The Earth's Gut for BfW 1.16

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: The Earth's Gut for BfW 1.14

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

egallager wrote: July 17th, 2021, 11:15 pm
Lord-Knightmare wrote: July 16th, 2021, 6:48 pm
egallager wrote: July 16th, 2021, 4:46 pm
Lord-Knightmare wrote: July 13th, 2021, 4:47 pm
Scenario - Caverns of Flame
  • It's alright
  • i played on the save file i had from egallager since I lost all my saves after my laptop crashed and the restored one did not seem to have the save files
  • the dwarf lich's arcane resistance seems aberrant. +10%, shouldn't it be negative?
  • Not much else to say. Enemy leaders are overly aggressive, but it's fine
Oh, one other thing I thought to ask about:
Scenario - Caverns of Flame
About the enemy leaders being aggressive, which ones did you mean specifically? I only gave one of them an AI that I intended specifically to be "aggressive", so I want to make sure it was the right one.
all of them, but it was okay. One thing I would point out is that the ambience wasn't "caverns of flame" enough for me
can you adjust the color to be a bit..warmer?
Is there a way to do that? I don't know how currently...
UMC 101: if you don't know, look into a mainline campaign's code. For instance, volcanic underground is in HttT's code. :lol:
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
egallager

Post by egallager »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: July 18th, 2021, 12:30 am UMC 101: if you don't know, look into a mainline campaign's code. For instance, volcanic underground is in HttT's code. :lol:
ok, added here: https://github.com/cooljeanius/The_Earths_Gut/commit/b64c92520d9996186101103955251b6f9a651367
Last edited by egallager on June 16th, 2022, 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
egallager

Post by egallager »

Here's a new potfile; it contains a bunch more comments for translators compared to the one I uploaded previously:
TEG.pot.gz
new potfile for TEG
(60.56 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
egallager

Post by egallager »

I've put out a new release, v0.3.1! It's on the 1.14 add-on server. Details about this release can be found in the corresponding GitHub tag here: https://github.com/cooljeanius/The_Earths_Gut/releases/tag/0.3.1
Last edited by egallager on June 16th, 2022, 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
egallager

Re: The Earth's Gut for BfW 1.16

Post by egallager »

So, I'm trying to port this to 1.16, but am running into some issues; if anyone knows how to help, I'd appreciate it:
egallager

Post by egallager »

egallager wrote: June 16th, 2022, 5:22 am So, I'm trying to port this to 1.16, but am running into some issues; if anyone knows how to help, I'd appreciate it:
Update: I've fixed the first one of these; I'm still considering the second one a blocker for uploading to the BfW 1.16 add-on server, though...
egallager

Post by egallager »

egallager wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 4:04 am
egallager wrote: June 16th, 2022, 5:22 am So, I'm trying to port this to 1.16, but am running into some issues; if anyone knows how to help, I'd appreciate it:
Update: I've fixed the first one of these; I'm still considering the second one a blocker for uploading to the BfW 1.16 add-on server, though...
...and, thanks to some help from celmin, I've now fixed that issue! TEG 0.4.0 is now available on the BfW 1.16 add-on server; the corresponding GitHub tag for it is here: https://github.com/cooljeanius/The_Earths_Gut/releases/tag/0.4.0
(well ok actually it's https://github.com/cooljeanius/The_Earths_Gut/releases/tag/0.4.0.1 but that's just because I made a mistake in uploading, so let's jut ignore that)
egallager

Post by egallager »

TEG is now available in Japanese! The release with the new Japanese translation is 0.4.1: https://github.com/cooljeanius/The_Earths_Gut/releases/tag/0.4.1
egallager

Post by egallager »

possible new release coming soon; just need to hear back from a few people before I decide how I'm going to do this...
egallager

Post by egallager »

egallager wrote: December 30th, 2022, 7:50 am possible new release coming soon; just need to hear back from a few people before I decide how I'm going to do this...
OK here it is, TEG 0.5.0, available on the BfW 1.16 add-on server: https://github.com/cooljeanius/The_Earths_Gut/releases/tag/0.5.0
The release notes are kinda long, so please click through to view them!
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Hello!

While it might have been nicer to ask, I feel flattered anyway. So you are now the new maintainer of my campaign, congrats!

The original repository was on wesnoth-umc-dev:

Code: Select all

[svn-remote "svn"]
	#url = https://wesnoth-umc-dev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wesnoth-umc-dev/trunk/The_Earths_Gut
	url = svn+ssh://anonymissimus@svn.code.sf.net/p/wesnoth-umc-dev/code/trunk/The_Earths_Gut
	fetch = :refs/remotes/git-svn
whose history you might want to preserve. Perhaps re-import and reapply all your work as patches ? But it's no big loss, as it seems the 1.12 addon server version you started with was the last I did anything for. I still have the local git-svn clone on my harddrive as well.
Have fun!

EDIT
Oh, you actually did ask. Sry!
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
egallager

Post by egallager »

Oh hi Anonymissimus, good to see you back! I apologize for any ways in which my changes might have deviated from your original vision; I blame Lord-Knightmare for asking me to port this in the first place!
Anonymissimus wrote: February 11th, 2023, 1:09 am Perhaps re-import and reapply all your work as patches ?
Hm, I wonder how to automate that? This is kind of the situation where I wish I had ESR's reposurgeon expertise...
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I blame Lord-Knightmare for asking me to port this in the first place!
??
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
egallager

Post by egallager »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: February 11th, 2023, 1:48 am
I apologize for any ways in which my changes might have deviated from your original vision; I blame Lord-Knightmare for asking me to port this in the first place!
??
I mean:
Lord-Knightmare wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 12:32 pm
I'm kinda wondering what I should do once I get to the "end" (as it currently stands)? Should I try finishing writing the missing scenarios myself, or just upload it (to the 1.14 server) as-is once I'm done with the existing scenarios?
As the current maintainer, you're somewhat obligated to present a satisfactory ending to the campaign. However, how you achieve that is up to you. I would suggest uploading the 18-scenarios to enable feedback so you can improve on the existing scenarios and then gradually proceed with the remaining scenarios.
...anyways, I have just published a new release of TEG: version 0.5.1 is now available on the BfW 1.16 add-on server! This is a minor bugfix release; release notes for it are available in its corresponding GitHub tag, here: https://github.com/cooljeanius/The_Earths_Gut/releases/tag/0.5.1
egallager

Post by egallager »

Anonymissimus wrote: February 11th, 2023, 1:09 am So you are now the new maintainer of my campaign, congrats!
btw, @Anonymissimus, just wondering if you'll be returning to help us figure out how to fix up some of the issues that we have uncovered while porting this campaign to newer versions of Wesnoth? Some of them are beyond my skill level, and even for the ones where they are within my skill level, having some additional answers about what exactly your original intent was could be helpful: https://github.com/cooljeanius/The_Earths_Gut/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+sort%3Aupdated-desc