants and woodsmen that appears from villages in the first scenario.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Ashtero wrote:Another strange thing occured. When I recall my khthon veteran unit, it appear but it stay in recall list and one another unit dissapear from it. Human and primeval recall lists seems to be ok. During the game (between missions) I changed my versions of trinity and archaic era, so maybe that is the reason.
It's possible that changing versions would do that, I guess, but it does sound strange. If the recall menu is grabbing the wrong unit, that sounds like it might be an engine bug. If you have a screenshot or save file, that would be helpful.
Ashtero wrote:I think that it's not good idea because of some peasants and woodsmen that appears from villages in the first scenario.
There are a few woodsmen from the first scenario, but I'm not sure that is a good reason to leave it there. We'll see.
adm wrote:The "An encounter" scenario has no victory conditions and therefore can't be won.
They may not be working like I intended, but they do exist. How did you determine that it can't be won?
adm wrote:At line 32 Haldrad should ask "What are you talking about?"
In "A Choice" line 165 it should be messenger bird.
Thanks.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Ashtero wrote:Yes, it's ram from RPG_Creation_Kit. Sorry, I thought that only parts of addons mentioned in main.cfg would influence campaign.
It is supposed to work that way, but it looks like RPG_Creation_Kit has a bug so it always gets loaded.

(Double post because edit makes it hard to quote someone.)
Ashtero

Post by Ashtero »

doofus-01 wrote:There are a few woodsmen from the first scenario, but I'm not sure that is a good reason to leave it there. We'll see.
Well, I leveled them into archers and trappers because of lack of ranged pierce damage. So I think they can be usefull.
doofus-01 wrote: It's possible that changing versions would do that, I guess, but it does sound strange. If the recall menu is grabbing the wrong unit, that sounds like it might be an engine bug. If you have a screenshot or save file, that would be helpful.
Here they are:
Attachments
after_recalling.gz
(82.21 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
Before_recalling.gz
(82.34 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
adm

Post by adm »

Dwarfs have a 20% resistance against pierce attacks so i don't see how trappers/archers can be of much use. In my case the dwarfs crossed the water and started to take away all my villages. And even with the water crossing stuff gone you can still use them to fight the first dwarf leader.

Well, when i started the scenario the box with the victory conditions was empty. Since i didn't wanna play a scenario that can't be won i used the debug mode to get to the "go here" icon more quickly. When i moved Haldrad on the "go here" icon nothing happened so i assumed that the scenario can't be won. Now, after i played a few more turns i know that this isn't the case.
But i found another bug along the way. The conversation that takes place before the new victory conditions are displayed is triggered every single turn.
Ashtero

Post by Ashtero »

adm wrote:Dwarfs have a 20% resistance against pierce attacks so i don't see how trappers/archers can be of much use. In my case the dwarfs crossed the water and started to take away all my villages. And even with the water crossing stuff gone you can still use them to fight the first dwarf leader.
Maybe there should be option: to create bridge or not?

Also level 3 Ponche has only 30% defence on shallow water. Is it a bug?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks, I'll look at the savefiles.
adm wrote:Well, when i started the scenario the box with the victory conditions was empty.
It looks like I did accidentally make the victory condition a defeat condition, so it would have been the wrong colour. But it shouldn't have been empty. I'll look into it.
adm wrote:The conversation that takes place before the new victory conditions are displayed is triggered every single turn.
I haven't tested this, but I think this can be fixed by adding the following to line 964:

Code: Select all

y=1
        image="items/gohere.png"
        [/item]
                [set_variable]                           <--------------add
                name=weldyn_here                        <--------------these
                add=1                                     <--------------four
                [/set_variable]                           <--------------lines
		[/then]
	    [/if]
	[/event]
and change the current line 977 to

Code: Select all

numerical_equals=3
Ashtero wrote:Also level 3 Ponche has only 30% defence on shallow water. Is it a bug?
Could be, I've changed his movement etc. a few times and may have forgotten something.
Ashtero

Post by Ashtero »

The time limit of the Onslaught is only 2 turns.