1.12 SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheHouseJackBuilt

Re: 1.6.x and 1.7.8-1.7.13 SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Post by TheHouseJackBuilt »

Hey. I ve been playing through the campaign and i am enjoying it so far its very good. I really like it although the ulfseekers are kicking my ass a bit :P . I m on the "tomahawk" scenario and i think i found a bug. I blew up the enemy weapon on turn 4 and at turn 6 it respawned and killed the ally leader resulting in defeat. I havent rescued the dwarf at that point but it wouldnt make sense for the weapon to fire anyway after i destroyed it.

I m playing on 0.5.2 version of the campaign and 1.7.9 wesnoth version.
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

TheHouseJackBuilt wrote:Hey. I ve been playing through the campaign and i am enjoying it so far its very good. I really like it although the ulfseekers are kicking my ass a bit :P . I m on the "tomahawk" scenario and i think i found a bug. I blew up the enemy weapon on turn 4 and at turn 6 it respawned and killed the ally leader resulting in defeat. I havent rescued the dwarf at that point but it wouldnt make sense for the weapon to fire anyway after i destroyed it.

The same happened to me (same campaign version, Wesnoth v1.7.12), even if I destroyed it with attacks and not with the bomb.
I looked in it's config, and I've seen that the events that kills Sergent Tyngall fires anyway, even if you destroy the Thunderthrow (BTW, the name doesn't sound right IMHO). You should put that line inside a [if] clause, with a variable called Thunderthrow_destroyed or something similar. That variable should equal zero at the scenario's start, and be changed to 1 when the Thunderthrow is destroyed. In turn 6, this variable should be checked, and if it still equals zero, only then the event will be fired.
Sorry about the somewhat complicated explanation.
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Oow! Sorry for that happening. It has been fixed on the newest edition, 0.5.3, which I have just uploaded. Yes, I forgot installing that [variable] tag in the [event] when I installed the animations for Thunderthrow.
Thank you, TheHouseJackBuilt and sur.nhm, for playing and reporting.:smile:

Other Changes on 0.5.3:
*modifying the first scenario/map slightly
*installing Orofanië unit file in the folder (he has a (+4) heal ability, now)
*removing the well images from all maps
------------------------------------
EDIT on Feb, 27

Another bug fixed version, 0.5.4, is on the 1.7/1.8 add-ons server.
The bug which was reported above was not fixed as well on 0.5.3. So fixed.
A few images and dialogues has been touched up slightly on this edition.
Also, all dwarves images have been installed from the mainline campaigns in the folder at this time.
-------------------------------------
EDIT on Mar, 3

A new edition, 0.6.0, is on the 1.7/1.8 server.
The scenario id, the title, and the map file name have been replaced on scenario 9 and 11. So I made a decision to rise up the version number from 0.5.4 to 0.6.0 at this time. The scenario, Tomahawk, is now Thunderthrow and the scenario, Dark Ocean, is Mélphine's Home Seas now. (thanks Neilarmius)
The map for Orcish Newport has been touched up slightly, and the music on the end of scenario 9 to the beginning of scenario 10 has been changed.
And fixing a couple of minor bugs (clearing variables) on this edition.

thanks
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
boru

Post by boru »

TheHouseJackBuilt wrote:Hey. I ve been playing through the campaign and i am enjoying it so far its very good. I really like it although the ulfseekers are kicking my ass a bit :P . I m on the "tomahawk" scenario and i think i found a bug. I blew up the enemy weapon on turn 4 and at turn 6 it respawned and killed the ally leader resulting in defeat. I havent rescued the dwarf at that point but it wouldnt make sense for the weapon to fire anyway after i destroyed it.

Am I the only one still experiencing this bug? I'm playing BW 0.6.0 and Wesnoth 1.7.10-1.8beta3 on a Mac. I got to the island on turn 6, it took me awhile to understand that my character would only blow up the thunderthrow if I took him off the island. So I had to reload the game multiple times but finally got thunderthrow destroyed but then at beginning of turn 7, it reappears and You Are Defeated. After a few more reloads the Drake won't even mention the bomb when he gets on the island.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

boru wrote:
TheHouseJackBuilt wrote: Hey. I ve been playing through the campaign and i am enjoying it so far its very good. I really like it although the ulfseekers are kicking my ass a bit . I m on the "tomahawk" scenario and i think i found a bug. I blew up the enemy weapon on turn 4 and at turn 6 it respawned and killed the ally leader resulting in defeat. I havent rescued the dwarf at that point but it wouldnt make sense for the weapon to fire anyway after i destroyed it.

Am I the only one still experiencing this bug? I'm playing BW 0.6.0 and Wesnoth 1.7.10-1.8beta3 on a Mac. I got to the island on turn 6, it took me awhile to understand that my character would only blow up the thunderthrow if I took him off the island. So I had to reload the game multiple times but finally got thunderthrow destroyed but then at beginning of turn 7, it reappears and You Are Defeated. After a few more reloads the Drake won't even mention the bomb when he gets on the island.
My guess why it happened is that you used the save file of 0.5.2 or before, then restarted in the middle of the scenario, Thunderthrow, on 0.6.0, didn't you?
If you restart the beginning of the scenario, it has been fixed on 0.5.4. The reason why I guess on that way is that the second shot of Thunderthrow is currently Orc's turn 6, not turn 7. But I will double check it. because it sounds slightly different from the other bug-reports on that part.

Please post again if you still have the same problem.
Thanks for playing and posting.:smile:

P.S. anyway I will add a narration when Wyngilla moves next to Thunderthrow on the next edition. He does not have to be out of the area (the island) to blow it up. He just need to move one hex.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
boru

Post by boru »

SkyOne wrote:My guess why it happened is that you used the save file of 0.5.2 or before, then restarted in the middle of the scenario, Thunderthrow, on 0.6.0, didn't you?
If you restart the beginning of the scenario, it has been fixed on 0.5.4. The reason why I guess on that way is that the second shot of Thunderthrow is currently Orc's turn 6, not turn 7. But I will double check it. because it sounds slightly different from the other bug-reports on that part.

P.S. anyway I will add a narration when Wyngilla moves next to Thunderthrow on the next edition. He does not have to be out of the area (the island) to blow it up. He just need to move one hex.
No, actually I've never played this scenario before, although I may have downloaded earlier versions of it. I started with 0.6.0 from the beginning. I don't know which Orc turn it was, but I know it was turn 6 and I clicked the "end turn" button, so assumed I was in turn 7.
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

boru wrote:
SkyOne wrote:My guess why it happened is that you used the save file of 0.5.2 or before, then restarted in the middle of the scenario, Thunderthrow, on 0.6.0, didn't you?

No, actually I've never played this scenario before, although I may have downloaded earlier versions of it. I started with 0.6.0 from the beginning. I don't know which Orc turn it was, but I know it was turn 6 and I clicked the "end turn" button, so assumed I was in turn 7.
Okay, sorry for miss-guessing. I hope that it is a bug on 1.7.10 because reappearing Thunderthrow is not sound ordinary. I guess a save-file bug or something. I recommend to play this campaign on 1.7.13 or 1.7.14. (you can cross with 1.7.10) However, it causes from my unclear objectives on this scenario. Therefore, I am trying to upload the next edition before the sunrise tonight. Also a bug has been found on Dultas's attack animations. I will post here when it is done.

Thanks for reporting.
----------------------------------------

EDIT: All right! Version 0.6.1 has been uploaded on the 1.7/1.8 server to make objectives clearer on the scenario, and fixing Dultas's melee animations. Montas's die event has been added on the scenario also.
If players play BfW 1.7.13 or higher, they can kill any enemies around Thunderthrow when it is blown up.
But it is not triggered on 1.7.12 or before because of a bug, #15055.

thanks
boru

Re: 1.6.x, 1.7.13, and 1.7.14 SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Post by boru »

Okay, I downloaded BfW 1.7.14 and BW 1.6.2

Can I use any of my saved game, or will I have to start again at the beginning?
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

boru wrote:Okay, I downloaded BfW 1.7.14 and BW 1.6.2
Thanks.:smile:
boru wrote:Can I use any of my saved game, or will I have to start again at the beginning?
Yes, you can. There will be a message that something like "This save is different version...", but if you click "yes" (ah, maybe, it is just "ok"), the game will run without a problem.
It had better be the beginning of a scenario. On your case, the beginning of the scenario Thunderthrow. An attack i-con of the war blade might not show for some units which have been recruited already though. It has been added in the default on BfW 1.7.13, I think.
boru

Post by boru »

Thanks, SkyOne, I'm enjoying the campaign a great deal so far. I'm fine with the war blade icon too, although I've seen it and it's a very cool icon.

SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

boru wrote:Thanks, SkyOne, I'm enjoying the campaign a great deal so far. I'm fine with the war blade icon too, although I've seen it and it's a very cool icon.
Sure! :smile:
I was actually confused with my another campaign. The unit files for most of drakes have been installed on this campaign because of the standing animations. Those are different from one in the default to fit this campaign. So the attack icons are supposed to show on this one as long as playing it on BfW 1.7.13 or higher. And yes, they look very good. They have been developed on this subject by fmunoz and inferno8.

In fact, your post makes me turn on polishing up the scenario more, so I just updated the new edition, 0.6.2, on the 1.7/1.8 server.

West's "The High King's March" has been installed on the scenario Thunderthrow and Legend of a Dragon. This music matches to "The King is Dead". So players who like The King is Dead are probably able to enjoy with this music, especially the scenario Thunderthrow although the key of music is not the same. (Both are supposed be "Am") :smile:

More objectives have been added on the scenario Thunderthrow to avoid confusing players.

Crossing with 0.6.0-0.6.2 is totally fine.
-------------------------------------------

EDIT on Mar, 27

Version 0.6.3 is on the 1.7/1.8 add-ons server.

changes:
*Three Drake Fighters are recruitable after scenario 2
*Drake Warriors and Sword Drakes are possible to recruit on the middle of the last scenario, instead of Drake Fighters
*Fixing the buggy ending of the scenario 5 Air Battle (a time-over event is the most approximate, but the transform macro does not trigger in it (a bug?))
*Touching up slightly on the scenario/map Western Union

thanks
dederocks

Re: 1.6.x and 1.7.13-1.7.15 SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Post by dederocks »

Hello,

I agree too, this campaign is great -- so great that I'm frustrated: I can't go beyond scenario ThunderThrow, because even though I managed to blow up ThunderThrow before the end of round 6, for some reason it 'rematerializes' itself by the end of round 6 and blows up the Sergent, leading to an undesearved defeat! Have I missed something or is there a bug?

Regards,

Andre
sur.nhm

Re: 1.6.x and 1.7.13-1.7.15 SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Post by sur.nhm »

dederocks wrote:Hello,

I agree too, this campaign is great -- so great that I'm frustrated: I can't go beyond scenario ThunderThrow, because even though I managed to blow up ThunderThrow before the end of round 6, for some reason it 'rematerializes' itself by the end of round 6 and blows up the Sergent, leading to an undesearved defeat! Have I missed something or is there a bug?

Regards,

Andre
Quite possible. You may have a bug, but updating to the last version should solve it.
SkyOne wrote:Oow! Sorry for that happening. It has been fixed on the newest edition, 0.5.3, which I have just uploaded. Yes, I forgot installing that [variable] tag in the [event] when I installed the animations for Thunderthrow.
Thank you, TheHouseJackBuilt and sur.nhm, for playing and reporting.:smile:

Other Changes on 0.5.3:
*modifying the first scenario/map slightly
*installing Orofanië unit file in the folder (he has a (+4) heal ability, now)
*removing the well images from all maps
------------------------------------
EDIT on Feb, 27

Another bug fixed version, 0.5.4, is on the 1.7/1.8 add-ons server.
The bug which was reported above was not fixed as well on 0.5.3. So fixed.
A few images and dialogues has been touched up slightly on this edition.
Also, all dwarves images have been installed from the mainline campaigns in the folder at this time.
-------------------------------------
EDIT on Mar, 3

A new edition, 0.6.0, is on the 1.7/1.8 server.
The scenario id, the title, and the map file name have been replaced on scenario 9 and 11. So I made a decision to rise up the version number from 0.5.4 to 0.6.0 at this time. The scenario, Tomahawk, is now Thunderthrow and the scenario, Dark Ocean, is Mélphine's Home Seas now. (thanks Neilarmius)
The map for Orcish Newport has been touched up slightly, and the music on the end of scenario 9 to the beginning of scenario 10 has been changed.
And fixing a couple of minor bugs (clearing variables) on this edition.

thanks
See?
SkyOne

Re: 1.8 SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Post by SkyOne »

Thanks sur.nhm.
dederocks wrote:Hello,

Regards,

Andre
Hello,

Sorry for that happening and delaying the reply.
It sounds exactly the same as what boru said. I will research why that happened, but just as sur.nhm said, it is supposed to be fixed if you run BfW 1.7.13 or later. I personally have never had that bug, so hopefully no-more. Thanks for playing.:smile:

By the way, Version 0.6.4 is on the 1.8 server.
The animations for Drake Flameheart are unfortunately not in the core folder on BfW 1.8.0. So I added fourteen images which are minimum for it, I think.
A few icons for Drake Flare also have been added to fill up the melee and leading animations which are not in the core folder, too.

As other changes: balancing on HARD difficulty for the first scenario, and reducing the enemy's INCOME slightly on the 2nd and 4th scenario.
Also reducing enemy's GOLD on HARD on the 5th scenario. (25 down)
The images for Drake Lord are slightly touched up to specify Flameheart more.
-----------------------------------

EDIT on Apr, 15

Version 0.7.0 is on the 1.8 server.

There were bugs on Version 0.6.4. Those were:
1) recruiting any Drake FIghters was possible after scenario 3
2) a sighted event did not triggered on scenario 11 (so a fake unit moved around and an enemy leader was not able to recruit)
3) orc's portraits do not show on BfW 1.8.0
4) old unit names still existed on dialogues

Also on HARD difficulty, the game was almost impossible to finish on some scenarios.

All of above have been fixed on the new edition, 0.7.0.
And some contents on the scenarios have been added to polish up the campaign.
There is still a bug on scenario 11. That is the moveto event + [filter_vision] tag which triggers even the enemy is not in sight. I might have to report it.

thanks
sur.nhm

Re: 1.8 SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Post by sur.nhm »

Well, I'm back, after quite a lot of time.
Anyway: I've finished the campaign! Yay! :D
What struck me as odd, though, is the last scenario's storyline. It's
A) rather odd that Wyngilla is half-dragon - there's nothing in the scenarios before that even implies it. That's a horrible tomato surprise.
B) even odder that Wyngilla's suddenly changed to a dragon, and the text (him having dragon DNA) is very un-Wesnoth-like. I personally prefer that this scenario will be changed, but if not, I think it refer to magic and not to DNA.