1.12 SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SkyOne

Re: 1.6.x SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Post by SkyOne »

Anonymissimus wrote:I'm through with the campaign. That was the first drake campaign I've ever played.
Thanks Anonymissimus.:smile: My first try of UMC was MadMax's Flight_Freedom. Since then (I mean that is a great campaign), I had been thinking to create a drake campaign; however, creating a story was kind of hard for drakes, so it had taken a while. That is probably the reason why many drake campaigns are not existed in Wesnoth.
Anonymissimus wrote: -in the last scenario, make it clear to the player that he needs to kill the death knight during the first turns since he won't get a keep (unless you've already done that)
Oh, on my set-up, killing the merman outcast is the first to take over a keep. I have never even tested to kill Death Knight first, yet. Could you tell me how it was? Wasn't it too difficult?
Anonymissimus wrote:when actually moving Melphine next to Eagi-Nyss, nothing happens, although the objectives are fulfilled. (This can only be achieved if you know before that you will be required to do this, and that Melphine starts at Kasii's location )
That is right! Actually, nothing is happen even Mélphine moves next to Eagi-Nyess, but shhhhh! That is why I put Eagi-Nyess far away from the party to make it impossible. Wasn't it possible, was it?
Anonymissimus wrote:-IIRC there's something wrong with Kasii's arcane attack animation
Oh, yes! something wrong on it. Once, it works correctly, then another time, not. I will check it out. Thanks for telling it.
Anonymissimus wrote:-the ellipses of Eagi-Nyss and the wose are level 0 ellipses in the epilog
I thought that nobody mentioned the code on epilogue, but yes. I have not done them for epilogue. Wyngilla still has canrecruit=yes on the scenario. I will probably change it to Eagi-Nyess on the next edition.
Anonymissimus wrote:What your campaign probably needs most is correction of grammar. English is foreign for me, but, for example, "escape <some unit>" simply sounds wrong. Use "Rescue <some unit>".
Uh! You must be right. English grammar is probably the worst part of this campaign. If anyone helps that part, I would really appreciate it. My order for this campaign is the coding, the art-work, then the dialogue. I'm still working on Drake Sword/Battler sprites which need fourteen minimum icons each. After that, I have to move to Drake Lord unit. Wesnoth never give me a break.:smile:
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

SkyOne wrote:however, creating a story was kind of hard for drakes, so it had taken a while. That is probably the reason why many drake campaigns are not existed in Wesnoth.
Why do you think creating a story is harder for drakes than for other factions ? I'd say it is always hard, no matter which units are in the campaign...
SkyOne wrote:
Anonymissimus wrote: -in the last scenario, make it clear to the player that he needs to kill the death knight during the first turns since he won't get a keep (unless you've already done that)
Oh, on my set-up, killing the merman outcast is the first to take over a keep. I have never even tested to kill Death Knight first, yet. Could you tell me how it was? Wasn't it too difficult?
There's no merman outcast, unless you've added it since then. campaign version 0.1.3
There were only two keeps at all (Skeletal Dragon and Death Knight)
It was medium-difficulty for an experienced player I'd say. I moved all of the starting units towards the Death Knight im my first turn, so that all of them could reach him in my next turn. Time of day was to my advantage then (morning). Attacks from 2 of the units are very likely to kill the Death Knight then. He's attackable from three hexes. The Armageddon Drake, Kasii and Melphine do such a lot of damage. The Armageddon Drake can even kill him alone in best case. After his death, I moved Wyngylla onto the free keep, could even kill one of the recruited skeletons and recall one of my powerful units. The remaining 3 skeletons, hampered by ZoC and sand, were no thread for my powerful units in the sunlight - Melphine and Kasii shielded behind the others, and the dragon's units were still far away.
SkyOne wrote:
Anonymissimus wrote:when actually moving Melphine next to Eagi-Nyss, nothing happens, although the objectives are fulfilled. (This can only be achieved if you know before that you will be required to do this, and that Melphine starts at Kasii's location )
That is right! Actually, nothing is happen even Mélphine moves next to Eagi-Nyess, but shhhhh! That is why I put Eagi-Nyess far away from the party to make it impossible. Wasn't it possible, was it?
If there's a bug, don't expect me to not find it. :lol:
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Sneezy

Post by Sneezy »

Hi SkyOne-- I played version 0.2.4 on NORMAL using BfW 1.6.2 running on win2k SP4.
The campaign was very enjoyable; story was good, and the scenarios tied together nicely.
No major problems, other than a few blunders that I'll avoid the next time.

As others have mentioned, the English could stand some improvement.
Below you'll find some suggestions for the first two scenarios.
Let me know if you'd like me to do something similar for the rest of the scenarios.
That would take a day or two to do, and I could post them here, or send them direct to you.
Kudos for a good job!
--sneezy

**** mild spoilers ahead ****

================================

FILE.... 01_Faith_Island.cfg

id=Orofarnie
message= _ "Hmmm...cold! Something is coming."

id=Xopkne
message= _ "Haha! We will take over here, today!"

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "They come again? I told you that you cannot take here! My bravers, be ready!"
SUGGESTED: "You Nagas again? I told you not to come here! My braves, be ready!"

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "Do not even think about taking over here anymore! How many times have you lost? And have you ever taken here?"
SUGGESTED: "Do not even think about coming here anymore! You have lost every time. Have you ever defeated us?"

id=Xopkne
message= _ "Well, we have never done yet, but it will be happened today because we have a company with us...haha..."
SUGGESTED: "Well, never yet... but it will happen today because we have a friend with us... haha..."
#### you could also use: an ally, a partner a helper

id=Nyul
message= _ "...Naga...friend..."

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "Good try! Let's see what is going to be."
SUGGESTED: "No matter! My brave drakes will defeat you anyway."

speaker=unit
message= _ "Aaaack... It should not be happen!"
SUGGESTED: "Aaaack... This should not be happening!"

speaker=unit
message= _ "Aaaack... I am not going to talk to birds anymore."

speaker=unit
message= _ "Aaaack... We lost again..."

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "Hm, that was what I meant."
SUGGESTED: "Yes, as I told you."

speaker=unit
message= _ "We spend too much time. It is over."
SUGGESTED: "We have taken too much time. It is over."

=======================================

FILE.... 02_Unexpected_Visitor.cfg

id=Orofarnie
message= _ "Uuuh, cold! Terribly cold! This is not ordinary, Something huge power is coming. Scare!"
SUGGESTED: "Uuuh... Cold! Terribly cold! This is not ordinary... Something powerful is coming. Powerful and frightening!"

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "Nagas come again, Orofarnië? Not to worry about them. We can defeat them all as usual."
SUGGESTED: "Nagas again, Orofarnië? Do not worry about them. We will defeat them once again."

id=Orofarnie
message= _ "Noooo, not nagas. Something has never come."
SUGGESTED: "Noooo, not nagas. Something awful, that has never come before."

id=Yomi
message= _ "Hahahaha, it has taken for a while since my lord commanded to find here. Today is the last day for big lizards"
SUGGESTED: "Aha! It has taken a long time to find this island, as my lord commanded, but today is the last day for the big lizards!"

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "What heck are you? Whoever you are, this is our home, not yours."
SUGGESTED: "What the heck are you? Whoever you are, this is our home, not yours. Be gone!"

speaker=narrator
message= _ "This well provides the drakes the cleanest water in the island."

id=Yomi
message= _ "Hahahaha, you do not know how much power I have. It is time to end up the battle, hahahaha... Haaaah!"
SUGGESTED: "Lizards, you have no idea how much power I have. It is time to show you just how weak you are... hahahaha... Haaaah!"

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "Uuuh, what did you do...? We don't lose this battle even you use strange magic...uuuh."
SUGGESTED: "Uuuh, what did you do...? We'll never surrender, even if this strange magic completely destroys us... uuuh."

id=Yomi
message= _ "Hohow! Like the great worrier that you are. I cannot control your sprits, but what can you do with those bodies? Hahaha, you look good!"
SUGGESTED: "Never surrender? How can you resist? I cannot control your spirits, but what
can you do with those bodies? Actually, they look good!"

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "Ugg! I cannot even recruit my men."
SUGGESTED: "Ugg! This is awful! I cannot even recruit my men."

speaker=narrator
message= _ "At that time, the best unit of the Faith Island, under Wyngilla, had just come back from another combat."
SUGGESTED: "Moments later, a group of Faith Island's bravest drakes, led by Wyngilla,
arrived home from another mission."

id=Wyngilla
message= _ "Sir! we just get back... What! What is going on our home?"
SUGGESTED: "Sir! we just arrived back... What? What! What is happening here?"

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "Oh, Wyngilla and Kasii! We have been attacked by those foes, and that guy has made us like these."
SUGGESTED: "Wyngilla! Kasii! It's good you're home. We were attacked by these... things...
and they have used magic to make us shrivel up like this."

id=Wyngilla
message= _ "Not to worry, Sir! We will take care of them."

id=Yomi
message= _ "Hahaha, still some lizards left. At this time, I will take your sprits, too... Haaack!"
SUGGESTED: "Hmmm, still some lizards left. This time, I'll take their spirits, too... Haaack!"

id=Kasii
message= _ "Don't look at him, everyone! That is one of the worst undead arts!"
SUGGESTED: "Undead! Don't look at him, everyone! It is one of their worst tricks!"

id=Yomi
message= _ "Uh!... How do you know it. It should not be known by lizards."
SUGGESTED: "Oh!... How do you know that? Lizards shouldn't know that."

id=Kasii
message= _ "You think we are just lizards? We have battled more than hundred times. So those experiences are not wasted! You had better prepare to be vanished."
SUGGESTED: "Lizards? Brave drake warriors have battled more than a hundred times. And we have learned something each time. So prepare to be vanquished."

speaker=narrator
message= _ "Caution: Drake Fighter will not be able to be recruited after this scenario."
SUGGESTED: "Caution: Drake Fighters can not be recruited after this scenario."

speaker=unit
message= _ "Aaaack... This is the end of our island."

speaker=unit

speaker=unit
message= _ "Aaaack... I don't believe we lost against lizards, My Lord..."

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "Your Lord? Who is that?...uuuh."

id=Wyngilla
message= _ "Are you okay, Sir?"

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "Well, not really. I don't feel I am alive. Kasii!, can you make us back?"
SUGGESTED: "No, not really. I don't feel like I am alive. Kasii!, can you heal us?"

id=Kasii
message= _ "I am afraid not, Sir, but I have hard that one of dwarf's potions, called the spiritual holy water, at in-land will probably make everyone back to normals, Sir!"
SUGGESTED: "I am afraid not, Sir. But I have heard that dwarves, who live far in-land, have a potion, called spiritual holy water, that might put everyone back to normal."

id=Orofarnie
message= _ "Inland is danger. orcs, trolls, and bandits, any different kinds of enemies are existed. Birds always tell me."
SUGGESTED: "Inland is danger. Orcs, trolls, bandits, many different kinds of enemies exist
there. Birds always say so."

id=Eagi=Nyess
message= _ "Orofarnië is right. I do not make my men into troubles. Wyngilla, you should take care this island. I do not think I could stand longer anymore."
SUGGESTED: "Orofarnië is right. I cannot send our people into such danger. Wyngilla, you should take care the island. I think I am wasting away..."

id=Wyngilla
message= _ "I am afraid no, Sir! As long as there are any possibilities, I obligate to make everyone back, Sir!"
SUGGESTED: "But I'm not afraid of danger, Sir! If such a potion exists, I pledge to find it and bring it back to heal you and everyone!"

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "Indeed. But don't do overwork, Wyngilla. You are the last man to be heir of ours."
SUGGESTED: "You are brave, Wyngilla, but please be cautious. Many hope that you will one day become the leader of our island."

id=Wyngilla
message= _ "Thank you, Sir!
Kasii! can you come with me? I need your knowledge to find the potion."
SUGGESTED: "Thank you, Sir! We will take care. Kasii! can you come with me? I need your knowledge to find the potion."

id=Kasii
message= _ "If you go, of course, I will."
SUGGESTED: "Of course. You can't face such danger alone."

id=Angiddon
message= _ "I will go with you, my master."
SUGGESTED: "Please let me come along too, Wyngilla."

id=Wyngilla
message= _ "All right! We leave some soldiers to guard here, Sir."
SUGGESTED: "All right! We leave immediately. And other strong fighters will remain here, to guard all of you, Sir."

speaker=unit

======================================
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Sneezy wrote:Hi SkyOne-- I played version 0.2.4 on NORMAL using BfW 1.6.2 running on win2k SP4.
The campaign was very enjoyable; story was good, and the scenarios tied together nicely.
No major problems, other than a few blunders that I'll avoid the next time.
Thanks, Sneezy. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy this campaign. After publishing Fate of a Princess, I still had a little story left in my mind. I planed to add it as the part three of that campaign, but it makes the campaign possibly too long, and I wanted to create a drake campaign anyway. So I decided to create Brave Wings as an independent drake campaign. The concept of creating Brave Wings was that the campaign is not too short, but not too long, and easy to understand the story.
Sneezy wrote:As others have mentioned, the English could stand some improvement.
Below you'll find some suggestions for the first two scenarios.
Let me know if you'd like me to do something similar for the rest of the scenarios.
That would take a day or two to do, and I could post them here, or send them direct to you.
Kudos for a good job!
--sneezy
Thank you! I really appreciate your offer. These are real English. Mine is look like English.:smile: If you do not mind, please, continue to correct them. You can post here, PM me, or you can even post a new subject on the Writer's Forum. I mean any ways will be very welcome for me. I start working with them from tonight, but you can take your time, not have to rush. Then I will put your name on the credit list on the main file if you do not mind.

again, thank you so much.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Sneezy

Post by Sneezy »

SkyOne-- I'm happy to help. I'll continue to put them up here, so people can look the suggestions over, and perhaps offer their thoughts.
I realized that my little script ought to pull out the story pieces also, so here's one further suggestion for scenario 2:

story= _ "This was just as usual. Drakes and Nagas always battled on or near the island at that time. However, today was going to be different. Their visitor was not expected at all."
SUGGESTED: "Such battles were not unusual. Drakes and Nagas often battled on or near the island. Today, however, was going to be different. Their visitor would be most unusual..."

I'll post a couple of scenarios every day or two.
--sneezy
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Sneezy wrote:I'm happy to help. I'll continue to put them up here, so people can look the suggestions over, and perhaps offer their thoughts.
Thank you, Sneezy. Sure! It is obviously a part of scenario & campaign developments.
Sneezy wrote:I realized that my little script ought to pull out the story pieces also,
Yes! during installing your suggested lines last night, I realized it also. For example:
id=Wyngilla
SUGGESTED: "All right! We leave immediately. And other strong fighters will remain here, to guard all of you, Sir."
This makes clearer for the players why Drake Fighters are not recruitable after this scenario than one I used to write. I also realized how nice your lines are. They are like real writer's one.

I really appreciate it.:smile:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: A bug has been found. The animations of the storm ball does not show. In a few days, I will update the fixed version with new variations of Drake Fighter line.

thanks
Sneezy

Post by Sneezy »

Hi SkyOne-- here are scenarios 3 and 4. --sneezy

===================================

FILE.... 03_Naga_Land.cfg

story= _ "Even though the timely return of Wyngilla, Kasii, and their soldiers allowed the victory against the undead lord, they had to leave the island quickly to make everyone back to normal finding dwarves's potion. Going to the in-land, they had to pass through in front of Naga's territory."
SUGGESTED: "The timely return of Wyngilla, Kasii, and their fellow drakes brought victory against the undead lord. Now, to restore Faith Island's inhabitants to normal, a small party was headed in-land to search for spiritual holy water. And on the way..."
#### the sentence about "Naga territory" was redundant with Wyngilla below

id=Wyngilla
message= _ "Here is Nagas's territory, but we have to go to in-land directly."
SUGGESTED: "This is Naga territory, but we have to pass through here to reach the land."

id=Kasii
message= _ "That's right. I hope their guards don't know we are here."
SUGGESTED: "Yes, there is no way to avoid it. I hope their guards don't discover us."

speaker=narrator
message= _ "...help..."

id=Wyngilla
message= _ "What? Did you here anything, Kasii?"
SUGGESTED: "What? Did you hear something, Kasii?"

id=Kasii
message= _ "Not really. We don't have to worry about it anyway."
SUGGESTED: "I don't think so. Perhaps it was just the wind and the waves."

speaker=narrator
message= _ "...help...somebody help me..."

id=Wyngilla
message= _ "Now, I am sure. We cannot ignore that somebody needs help."
SUGGESTED: "Now, I am sure. We cannot ignore someone that needs our help."

speaker=narrator
message= _ "This magical ball allows the eater to shoot lightning bolts at the enemies."
SUGGESTED: "This magic orb allows the owner to shoot lightning bolts at enemies."

speaker=unit
message= _ "May I have this magical weapon?"

description=_"Storm Ball gives the eater a new range attack."
SUGGESTED: "Storm Ball gives the owner a new range attack."

id=Kasii
message= _ "Oh, it is Storm Ball! What a marvel! That is Naga's legend."
SUGGESTED: "Ooo! It is Storm Ball! What a marvel! It is a Naga legend."

id=Melphine
message= _ "Thank you, Mr. Drakes! I was almost eaten by them."
SUGGESTED: "Thank you, friendly Drakes! I was almost eaten by them."

id=Wyngilla
message= _ "Good! You should go back to your place as soon as possible. Here is dangerous."
SUGGESTED: "We are honored to help. Now, you should go back to your home. It is too dangerous here."

id=Melphine
message= _ "No... You save my life, so I like to do something for you. You don't eat me, do you?"
SUGGESTED: "No... You saved my life, so I would like to do something for you. You won't eat me, will you?"

id=Kasii
message= _ "No, we don't eat mermaids."

id=Wyngilla
message= _ "All right, but you have to stick with me."
SUGGESTED: "You are welcome to join us, but please stay close to me."

id=Wyngilla
message= _ "Good! You should go back to your place as soon as possible. Here is dangerous."
SUGGESTED: "We are honored to help. Now, you should go back to your home. It is too dangerous here."

id=Melphine
message= _ "No... You save my life, so I like to do something for you. You don't eat me, do you?"
SUGGESTED: "No... You saved my life, so I would like to do something for you. You won't eat me, will you?"

id=Kasii
message= _ "No, we don't eat mermaids."

id=Wyngilla
message= _ "All right, but you have to stick with me. Nagas do not come to Faith Island at least for a while then."
SUGGESTED: "You are welcome to join us, but please stay close to me. This victory will keep Nagas away from Faith Island, at least for a while."

id=Oxpeii
message= _ "Drakes? Why you come here? You have enough land yourself. Hm, but you save me in trouble to attack you."
SUGGESTED: "Drakes? Why are you here? You have enough land already. Hmmm... but you do save me a long journey to destroy you."

speaker=unit
message= _ "Aaaargh..."

id=Wyngilla
message= _ "All right! Nagas do not come to Faith Island at least for a while then."
SUGGESTED: "An honorable victory! One that will keep Nagas away from Faith Island, at least for a while."

===============================================

FILE.... 04_Landing.cfg

story= _ "After escaping a company, Wyngilla and his followers were able to reach the west coast of the continent; however, their small-sized relatives were having a trouble with monsters. Because of the personality of drakes, they were not able to ignore to help them."
SUGGESTED: "With the Naga problem neutralized, Wyngilla and his followers were able to reach the west coast of the continent. There, they found some distant relatives in great trouble. And being drakes, they were bound by honor to help..."

id=Naxiszy
message= _ "Get out! Go away from my territory!"
SUGGESTED: "You Trollsssss! Out! Away from my territory!"

id=Zuug
message= _ "Well, no! We need more space."
SUGGESTED: "No! Trolls need more land. Come here. Take!"

id=Kasii
message= _ "Oh, it seems our relatives having trouble with trolls. We cannot ignore it, right, Wyngilla?"
SUGGESTED: "Wyngilla, our saurian relatives are having trouble with trolls. Surely we cannot ignore that."

id=Wyngilla
message= _ "Of course, Kasii. We have to go through here anyway. Mélphine! make sure to stick with me."
SUGGESTED: "I agree, Kasii. Since we are here, we must lend a hand. Mélphine! There will be danger; be sure to stay close to me."

speaker=unit
message= _ "Gaaargh..."

id=Wyngilla
message= _ "All right! One more on another side of the river!"
SUGGESTED: "Onward, drakes! One more, on the other side of the river!"

id=Naxiszy
message= _ "Ttthanks, big relatives. Trolls come down here once a while lately to make their territory wider. Why you came to here anyway?"
SUGGESTED: "Ttthanksss, big relatives. Trolls come here sometimes for land. Why you come here?"

id=Kasii
message= _ "Well, it is a long story to tell, but we are looking for a rune dwarf, named Montas. Have you hard him?"
SUGGESTED: "Well, it is a long story, but we are searching for a rune dwarf, named Montas. Have you heard of him?"

id=Naxiszy
message= _ "Ah..., yes, I have hard something like that name. He is probably east of here, south of the Misty Forest. Would you like to take some of my men?"
SUGGESTED: "Ah... yessss... I have heard that name. He is probably east of here, south of the Misty Forest. Would you like some of my braves to guide you?"

id=Wyngilla
message= _ "We appreciate your offer, but no thanks. You will need more men when Trolls come again. All right, go east everyone!"
SUGGESTED: "We appreciate your offer, but no thanks. You will need those braves when Trolls come again. Drakes! Let's go further east!"

Zarel

Post by Zarel »

SUGGESTED: "Now, I am sure. We cannot ignore someone that needs our help."
Grammar nitpick: That should be "someone whom needs our help", or if you don't want to sound as pretentious, at least "someone who needs our help"
"Storm Ball gives the owner a new range attack."
No need to stay that true to the source material; any rare item with "ball" in its name would be laughed at. Rename it to "Storm Orb". And it should be either "The Storm Orb" or "A Storm Orb", depending on uniqueness.

The next sentence should also probably be adjusted to be more precise:

"Ooo! It is the Storm Orb! What a marvel! Naga legend speaks of such an artifact."
"Ooo! It is a Storm Orb! What a marvel! Such artifacts are the stuff of Naga legends."

You know what? I'm going to just offer my own suggestions at adjusting the writing.

================================

FILE.... 01_Faith_Island.cfg

id=Orofarnie
message= _ "Hmmm...cold! Something is coming."
ZAREL SUGGESTS: "Hmm... it's cold. Something is coming."

id=Xopkne
message= _ "Haha! We will take over here, today!"
ZAREL SUGGESTS: "Hah! Attack! Today, we shall take this land as ours!"

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "They come again? I told you that you cannot take here! My bravers, be ready!"
SUGGESTED: "You Nagas again? I told you not to come here! My braves, be ready!"
ZAREL SUGGESTS: "You Nagas again? I told you to stay away! Guards, get ready to defend!"

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "Do not even think about taking over here anymore! How many times have you lost? And have you ever taken here?"
SUGGESTED: "Do not even think about coming here anymore! You have lost every time. Have you ever defeated us?"
ZAREL SUGGESTS: "Why do you persist in attacking us? You have not succeeded before; why do you believe you ever will?"

id=Xopkne
message= _ "Well, we have never done yet, but it will be happened today because we have a company with us...haha..."
SUGGESTED: "Well, never yet... but it will happen today because we have a friend with us... haha..."
ZAREL SUGGESTS: "We may not have defeated you yet, but today we have an ally with us... Ahahahaha..."

#### you could also use: an ally, a partner a helper

id=Nyul
message= _ "...Naga...friend..."

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "Good try! Let's see what is going to be."
SUGGESTED: "No matter! My brave drakes will defeat you anyway."
ZAREL SUGGESTS: "You think that will be able to stop the might of the drakes?"

speaker=unit
message= _ "Aaaack... It should not be happen!"
SUGGESTED: "Aaaack... This should not be happening!"

speaker=unit

speaker=unit
message= _ "Aaaack... We lost again..."

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "Hm, that was what I meant."
SUGGESTED: "Yes, as I told you."
ZAREL SUGGESTS: "Yes, as I predicted."

speaker=unit
ZAREL SUGGESTS: "We have taken too much time here."

FILE.... 02_Unexpected_Visitor.cfg

id=Orofarnie
message= _ "Uuuh, cold! Terribly cold! This is not ordinary, Something huge power is coming. Scare!"
SUGGESTED: "Uuuh... Cold! Terribly cold! This is not ordinary... Something powerful is coming. Powerful and frightening!"
ZAREL SUGGESTS: "Ugh... It's cold! Terribly cold! This is not ordinary... Something powerful is coming."

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "Nagas come again, Orofarnië? Not to worry about them. We can defeat them all as usual."
SUGGESTED: "Nagas again, Orofarnië? Do not worry about them. We will defeat them once again."
ZAREL SUGGESTS: "Nagas again, Orofarnië? Do not worry about them. They have never defeated us."

id=Orofarnie
message= _ "Noooo, not nagas. Something has never come."
SUGGESTED: "Noooo, not nagas. Something awful, that has never come before."
ZAREL: "No, not nagas. Something worse. Something that has never come before."

id=Yomi
message= _ "Hahahaha, it has taken for a while since my lord commanded to find here. Today is the last day for big lizards"
SUGGESTED: "Aha! It has taken a long time to find this island, as my lord commanded, but today is the last day for the big lizards!"
ZAREL SUGGESTS: "Aha! Since my lord commanded me to find this island, it has taken me a long time, but today is the last day for you big lizards!"

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "What heck are you? Whoever you are, this is our home, not yours."
SUGGESTED: "What the heck are you? Whoever you are, this is our home, not yours. Be gone!"

speaker=narrator
message= _ "This well provides the drakes the cleanest water in the island."

id=Yomi
message= _ "Hahahaha, you do not know how much power I have. It is time to end up the battle, hahahaha... Haaaah!"
SUGGESTED: "Lizards, you have no idea how much power I have. It is time to show you just how weak you are... hahahaha... Haaaah!"
ZAREL SUGGESTS: "Lizards, you have no idea how much power I have. It is time to show you just how weak you are... hahahaha..."

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "Uuuh, what did you do...? We don't lose this battle even you use strange magic...uuuh."
SUGGESTED: "Uuuh, what did you do...? We'll never surrender, even if this strange magic completely destroys us... uuuh."
ZAREL SUGGESTS: "Ugh, what did you do...? No matter, we'll defeat you no matter what kind of strange magic you use... ugh..."

id=Yomi
message= _ "Hohow! Like the great worrier that you are. I cannot control your sprits, but what can you do with those bodies? Hahaha, you look good!"
SUGGESTED: "Never surrender? How can you resist? I cannot control your spirits, but what can you do with those bodies? Actually, they look good!"
ZAREL SUGGESTS: "Hah! You think you can defeat me? I may not be able to control your spirits, but what can you do with bodies like that?"

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "Ugg! I cannot even recruit my men."
SUGGESTED: "Ugg! This is awful! I cannot even recruit my men."
ZAREL SUGGESTS: "This is horrible! I cannot even recruit my men."

speaker=narrator
message= _ "At that time, the best unit of the Faith Island, under Wyngilla, had just come back from another combat."
SUGGESTED: "Moments later, a group of Faith Island's bravest drakes, led by Wyngilla, arrived home from another mission."

id=Wyngilla
message= _ "Sir! we just get back... What! What is going on our home?"
SUGGESTED: "Sir! we just arrived back... What? What! What is happening here?"

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "Oh, Wyngilla and Kasii! We have been attacked by those foes, and that guy has made us like these."
SUGGESTED: "Wyngilla! Kasii! It's good you're home. We were attacked by these... things... and they have used magic to make us shrivel up like this."

id=Wyngilla
message= _ "Not to worry, Sir! We will take care of them."

id=Yomi
message= _ "Hahaha, still some lizards left. At this time, I will take your sprits, too... Haaack!"
SUGGESTED: "Hmmm, still some lizards left. This time, I'll take their spirits, too... Haaack!"

id=Kasii
message= _ "Don't look at him, everyone! That is one of the worst undead arts!"
SUGGESTED: "Undead! Don't look at him, everyone! It is one of their worst tricks!"

id=Yomi
message= _ "Uh!... How do you know it. It should not be known by lizards."
SUGGESTED: "Oh!... How do you know that? Lizards shouldn't know that."

id=Kasii
message= _ "You think we are just lizards? We have battled more than hundred times. So those experiences are not wasted! You had better prepare to be vanished."
SUGGESTED: "Lizards? Brave drake warriors have battled more than a hundred times. And we have learned something each time. So prepare to be vanquished."
ZAREL SUGGESTS: "Lizards? We are brave drake warriors who have fought hundreds of battles. There is nothing we have not experienced. Prepare to be vanquished."

speaker=narrator
message= _ "Caution: Drake Fighter will not be able to be recruited after this scenario."
SUGGESTED: "Caution: Drake Fighters can not be recruited after this scenario."
ZAREL SUGGESTS: "Caution: Drake Fighters cannot be recruited after this scenario."

speaker=unit
message= _ "Aaaack... This is the end of our island."

speaker=unit

speaker=unit
message= _ "Aaaack... I don't believe we lost against lizards, My Lord..."

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "Your Lord? Who is that?...uuuh."

id=Wyngilla
message= _ "Are you okay, Sir?"

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "Well, not really. I don't feel I am alive. Kasii!, can you make us back?"
SUGGESTED: "No, not really. I don't feel like I am alive. Kasii!, can you heal us?"

id=Kasii
message= _ "I am afraid not, Sir, but I have hard that one of dwarf's potions, called the spiritual holy water, at in-land will probably make everyone back to normals, Sir!"
SUGGESTED: "I am afraid not, Sir. But I have heard that dwarves, who live far in-land, have a potion, called spiritual holy water, that might put everyone back to normal."
ZAREL SUGGESTS: "I am afraid I cannot, Sir. But I have heard that the dwarves, who live far in-land, have something they call holy water, which may restore everyone back to normal."

(as in, refer to the potion only as "holy water")

id=Orofarnie
message= _ "Inland is danger. orcs, trolls, and bandits, any different kinds of enemies are existed. Birds always tell me."
SUGGESTED: "Inland is danger. Orcs, trolls, bandits, many different kinds of enemies exist there. Birds always say so."
ZAREL SUGGESTS: "There is danger inland. There are orcs, trolls, bandits... The birds tell me so."

id=Eagi=Nyess
message= _ "Orofarnië is right. I do not make my men into troubles. Wyngilla, you should take care this island. I do not think I could stand longer anymore."
SUGGESTED: "Orofarnië is right. I cannot send our people into such danger. Wyngilla, you should take care the island. I think I am wasting away..."

id=Wyngilla
message= _ "I am afraid no, Sir! As long as there are any possibilities, I obligate to make everyone back, Sir!"
SUGGESTED: "But I'm not afraid of danger, Sir! If such a potion exists, I pledge to find it and bring it back to heal you and everyone!"

id=Eagi-Nyess
message= _ "Indeed. But don't do overwork, Wyngilla. You are the last man to be heir of ours."
SUGGESTED: "You are brave, Wyngilla, but please be cautious. Many hope that you will one day become the leader of our island."

id=Wyngilla
message= _ "Thank you, Sir!
Kasii! can you come with me? I need your knowledge to find the potion."
SUGGESTED: "Thank you, Sir! We will take care. Kasii! can you come with me? I need your knowledge to find the potion."

id=Kasii
message= _ "If you go, of course, I will."
SUGGESTED: "Of course. You can't face such danger alone."

id=Angiddon
message= _ "I will go with you, my master."
SUGGESTED: "Please let me come along too, Wyngilla."

id=Wyngilla
ZAREL SUGGESTS: "All right! We leave immediately. Our fighters will remain here to guard all of you, Sir."

speaker=unit
ZAREL SUGGESTS: Remove this line; it is superfluous.

======================================
Proud creator of the :whistle: smiley | I prefer the CC-0 license.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Umm, if I were SkyOne, I'd probably be completely happy with a single person providing language help...

about the storm orb: It is meant as an edible item !? "Owner" suggests it's a weapon which can be wielded.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Zarel

Post by Zarel »

Anonymissimus wrote:Umm, if I were SkyOne, I'd probably be completely happy with a single person providing language help...
Meh, if someone's going to provide language help, they should be able to write grammatically correct English. I was originally just going to provide grammar corrections, but there were enough of them that rewriting would be faster.
Anonymissimus wrote:about the storm orb: It is meant as an edible item !? "Owner" suggests it's a weapon which can be wielded.
Orbs are generally generic magic equipment, not consumables.
Proud creator of the :whistle: smiley | I prefer the CC-0 license.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Thanks for the head up, Zarel. Just as:
Anonymissimus wrote: Umm, if I were SkyOne, I'd probably be completely happy with a single person providing language help...
I stay with Sneezy's help although I picked up some ideas from your comments.

The version 0.3.0 has been released.
The biggest change at this time is to activate New Fighter images, which have been in the folder, with the new custom unit, Sword/Battler. Sword Drake advances from Drake Fighter, and Drake Battler is level=3 of it. So players are able to choose Drake Warrior or Sword Drake when its advancement. Even though they need more sprites following TSI's fine arts, hopefully, they will be some kinds of contributions for this community.

Because recruiting Drake Fighters is impossible after scenario 2 until the last scenario in this campaign, I have changed one of the loyal units, Angiddon, from Burner to Fighter. Then the trait-modification replaced from the quick to the dextrous. It may cause crashing the game if the version cross with 0.2.4 or before, so I raised up the version to 0.3.0, instead of 0.2.5.

Other changes:
*installing Sneezy's English corrections, scenario 1-6, except one in the intro-file.
*fixing one of Alchemist ranged attack animations.
*fixing the storm ball/orb animations
*fixing a bug on scenario 8, Hidden Cave.
*polishing up scenario/map 8, Hidden Cave.
*balancing scenario 4, Landing.
*adding two villages on map 3, Naga Land.

I attach one each of new unit-images. Actually, Sword Drake is <Warrior + Arbiter>, and Drake Battler is <Blademaster + Warden>. It is okay in BfW 1.6 though.
Their swords are more Samurai-like, and they are back hand. Feedback about them will be very welcome, also.

thanks
Attachments
battler.png
battler.png (6.89 KiB) Viewed 4665 times
sword-melee-1.png
sword-melee-1.png (5.82 KiB) Viewed 4665 times
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

The new version, 0.3.1, is on the Add-Ons.
Sneezy's English correction is now on every scenario. So the biggest problem on this campaign has been solved. I really appreciate to Sneezy.:smile:

As the other change:
Drakes in the default will not fly on the any terrains; however, on this campaign, they fly on the deep water, not on the shallow water anymore on this edition though. It will be considerable for me on 1.7/1.8.

P.S. FoaP is also uploaded today.

thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited on Nov, 21.

Now, this campaign is available on 1.7.8.

The work of the images for Drake Lord is still on the progress, and adding more images for Sword/Battler Drake is in the plan. (they look okay with the new drakes, so I keep them.)
The scenario 4, Landing was too difficult, so I modified it. Basically, this is not expert level. Also, some bugs have been fixed on the both latest edition, 0.3.2 and 0.4.0.

Because 1.7.8 is not prefect, yet, I leave one in 1.6.x. However, testing and reporting one in 1.7.8 will be a great help for not only just me, also even for the developers at this moment, I think. I decided drakes can fly on the deep water also in the lava and chasm terrains, so their flying behavior on this campaign is different from one in the default.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited on Nov, 27

The new version 0.4.1 (for BfW 1.7.8 ) is on the add-ons.

*Drake Lord's minimum animations (13 images) have been installed.
*Fixed some bugs.
*modified some scenario/maps.

thanks again
breversa

Re: 1.6.x and 1.7.8 SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Post by breversa »

Hello SkyOne, and thanks for making such good campaigns ! :D
I'm playing both Fate of a princess (at wrok) and Brave wings (at home), and I found the former SO GOOD and well made that it is worth to become mainline, IMO. ;-)

However, I have a problem with Brave wings :
When loading scenario 3 ("Naga Land"), I get the following error message : "game error: Unknown unit type: <<Drake Lord>>", then back to the title screen.

I'm playing Brave wings v0.3.2 and Battle for Wesnoth 1.6.5 (french ingame language). Can you help me get past this error ?
French translation contributor
SkyOne

Re: 1.6.x and 1.7/1.8.x SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Post by SkyOne »

breversa wrote: Hello SkyOne, and thanks for making such good campaigns !
I'm playing both Fate of a princess (at wrok) and Brave wings (at home), and I found the former SO GOOD and well made that it is worth to become mainline, IMO.
Merci beaucoup, breversa!
What the flattery it is. I am so glad to hear it.:smile: and so nice to hear that you play a whole day my campaigns, and find some values on them. (not too much during the work though.:smile:) For FoaP, I can still cry for Ameck even I wrote the story.
It has taken for a year since I started creating the story, but now both campaigns are getting better. Thank you so much.:smile:
breversa wrote:However, I have a problem with Brave wings :
When loading scenario 3 ("Naga Land"), I get the following error message : "game error: Unknown unit type: <<Drake Lord>>", then back to the title screen.

I'm playing Brave wings v0.3.2 and Battle for Wesnoth 1.6.5 (french ingame language). Can you help me get past this error ?
Oow, sorry about it. It was my careless mistake. I paid attention too much for both campaigns on 1.7/1.8. I uploaded the fixed version as 0.3.3 on the 1.6 server. You can cross with the version 0.3.2. Then please, restart from the scenario 3.
shisui

Re: 1.6.x and 1.7/1.8.x SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Post by shisui »

Another unit bug -- this time with Dultas.

1) In "Dwarvish Bandits", when Dultas dismounts from his gryphon, he keeps his airborne hit points. This reduces to full hits at the beginning of "Hidden Cave".

2) More serious -- although Dultas' unit description (as expected) indicates deep water impassible, he actually has a terrain cost of 1 in deep water. [see screen shot]

---
OS X 10.5.8; Wesnoth 1.7.8b1
Attachments
Screenshot from &quot;Hidden Cave&quot;; cropped
Screenshot from "Hidden Cave"; cropped
DeepWater.png (370.02 KiB) Viewed 4508 times