A Vision Blinded (15 scenarios, all complete and working)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Adamant14

Re: A Vision Blinded (15 scenarios, all complete and working

Post by Adamant14 »

tamanegi wrote:EDIT: thank you for quick uploading :D But the path contains one additional ja directory. (translations/ja/ja/LC_MESSAGES) Please remove one of them!
Done
tamanegi wrote:This 79 gold seems to be strange and I think this gold tag should be removed.
You are right, this tag is a remain from a previous version of the code.
Thank you for noting this.

Both issues fixed, and uploaded.
Thank you
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
marat

Post by marat »

I wish a good time.

Russian translation of campaign is ready. (100%)
Attachments
wesnoth-A_Vision_Blinded.zip
.MO+.PO for version 1.0.8 (BfW 1.12)
(100.04 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

marat wrote:Russian translation of campaign is ready. (100%)
Russian translation added, thank you Marat.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

A Vision Blinded is available now also on the 1.13 server.
Poison

Post by Poison »

Nice campaign, good dialogue, I managed to cope at the notorious scenario 11 (and the river ran red) rather well and killed a leader too (on hard; first attempt; knowing how it went now I could probably manage 3/5 playing differently -which would give me a few gold too- but definitely not all I think except maybe with lots of luck (Didn't understand well the role of clan thematically though). The next scenario is too easy so gold is not necessary though. The mage was my best unit, I advanced him to silver mage (which I highly recommend) and he was invaluable in literally all the subsequent scenarios. The final scenario was really enjoyable, I like the fact that it had a time limit and enjoyed the tomato surprise too which got me really anxious. I went heavy on footpads rather than woses, I don't think it would be doable with woses on hard so the final dialogue maybe shouldn't focus heavily on that. The problem with the names still exists, my Siren was called Loris not Miranda as intended. No problem with id,xp etc though so not biggie (played at BfW v 1.13.10 Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Thank you for the feedback,
The problem with Mirandas name was easy to fix, thank you for pointing that out.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Almost a decade after its first release it holds quite well.

I can confirm that the Siren is now called Miranda, indeed.

Also, yes, definitely definitely the mobility of silver mages gives you a tactical advantage better than simply having raw firepower (after all, you have Trolls, Champions and Sylphs for the heavy combat).

For ‘And the river ran red’ I found that it's very easy if you stick to the mountains that are close by. The enemy cavalry immediately becomes useless and the others can be picked off by Sharpshooters, Champions, etc. The Fencers also become relatively useless if they can't move around.

In the last scenario, the fact that
Spoiler:
isn't advertised. I suspect this is on purpose…
holypaladin

Post by holypaladin »

Yes Poison.
Very good campaning :D
Many heroes many enemies

Cool
„Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam"
tamanegi

Re: A Vision Blinded (15 scenarios, all complete and working)

Post by tamanegi »

Hello, I updated the japanese translation (minor update, though).
Could you add it to the addon?
ja.zip
japanese translation
(49.42 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
(EDIT: replace attachment; po file is removed from the archive)
Discord: @tamanegi
It is true that we cannot be free from bugs, but at least let our bugs not always the same...
A Group in a War: my first campaign, An Independence War: and the sequel
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

:) It's nice to see people keep putting an effort into this, tamanegi.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

I added your reworked translation to the campaign, but only to the new 1.14 branch, but not to older versions of the game. Thank you for your time and work Tamanegi.
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

Thank you!
Discord: @tamanegi
It is true that we cannot be free from bugs, but at least let our bugs not always the same...
A Group in a War: my first campaign, An Independence War: and the sequel
Landiss

Post by Landiss »

I have just recently started this campaign and I had lots of fun so far, varied scenarios, not too difficult, playing elves always feel good. Until I got to the Emerging from the Depths scenario. Oh my god. Is the player expected to do a lot of savescumming to know what lies where, which way to go? Come on, it's ridiculous, in the caves you can barely see anything and it's difficult to see where to go.

So, I went in, killed the first enemy leader, rescued the mage, went back to the shortcut, being followed by constant stream of enemies, kill spider, kill bats, take bow, go down and surprise, there are lots of dwarves there to the south, but also coming from the northwest (others still following me from the north). It's taking ages to kill them and I'm barely moving. Should I have taken the extremely slow route through the bat cave (I followed it a bit with a troll, but it was all heavy rocks, my elves would go 1 hex per turn and I bet I'm not even sure that is the right way to go)...

Ughh, extremely not fun scenario. Superlong, too difficult and it seems to me it relies on player getting info from multiple playthroughs/reloading/some other cheating. I'm not sure I can force myself to try it again, which is a shame, because the previous scenarios in the campaign were really nice.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

The way to go is ‘down’ and you'd better go down both paths. Your main group should go down the main (left/west) path.
I started with 1× Elvish Rider, Kruurg (Troll Hero), 2× Troll Whelp, Quoscelia (Sylph), Alvelyn (Shyde), 1× Shyde, 1× Sylph and only started recruiting again in turn 9 after I'd killed the first leader and taken his gold, which made sure I could have more troops available than if I'd recruited everyone on turn 1.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Sc2, after you kill the green orc leader:
Diludyren: ...were part of the defenders of the a keep in the forests...