campaign: Rebellion During the Dark Age

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Huston

campaign: Rebellion During the Dark Age

Post by Huston »

This is my first campaign and i just wanted to know what everyone thinks about it. right now it is almost complete and almost 100% bug free . nothing that makes the game crash mind you. it also has yet to be balanced . in my last release i changed a few things early on in the game so i suggest restarting the campaign.

if you have any suggestions concerning balancing it or any comments(good or bad) please feel free to post them.

please also post anything you encounter that you think could possibly be a bug or error.

Thanks.
CountPenguin

Re: campaign: Rebellion During the Dark Age

Post by CountPenguin »

i just downloaded it, but i dont have time to play until tomorrow. ill give some comments when i do though!

although just from loading the first scenario, i would say that you should have differnet names for either horace or horatio; they sound very similar (unless its supposed to be like that for something i havent gotten to yet)

and horatio's ambush ability doesn't work
EDIT: it works now, but it didnt on the first turn when i moved him into the forest. strange...
CountPenguin

Currently working on Siege of Soradoc. Except not anymore, but you can take over if you want!
Kelben

Post by Kelben »

I tried it also and one little thing which is useless (I mailed you about it by the way Huston).

You have 5 or 6 awesome units in the bottom right hand corner. Awesome because having all the traits combined. Fearless is useless for neutral units...
-WAR- Wesnoth Allied Rebels
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Capitalization and spelling errors abound in your campaign.

For Scenario 1, it seems a bit odd that someone traveling with bodyguards is a peasant. Why not borrow one of the sprites floating around, like the merchant one, to use as a non-combatant individual?

For Scenario 3, the second combat scenario, there is a 0 gold recruit in the recruit list that, if recruited, will crash the campaign.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Huston

Post by Huston »

i noticed the zero gold recruit and it has been fixed.
i am also uploading my 1.0.0 version of the campaign sometime today or tomorrow and the fearless traits have been removed from the neutral units.

I also changed Horace's name
TheGreatRings

Post by TheGreatRings »

Just downloaded it, and I'm playing it now.
"One man alone cannot fight the future"-
The X-files

"Send these foul beasts into the abyss"-Gandalf
Huston

Post by Huston »

Version 1.0.1 uploaded to server
DeepEnd

Post by DeepEnd »

Horatio has the ambush ability, but in the Under Attack scenario it doesn't work. No matter where he goes, everybody will be after him because he is an hardcoded target. You can't sneak him to the signpost. Because Horatio gets all the attentention I didn't recruit and let Girith make a run to the signpost. Only 7 turns and no fighting.

Maybe it's better to change the objective to only Girith reaching the signpost and to remove both (at least Horatio) hardcoded targets.
Huston

Post by Huston »

ok. well here's what i changed, i made it so that Girith is targeted just as much as Horatio instead of Horatio being targeted by 10 % more. and i lowered how much they are targeted. his ambush ability should be working too. i have yet to encounter it not working except for the first move of the first scenario(still don't know why). it should be easier to sneak him through now. P.S. when his ambush ability wasn't working. what level was he(in case it is something with the way i have it coded into his unit).

version 1.1.8 is on the server.
coded Rebellion During the Dark Age
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

The proper feedback thread may be found here.

At the request of the OP, locked.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time