1.12 SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SkyOne

Re: 1.8 SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Post by SkyOne »

sur.nhm wrote:Anyway: I've finished the campaign! Yay!
Congratulations and thanks for playing through the end.:smile:
sur.nhm wrote:What struck me as odd, though, is the last scenario's storyline. It's
A) rather odd that Wyngilla is half-dragon - there's nothing in the scenarios before that even implies it. That's a horrible tomato surprise.
B) even odder that Wyngilla's suddenly changed to a dragon, and the text (him having dragon DNA) is very un-Wesnoth-like. I personally prefer that this scenario will be changed, but if not, I think it refer to magic and not to DNA
Yeah, I know what you mean. Transforming to Dragon is more movie-like or Japanese-comic (or animation)-like. However, I might not change the scenario until I get a better idea because the whole story was built before writing the scenario and I personally like the lawful alignment Dragon in this campaign. Let me think a while about it, or if you have a better idea, I am happy to hear it. Currently, an additional scenario in between the scenario Hidden Cave and Thunderthrow is under constructions. If I finish it as well, I will move on to a next thing on this campaign. Transforming him by magic is an acceptable idea though.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

sur.nhm wrote:What struck me as odd, though, is the last scenario's storyline. It's
A) rather odd that Wyngilla is half-dragon - there's nothing in the scenarios before that even implies it. That's a horrible tomato surprise.
B) even odder that Wyngilla's suddenly changed to a dragon, and the text (him having dragon DNA) is very un-Wesnoth-like. I personally prefer that this scenario will be changed, but if not, I think it refer to magic and not to DNA.
Wyngylla's transformation was about the thing I liked most about this campaign. Nice surprise, no tomato...
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
boru

Post by boru »

As I recall, there were some references to Wyngilla's father that suggested something unusual.

Also, there is some foreshadowing in the mass transformation of the drake army in the second scenario.

I think sur.nhm's criticism of DNA is valid. It didn't occur to me at the time I played this campaign, but the term is anachronistic. The concept of "heritage" is of course, timeless. And the theme of a hero reaching inside himself to become something greater even predates Japanese cartoons. :shock:

A magic potion could function as a catalyst, if SkyOne thinks it's necessary. Personally, I'm fine with it as is, although I would probably substitute terms like heritage for DNA.
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

boru wrote:Also, there is some foreshadowing in the mass transformation of the drake army in the second scenario.
Doesn't the lich just transform them all? I don't really see how it foreshadows.

Why didn't mainline use the Drake Leader animations?
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
boru

Post by boru »

I simply mean that the drake transformations in the early part of the story suggest there may be other transformations ahead.
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Anonymissimus wrote:Wyngylla's transformation was about the thing I liked most about this campaign. Nice surprise, no tomato...
Ooh, thanks Anonymissimus.
I am glad to hear you like that part. That is one of the events I spent some times.:smile:
boru wrote:As I recall, there were some references to Wyngilla's father that suggested something unusual.

Also, there is some foreshadowing in the mass transformation of the drake army in the second scenario.

I think sur.nhm's criticism of DNA is valid. It didn't occur to me at the time I played this campaign, but the term is anachronistic. The concept of "heritage" is of course, timeless. And the theme of a hero reaching inside himself to become something greater even predates Japanese cartoons. :shock:

A magic potion could function as a catalyst, if SkyOne thinks it's necessary. Personally, I'm fine with it as is, although I would probably substitute terms like heritage for DNA.
Thanks boru.
You have a great potential to create a good campaign. :smile: The "heritage" really makes sense at the point because the DNA is not really just from Wyngilla's farther. It has been at least for a while in his family.

WML is important, but having many of interesting ideas on a good plot of the campaign is more important to create a good one, I think. The way to write dialogues also makes the game more interesting here. It seems you have those. (I don't, especially the last one)

Good luck your campaign. I downloaded it, but not played, yet. I will post something on your subject after playing it if it is necessary.
Hulavuta wrote:Why didn't mainline use the Drake Leader animations?
You mean Flameheart?
If so, they are still not ready, but they will probably be on BfW 1.9.x. TSI explains it here: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=435

If you mean Drake Lord or Drake Brave/Hero/Great on this campaign, their animations are not that good. (but I will polish them up sometimes, then update them)
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Well the Flare's fire blast animations seem top notch.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Hulavuta wrote:Well the Flare's fire blast animations seem top notch.
Yes, they do. But those were built by our Art Developer, TSI.:smile:
They were supposed to be in the core folder already on BfW 1.8.0, but postponed. I just added the melee and leading animations for Flare because I needed them for this campaign.

We actually have to wait a while for Flare and Flameheart's real animations until they get committed. I posted them on the thread because somebody may not be able to wait until the time comes, like me. So of course, you can use them if you do not mind these things.

Anyway, thanks.:wink:
boru

Post by boru »

Well, that made my day.

Thanks for your kind words!

SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Version 0.7.1 is on the server.

As I mentioned before, a scenario, called Bandit's Connection, has been added in between 08 Hidden Cave and 09 Thunderthrow. The reason why it was added is that some Dwarves join the troops and stayed with Drakes only three scenarios. (some were only two, so hard to level up to level=3) Also this addition makes the rest of scenarios slightly more enjoyable. (what a drake needs most on battles :wink: )

Hydra unit has been installed from FoaP as one of enemy leaders on the scenario, but it was my worst art work as an unit. (I plan to polish it up though)

The scenario is a cave map, five-side, and three teams. I only tested on HARD difficulty so far. Therefore, feedback will be a great appreciation, especially NORMAL and EASY difficulty. (well, I should probably post Add-on Feedback Forum for this one)->EDIT: it seems I cannot post the forum, so please post the feedbacks here on this forum.

Currently, the scenario/map is installed as "08b", so it will not bother any save files, except 08 Hidden Cave. Players who have played this campaign on BfW 1.8.x need to restart with 08 Hidden Cave to play the new scenario. (sorry)

The dialogue which was discussed above on the last scenario also has been touched up on this edition. (thanks boru :wink:)

EDIT on May, 4

A new thread for feedbacks are ready on Add-On Feedback Forum: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=29865
Thank you, shadowmaster also zookeeper.

---------------------

EDIT on May, 20

Version 0.7.2 is on the server.
Only minor changes are included, so crossing with the previous version is just fine.

-dialogues on the new scenario, Bandit's Connection, has been edited by Sneezy
-dialogues on the last scenario, Legend of Dragon, were replaced to one marecki posts on Add On Feedback Forum, then edited by Sneezy (I touched a little bit, too, to make them sense with the others.) I really appreciate them. :smile:

-reducing amounts of some of pickable gold on a few scenarios, like 200-->100
-fixing Drake Lord's ranged animation
-adding Anatas's die event
-touching up WML on scenario Legend of a Dragon slightly

There is a bug, that I found after updating, on the Ghost Ship's defense animation. It will be fixed on the next edition.

Thanks
slamajama09

Post by slamajama09 »

I encountered a bug on "thunderthrow" where i blow up the thunderthrow on turn six and at the end of the turn Tyngel still dies. Also, when I logged back on after a few hours, i tried to load my save file and several error messages popped up. the first one said something about an error in Orcish Newport (dunno how that applies to this level), "unknown scenario 09_Thunderthrow", and "unknown unit type: Great Drake. the scenario one only popped up when i tried to load the level but the unit one popped up when i tried to load a save. Any advice?
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

slamajama09 wrote:I encountered a bug on "thunderthrow" where i blow up the thunderthrow on turn six and at the end of the turn Tyngel still dies. Also, when I logged back on after a few hours, i tried to load my save file and several error messages popped up. the first one said something about an error in Orcish Newport (dunno how that applies to this level), "unknown scenario 09_Thunderthrow", and "unknown unit type: Great Drake. the scenario one only popped up when i tried to load the level but the unit one popped up when i tried to load a save. Any advice?
What was done
sur.nhm wrote:
TheHouseJackBuilt wrote:Hey. I ve been playing through the campaign and i am enjoying it so far its very good. I really like it although the ulfseekers are kicking my ass a bit :P . I m on the "tomahawk" scenario and i think i found a bug. I blew up the enemy weapon on turn 4 and at turn 6 it respawned and killed the ally leader resulting in defeat. I havent rescued the dwarf at that point but it wouldnt make sense for the weapon to fire anyway after i destroyed it.

I m playing on 0.5.2 version of the campaign and 1.7.9 wesnoth version.
The same happened to me (same campaign version, Wesnoth v1.7.12), even if I destroyed it with attacks and not with the bomb.
I looked in it's config, and I've seen that the events that kills Sergent Tyngall fires anyway, even if you destroy the Thunderthrow (BTW, the name doesn't sound right IMHO). You should put that line inside a [if] clause, with a variable called Thunderthrow_destroyed or something similar. That variable should equal zero at the scenario's start, and be changed to 1 when the Thunderthrow is destroyed. In turn 6, this variable should be checked, and if it still equals zero, only then the event will be fired.
Sorry about the somewhat complicated explanation.
SkyOne wrote:Oow! Sorry for that happening. It has been fixed on the newest edition, 0.5.3, which I have just uploaded. Yes, I forgot installing that [variable] tag in the [event] when I installed the animations for Thunderthrow.
Thank you, TheHouseJackBuilt and sur.nhm, for playing and reporting.:smile:

Other Changes on 0.5.3:
*modifying the first scenario/map slightly
*installing Orofanië unit file in the folder (he has a (+4) heal ability, now)
*removing the well images from all maps
------------------------------------
EDIT on Feb, 27

Another bug fixed version, 0.5.4, is on the 1.7/1.8 add-ons server.
The bug which was reported above was not fixed as well on 0.5.3. So fixed.
A few images and dialogues has been touched up slightly on this edition.
Also, all dwarves images have been installed from the mainline campaigns in the folder at this time.
-------------------------------------
EDIT on Mar, 3

A new edition, 0.6.0, is on the 1.7/1.8 server.
The scenario id, the title, and the map file name have been replaced on scenario 9 and 11. So I made a decision to rise up the version number from 0.5.4 to 0.6.0 at this time. The scenario, Tomahawk, is now Thunderthrow and the scenario, Dark Ocean, is Mélphine's Home Seas now. (thanks Neilarmius)
The map for Orcish Newport has been touched up slightly, and the music on the end of scenario 9 to the beginning of scenario 10 has been changed.
And fixing a couple of minor bugs (clearing variables) on this edition.

thanks
Bub, this bug was encountered and dealt with about two months back. Get the latest version, in which the bug's fixed. If the bug presists, post the scenario's cfg here and I'll have a look.
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
slamajama09

Post by slamajama09 »

i downloaded it again because there were no updates for it but the thunder throw still comes back to life to shoot tyngel. Could the update have been taken off the update list before i downloaded it? Anyway, heres the cfg:

#textdomain wesnoth-Brave_Wings
[scenario]
id=09_Thunderthrow
name= _ "Thunderthrow"
next_scenario=10_Orcish_Newport
map_data="{~add-ons/Brave_Wings/maps/09_Thunderthrow.map}"
[story]
[part]
story= _ "They followed the tunnel north, and when they reached the end of it, the city of Limarig was right front of them. Commander Virgil of the Western Union was preparing to attack the orcish force. However..."
[/part]
[part]
show_title=yes
background=story/farnorth-southeast.png
{NEW_BATTLE 629 221}
[/part]
[/story]
{DAWN}
{MORNING}
{AFTERNOON}
{DUSK}
{FIRST_WATCH}
{SECOND_WATCH}
{SCENARIO_MUSIC "the_king_is_dead.ogg"}
{TURNS 30 25 20}
victory_when_enemies_defeated=no
[side]
{BW_SIDE_1}
{GOLD 200 180 160}
{INCOME 2 1 0}
recruit=Dwarvish Guardsman
fog=no
shroud=no
[/side]
[side]
side=2
controller=ai
team_name=drakes
user_team_name=_"Humans"
type=General
id=Virgil
name= _ "Commander Virgil"
profile="portraits/humans/transparent/lieutenant.png"
unrenamable=yes
canrecruit=yes
recruit=Spearman,Elvish Archer,Saurian Augur,Dwarvish Guardsman
{GOLD 280 260 220}
{INCOME 60 40 20}
[ai]
village_value=3.0
leader_village=50.0
recruitment_pattern=fighter,fighter,archer,healer,fighter,archer
[/ai]
[/side]
[side]
side=3
controller=ai
team_name=orc
{GOLD 200 220 240}
{INCOME 30 50 70}
type=Orcish Warlord
recruit=Orcish Grunt, Orcish Archer
id=Gushnak
name= _ "Gushnak"
user_team_name=_"Local Orcs"
profile="portraits/orcs/transparent/warlord.png"
canrecruit=yes
[ai]
recruitment_pattern=fighter,fighter,archer,fighter,fighter,archer
village_value=2.0
leader_village=50.0
recruitment_ignore_bad_movement=yes
recruitment_ignore_bad_combat=yes
aggression=1
passive_leader=yes
[/ai]
[/side]
[side]
side=4
controller=ai
team_name=orc
{GOLD 200 220 240}
{INCOME 20 40 60}
type=Dwarvish Bandit Chief
recruit=Bandit Fighter,Bandit Thunderer,Dwarvish Ulfserker
id=Gomthaas
name= _ "Gomthaas"
user_team_name=_"Dwarvish Bandits"
profile="data/campaigns/The_Hammer_of_Thursagan/images/portraits/maskeddwarf3.png"
canrecruit=yes
[ai]
recruitment_pattern=fighter,fighter,mixed fighter,fighter,fighter,mixed fighter
recruitment_ignore_bad_movement=yes
recruitment_ignore_bad_combat=yes
village_value=2.0
leader_village=50.0
aggression=1
passive_leader=yes
[/ai]
[/side]
[event]
name=prestart
[objectives]
side=1
[objective]
description= _ "Move Wyngilla next to Thunderthrow, then leave there in 6 turns, Rescue Montas, and Defeat all enemies leaders"
condition=win
[/objective]
{BW_HOW_TO_LOSE_III}
note="Hint: Wyngilla needs to move one hex or more to blow up Thunderthrow after reaching there"
[/objectives]
[kill]
id=Eagi-Nyess
[/kill]
{MODIFY_UNIT id=Wyngilla canrecruit yes}
[recall]
id=Wyngilla
x,y=29,19
facing="sw"
[/recall]
[recall]
id=Dultas
facing="sw"
[/recall]
[recall]
id=Tyngel
facing="sw"
[/recall]
[recall]
id=Angiddon
facing="sw"
[/recall]
[recall]
id=Anatas
facing="sw"
[/recall]
[recall]
id=Kasii
facing="sw"
[/recall]
[recall]
id=Melphine
facing="sw"
[/recall]
[item]
halo="scenery/thunderthrow.png"
x,y=20,4
[/item]
[unit]
type=Orcish Warrior
side=3
x,y=14,5
ai_special=guardian
[/unit]
[unit]
type=Orcish Crossbowman
side=3
x,y=11,7
ai_special=guardian
[/unit]
[unit]
type=Orcish Warrior
side=3
x,y=7,7
ai_special=guardian
[/unit]
[unit]
type=Orcish Crossbowman
side=3
x,y=4,5
ai_special=guardian
[/unit]
[unit]
type=Orcish Warrior
side=3
x,y=1,4
ai_special=guardian
[/unit]
[unit]
type=Dwarvish Berserker
x,y=24,2
side=4
ai_special=guardian
[/unit]
{PLACE_IMAGE units/dwarves/runemaster.png 23 2}
{PLACE_IMAGE items/cage.png 23 2}
[item]
image=items/orcish-flag.png
x,y=9,8
[/item]
[item]
image=items/orcish-flag.png
x,y=20,5
[/item]
[item]
halo=scenery/fire1.png:100,scenery/fire2.png:100,scenery/fire3.png:100,scenery/fire4.png:100,scenery/fire5.png:100,scenery/fire6.png:100,scenery/fire7.png:100,scenery/fire8.png:100
x,y=11,5
[/item]
[item]
halo=scenery/fire1.png:100,scenery/fire2.png:100,scenery/fire3.png:100,scenery/fire4.png:100,scenery/fire5.png:100,scenery/fire6.png:100,scenery/fire7.png:100,scenery/fire8.png:100
x,y=7,5
[/item]
[item]
image=scenery/trapdoor-open.png
x,y=28,22
[/item]
[set_variable]
name=blow_thunderthrow
value=no
[/set_variable]
[set_variable]
name=temp_thunderthrow
value=no
[/set_variable]
[/event]
[event]
name=start
[message]
id=Virgil
message= _ "Tyngel... What kept you? And where is the Thunderthrow?"
[/message]
[message]
id=Gushnak
message= _ "Gwahahaha! Thunderthrow is right here, in the front of us. Our capable friends took it from the laboratory and brought it here. It took time, but now we have it, and it is ready to use."
[/message]
[message]
id=Dultas
message= _ "Oh, no! Montas is in that cage."
[/message]
[message]
id=Gushnak
message= _ "Western Union, prepare to die! But first, a demonstration. Gunners, aim for the Commander of the Western Union force. He has been a big problem for too long."
[/message]
[if]
[have_unit]
id=Virgil
[/have_unit]
[then]
[scroll_to]
x,y=20,4
[/scroll_to]
[delay]
time=200
[/delay]
[sound]
name=fire.wav
[/sound]
[removeitem]
x,y=20,4
[/removeitem]
[item]
halo=scenery/thunderthrow-attack1.png
x,y=20,4
[/item]
[delay]
time=200
[/delay]
[removeitem]
x,y=20,4
[/removeitem]
[item]
halo=scenery/thunderthrow-attack2.png
x,y=20,4
[/item]
[delay]
time=200
[/delay]
[removeitem]
x,y=20,4
[/removeitem]
[item]
halo=scenery/thunderthrow-attack3.png
x,y=20,4
[/item]
[store_unit]
[filter]
id=Virgil
[/filter]
variable=temp_virgil
[/store_unit]
[set_variable]
name=temp_virgil.hitpoints
add=-100
[/set_variable]
[move_unit_fake]
type=Tomahawk
x=20,$temp_virgil.x
y=4,$temp_virgil.y
[/move_unit_fake]
[sound]
name=explosion.ogg
[/sound]
[unstore_unit]
variable=temp_virgil
text=100
{COLOR_HARM}
[/unstore_unit]
[clear_variable]
name=temp_virgil
[/clear_variable]
[delay]
time=100
[/delay]
[kill]
id=Virgil
[/kill]
[sound]
name={SOUND_LIST:HUMAN_DIE}
[/sound]
[message]
id=Tyngel
message= _ "Noooo, Commander Virgil!"
[/message]
[message]
id=Wyngilla
message= _ "We Drakes will take care of that powerful weapon, Tyngel, so you can concentrate on leading your troops."
[/message]
[kill]
side=2
canrecruit=yes
[/kill]
{MOVE_UNIT id=Tyngel 5 20}
{MODIFY_UNIT id=Tyngel side 2}
{MODIFY_UNIT id=Tyngel canrecruit yes}
[removeitem]
x,y=20,4
[/removeitem]
[unit]
type=Thunderthrow
id=Thunderthrow
name= _ "Thunderthrow"
x=20
y=4
side=3
[modifications]
{TRAIT_RESILIENT}
[/modifications]
[/unit]
[/then]
[/if]
[/event]
[event]
name=side 3 turn 6
{THUNDERTHROW_SECOND_SHOT}
[/event]
[event]
name=moveto
first_time_only=yes
[filter]
type=Drake Brave
x=19,20,20,21
y=4-5,3,5,5
side=1
[or]
type=Drake Hero
x=19,20,20,21
y=4-5,3,5,5
side=1
[/or]
[or]
type=Great Drake
x=19,20,20,21
y=4-5,3,5,5
side=1
[/or]
[/filter]
[message]
id=Wyngilla
message= _ "Move away from the Thunderthrow! I will blow it up!"
[/message]
[message]
speaker=narrator
message= _ "Wyngilla will blow up the Thunderthrow when he moves to any directions from the current hex that he is on."
image=wesnoth-icon.png
[/message]
[set_variable]
name=blow_thunderthrow
value=yes
[/set_variable]
[store_unit]
[filter]
id=Wyngilla
[/filter]
variable=temp_wyngilla
[/store_unit]
[item]
image=items/bomb.png
x=$temp_wyngilla.x
y=$temp_wyngilla.y
[/item]
[if]
[variable]
name=blow_thunderthrow
equals=yes
[/variable]
[then]
[event]
name=moveto
first_time_only=yes
[filter]
type=Drake Brave
[or]
type=Drake Hero
[/or]
[or]
type=Great Drake
[/or]
[/filter]

[if]
[have_unit]
id=Wyngilla
[/have_unit]
[have_unit]
id=Thunderthrow
[/have_unit]
[then]
[delay]
time=500
[/delay]
[removeitem]
x,y=$temp_wyngilla.x,$temp_wyngilla.y
[/removeitem]
[sound]
name=explosion.ogg
[/sound]
{BW_THUNDERTHROW_EXPLOSION}
[clear_variable]
name=temp_wyngilla
[/clear_variable]
[kill]
[not]
id=Wyngilla
[/not]
x=19,20,20,21
y=4-5,3,5,5
animate=yes
fire_event=yes
[/kill]
[message]
id=Gushnak
message= _ "Uh!... What happened? How did they do that? Assassins, be ready!"
[/message]
{GENERIC_UNIT 3 (Orcish Slayer) 4 2}
{GENERIC_UNIT 3 (Orcish Slayer) 14 2}
{GENERIC_UNIT 3 (Orcish Slayer) 20 2}
{GENERIC_UNIT 3 (Orcish Slayer) 26 2}
[if]
[have_unit]
id=Montas
side=1
[/have_unit]
[then]
[objectives]
side=1
[objective]
description= _ "Defeat all enemy leaders"
condition=win
[/objective]
{BW_HOW_TO_LOSE_III}
[/objectives]
[/then]
[else]
[objectives]
side=1
[objective]
description= _ "Rescue Montas and Defeat all enemy leaders"
condition=win
[/objective]
{BW_HOW_TO_LOSE_III}
[/objectives]
[/else]
[/if]
[sound]
name=bell.wav
[/sound]
{REPLACE_SCENARIO_MUSIC "mattias_westlund-the_high_kings_march.ogg"}
[clear_variable]
name=blow_thunderthrow
[/clear_variable]
[set_variable]
name=temp_thunderthrow
value=yes
[/set_variable]
[/then]
[/if]
[/event]
[/then]
[/if]
[/event]
[event]
name=die
[filter]
id=Thunderthrow
[/filter]
[message]
id=Gushnak
message= _ "Uh!... What happened? How did they do that? Assassins, be ready!"
[/message]
{GENERIC_UNIT 3 (Orcish Slayer) 4 2}
{GENERIC_UNIT 3 (Orcish Slayer) 14 2}
{GENERIC_UNIT 3 (Orcish Slayer) 20 2}
{GENERIC_UNIT 3 (Orcish Slayer) 26 2}
[if]
[have_unit]
id=Montas
side=1
[/have_unit]
[then]
[objectives]
side=1
[objective]
description= _ "Defeat all enemy leaders"
condition=win
[/objective]
{BW_HOW_TO_LOSE_III}
[/objectives]
[/then]
[else]
[objectives]
side=1
[objective]
description= _ "Rescue Montas and Defeat all enemy leaders"
condition=win
[/objective]
{BW_HOW_TO_LOSE_III}
[/objectives]
[/else]
[/if]
[sound]
name=bell.wav
[/sound]
{REPLACE_SCENARIO_MUSIC "mattias_westlund-the_high_kings_march.ogg"}
[set_variable]
name=temp_thunderthrow
value=yes
[/set_variable]
[/event]
[event]
name=moveto
first_time_only=yes
[filter]
side=1
x=23
y=2
[/filter]
[removeitem]
[/removeitem]
[unit]
side=1
type=Dwarvish Runemaster
id=Montas
name= _ "Montas"
x=23
y=3
[modifications]
{TRAIT_LOYAL}
{TRAIT_INTELLIGENT}
[/modifications]
[/unit]
[message]
id=Dultas
message= _ "Montas, are ye all right?"
[/message]
[message]
id=Montas
message= _ "Dultas! Good ye're here, brother. I'm all right, but where is the Thunderthrow?"
[/message]
[if]
[not]
[variable]
name=temp_thunderthrow
equals=yes
[/variable]
[/not]
[then]
[message]
id=Dultas
message= _ "Drakes from Faith Island are on our side, and their leader blew it up, using yer bomb."
[/message]
[/then]
[/if]
[if]
[variable]
name=temp_thunderthrow
equals=yes
[/variable]
[then]
[message]
id=Dultas
message= _ "Drakes from Faith Island are on our side, and they will blow it up, using yer bomb."
[/message]
[clear_variable]
name=temp_thunderthrow
[/clear_variable]
[/then]
[/if]
[message]
id=Montas
message= _ "Good. I should not have created that weapon. It was too destructive and far too dangerous."
[/message]
[if]
[not]
[have_unit]
side=3,4
canrecruit=yes
[/have_unit]
[/not]
[then]
{BW_HORSE_SOUNDS}
{REPLACE_SCENARIO_MUSIC "traveling_minstrels.ogg"}
[unit]
type=Elvish Scout
id=Evandel
name= _ "Evandel"
side=1
x=33
y=14
[/unit]
{MOVE_UNIT id=Evandel 14 10}
[message]
id=Evandel
message= _ "Sir! Report from the Eastern Union! The orcish Lord of Castelfranc has agreed to a peace treaty. We are not to attack or invade each other anymore. So technically, the war is over!"
[/message]
[message]
id=Tyngel
message= _ "Really? That's good news, scout. How did the agreement happen so quickly?"
[/message]
[message]
id=Evandel
message= _ "Sir, Marshal Háwclyn of the Southern Greenwood went to Castelfranc as soon as we captured Grisbi. He convinced the orcish lord to sign an agreement. In exchange, he promised that the Alliance would not destroy him."
[/message]
[message]
id=Tyngel
message= _ "Oooh, Háwclyn is such a persuasive negotiator. So he has saved us a battle? That's the second time in just a few years. He'll be a hero."
[/message]
[message]
id=Wyngilla
message= _ "It seems we are able to go home, Kasii."
[/message]
[message]
id=Kasii
message= _ "Yup! Wyngilla."
[/message]
[message]
id=Dultas
message= _ "I appreciate the help, drakes. Now ye need to save yer home. Please take some gold as a sign of our appreciation."
[/message]
[gold]
side=1
amount=200
[/gold]
[sound]
name=gold.ogg
[/sound]
[message]
id=Melphine
message= _ "Yay! Let's go back to the ocean!"
[/message]
[endlevel]
result=victory
bonus=yes
save=yes
carryover_report=yes
carryover_percentage=80
linger_mode=no
[/endlevel]
[/then]
[/if]
[/event]
[event]
name=die
[filter]
id=Gomthaas
[/filter]
[message]
speaker=unit
message= _ "Aaaagrh... No gold for me..."
[/message]
[message]
id=Dultas
message= _ "Go to hell!"
[/message]
[if]
[have_unit]
id=Montas
side=1
[/have_unit]
[not]
[have_unit]
side=3
canrecruit=yes
[/have_unit]
[/not]
[then]
{BW_HORSE_SOUNDS}
[unit]
type=Elvish Scout
id=Evandel
name= _ "Evandel"
side=1
x=33
y=14
[/unit]
[message]
id=Evandel
message= _ "Sir! Report from the Eastern Union! The orcish Lord of Castelfranc has agreed to a peace treaty. We are not to attack or invade each other anymore. So technically, the war is over!"
[/message]
[message]
id=Tyngel
message= _ "Really? That's good news, scout. How did the agreement happen so quickly?"
[/message]
[message]
id=Evandel
message= _ "Sir, Marshal Háwclyn of the Southern Greenwood went to Castelfranc as soon as we captured Grisbi. He convinced the orcish lord to sign an agreement. In exchange, he promised
that the Alliance would not destroy him."
[/message]
[message]
id=Tyngel
message= _ "Oooh, Háwclyn is such a persuasive negotiator. So he has saved us a battle? That's the second time in just a few years. He'll be a hero."
[/message]
[message]
id=Wyngilla
[/message]
[message]
id=Kasii
[/message]
[message]
id=Dultas
message= _ "I appreciate the help, drakes. Now ye need to save yer home. Please take some gold as a sign of our appreciation."
[/message]
[gold]
side=1
amount=200
[/gold]
[sound]
name=gold.ogg
[/sound]
[message]
id=Melphine
[/message]
[endlevel]
result=victory
bonus=yes
save=yes
carryover_report=yes
carryover_percentage=80
linger_mode=no
[/endlevel]
[/then]
[/if]
[/event]
[event]
name=die
[filter]
id=Gushnak
[/filter]
[message]
speaker=unit
message= _ "Aaaagrh... Why these drakes... Are not even local..."
[/message]
[message]
id=Tyngel
message= _ "This is for Commander Virgil."
[/message]
[if]
[have_unit]
id=Montas
side=1
[/have_unit]
[not]
[have_unit]
side=4
canrecruit=yes
[/have_unit]
[/not]
[then]
{BW_HORSE_SOUNDS}
[unit]
type=Elvish Scout
id=Evandel
name= _ "Evandel"
side=1
x=33
y=14
[/unit]
[message]
id=Evandel
[/message]
[message]
id=Tyngel
[/message]
[message]
id=Evandel
message= _ "Sir, Marshal Háwclyn of the Southern Greenwood went to Castelfranc as soon as we captured Grisbi. He convinced the orcish lord to sign an agreement. In exchange, he promised
that the Alliance would not destroy him."
[/message]
[message]
id=Tyngel
[/message]
[message]
id=Wyngilla
[/message]
[message]
id=Kasii
[/message]
[message]
id=Dultas
[/message]
[gold]
side=1
amount=200
[/gold]
[sound]
name=gold.ogg
[/sound]
[message]
id=Melphine
[/message]
[endlevel]
result=victory
bonus=yes
save=yes
carryover_report=yes
carryover_percentage=80
linger_mode=no
[/endlevel]
[/then]
[/if]
[/event]
[event]
name=die
[filter]
id=Montas
[/filter]
[message]
speaker=unit
message= _ "Aaaargh... Dultas... take care..."
[/message]
[message]
id=Dultas
message= _ "Nooooo... Montas! We were supposed to drink more together!"
[/message]
[/event]
{BW_DEATHS}
[/scenario]
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Thank you, sur.nhm, for trying to help.:smile:

slamajama09, if you downloaded the current edition of both BfW and this campaign, please, restart from the beginning of the scenario, Thunderthrow.
And everyone on the forums appreciates for using the

Code: Select all

tag for WML and the [spoiler] tag for posting a whole file. Actually, what I needed to look was the save file(s). It shows the most of informations what version of BfW, variables, etc.. But that is okay now.

Thank you for playing.:smile:
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

slamajama09, can you please tell what version of Wesnoth you are using, as well as on what OS?
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.