1.8 SP Campaign: Trinity 0.0.17

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Trinity 0.0.17

Post by doofus-01 »

Seddyrocky wrote:Have you got any tips for me?
It sounds like you have the right idea. I recall the level 2 & 3 yak units being very helpful in distracting the southern leader, as long as they stay near the water and don't get surrounded.
Seddyrocky wrote:Is vector like swarm, and decreases in power if the user has low hp? It looks like it.
Yes, it decreases in power. I think there may be a bug in it though, the values don't always make sense.
Seddyrocky wrote:Do I win if Echidna attacks the Great Mage?
I don't remember. If it isn't clear from the Objectives, I should edit those in the next update.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Seddyrocky

Post by Seddyrocky »

Trying it again, it is an awesome campaign afterall ^^

I asked becuase that in an earlier scenario I had to continue to play after Echidna attacked her target (which I hadn't planned on :P)

So, wondering if attacking the mage will finish or if I still needed to kill the south/northeast leader (whichever one was left after the elfbomb). But I guess I'll have to find out.

I just realised that the vector attack doesn't need to be the killing blow, it instantly kills... Wow, now I get why you need to balance with the low hit%, even though removing the damage taken upon a miss could be removed (locial to loose energy/take damage upon a possession, but if it misses, the energy should go back to yourself). I got extremly lucky and got a knight with this when I misclicked. This does make the whole campaign a bit easier, even if it is still very difficult to land a hit, at least it doesn't have the plauge mechanics.

Edit: So much easier, that I've now managed to finish the scenario. I killed the southern leader with a converted knight, so I guess I'll never know if I had to do it.
lostnumber

Post by lostnumber »

Any ETA on when Trinity will be availible in 1.9? I'd like to see how far you've progressed on it since the last time I gave it a try, but I dont feel like maintaining two installs of Wesnoth
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Not sure. Maybe this weekend, but I can't promise anything.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

I am having difficulties understanding what to do in Finale.

I am in the last room, and got people over the two markers. When I now place one of the Heros (such as Dedrus) into the centre he is turned into a red ring of some sorts that I cannot move, nor can anyone actually pick up and move out. Hence, the centre of the circle is blocked/not accessible.

What do I do?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Looking at the WML, it appears the junk should be cleared whenever someone from side 1 or 3 is adjacent. It used to work, but it is possible there is a bug. If moving someone adjacent does not clear the junk, post the save-file and I may be able to fix it.
Tinandir

Post by Tinandir »

First of all thank you for developing Trinity (and of course thanks for BMR I-III).
I have a serious problem at the Engine room scenario. Victory: Clear out the engine room. But when I eliminate the last enemy unit nothing happens. Or before that: should not the scenario ends when the second enemy leader dies? So I am stuck. How can I get to the next scenario?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Are you sure there is not some guy hiding in a corner somewhere? Check the status table in one of the drop-down menus to be sure there are no more enemy units (you might need to be in debug mode to see that, I don't remember).
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

In Storming of Weldyn do you mind giving some hints at the minimum amounts of gold you should have? I struggle on this one.

My tactic has been to
Spoiler:
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I think I had something like 500g. It is a tough scenario, but if you can get Echidna over the wall early, then retreat back after the high-lord does his thing, and assault again when Keldan has more forces, that might help. To get her over the wall, I recruited many horses and a few wolves for distracting the AI, and sent them along the east wall. Echidna and a couple of higher level beasts, such as the leveled-up yaks and rams, went along the south. You don't really need to be able to defeat anyone, you just need to get close to the elf and then run back to safety.

Also, you can break the bridge that is near Echidna's starting position by placing a unit on it. I added the bridge-breaking event (I don't remember when) because I thought it made this scenario easier.

(If you're in the 1.9 version, could you post in that one's thread instead? There are enough differences between the two that it gets confusing if they are mushed together here.)
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

doofus-01 wrote:
(If you're in the 1.9 version, could you post in that one's thread instead? There are enough differences between the two that it gets confusing if they are mushed together here.)
sorry my bad! Will do.
Tinandir

Post by Tinandir »

doofus-01 wrote:Are you sure there is not some guy hiding in a corner somewhere? Check the status table in one of the drop-down menus to be sure there are no more enemy units (you might need to be in debug mode to see that, I don't remember).
Well... I retried the Engine Room map, and I killed the dwarf leader last. Maybe that was the clue.
Miksu

Post by Miksu »

On rebirth scenario, I wiped out Lliena and Keidan, but I am not winning the scenario nor see the "Echinda" guy/girl, whoever s/he is...

Any ideas...
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

That scenario was problematic, I'd like to think the 1.9 version is not so bad. Three things come to mind, in no particular order:

1. There is an AI elf ranger that ran off into the woods, and you need to kill all elves to win.
2. You killed Keldan before Liena
3. You killed Liena without attacking her with your leader.

That's what I got, hope it helps. I haven't looked at BfW 1.8 in a long time.
Faliax

Post by Faliax »

RAAAAAAAAAAH
I AM GETTING COMPLETLY INSANE
I am in the level rebirth and i can't get through. The first 3 times i just did the goal. Then i came to this forum and saw that someone send a savefile i opened it and played it and now. IT IS BUGGED i killed the healer elf with leggon and then it is the meaning that you become the healer elve BUT LEGGON JUST TELEPORTED TO THE PLACE OF THE HEALER ELVE AND STAYED LEGGON. Now cuz i got so completly insane i have cheated my some units cuz i already did it 3 times. Can this have something to do with it? Plz help i am really getting insane :augh: