A Vision Blinded (15 scenarios, all complete and working)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: A Vision Blinded (15 scenarios, all complete and working)

Post by Konrad2 »

For the Checkmate
Alvelyns last breat event happens twice when she dies, followed by a <Lua> Repeated [endlevel] execution, ignoring
And I have no idea what she is trying to say when she dies.

EDIT:
Maybe give that baron a movement animation so you can see him walk to the chasm and jump? ^^
And the new loyal Outlaw you get at the end lacks a 'loyal' marker.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Sadaharu wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 4:47 am
Adamant14 wrote: December 17th, 2018, 4:32 pm I have the same feeling about those huge maps. :doh:
But I am not the creator of this campaign, only the maintainer, and I am unsure about making big changes. What is better, keep the campaign original, the way it once was created by LemmonTea, or make improvements and change it? :hmm:
I'm still a bit new to this forum, but as a compromise solution I could suggest that you start a new upload, perhaps as a fork, in case LemonTea one day comes back. Or that you ask the mods/other powers that be for a ruling and clarification.
I don't think that LemonTea will ever come back. And uploading another instance of AVB is not a good idea in my opinion. I maintain my own campaign, and maintain this campaign, and that is work enough for me. But if someone has good improvement ideas for AVB, I am willing to add them.
Sadaharu wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 4:47 amI personally like (some) big maps, even if ‘And the river ran red’ effectively becomes a race to get to the cluster of mountain tiles in the centre of the map and thus the enemy cavalry is a helpless waste of resources while your trolls and other units just bash anybody who tries to climb up on foot. Still, the idea of the mermaids and other units surviving the battle without even appearing is a bit odd.
Any suggestions, or improvement ideas?

Konrad2 wrote: February 4th, 2019, 9:33 am For the Checkmate
Alvelyns last breat event happens twice when she dies, followed by a <Lua> Repeated [endlevel] execution, ignoring
Fixed, thank you for noticing.
Konrad2 wrote: February 4th, 2019, 9:33 am Maybe give that baron a movement animation so you can see him walk to the chasm and jump? ^^
Good idea, done.
Konrad2 wrote: February 4th, 2019, 9:33 am And the new loyal Outlaw you get at the end lacks a 'loyal' marker.
Fixed, thank you for noticing.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

I think that hero death events triggering twice has happened to me in other scenarios and with other heroes too, but I don't have any saves to test unless I replay a scenario.
Adamant14 wrote: February 4th, 2019, 4:52 pmI don't think that LemonTea will ever come back. And uploading another instance of AVB is not a good idea in my opinion. I maintain my own campaign, and maintain this campaign, and that is work enough for me. But if someone has good improvement ideas for AVB, I am willing to add them.
It's your call. I keep postponing starting my own campaign myself, because I know how much time these things consume.
Adamant14 wrote: February 4th, 2019, 4:52 pmAny suggestions, or improvement ideas?
Well… if you don't want to start tweaking the scenario you could simply introduce some dialogue:
‘Their cavalry will swamp us!’
‘But they cannot get into the mountains.’
‘We will be safe if we get there. Thus we'll only have to deal with their infantry.’
‘Good idea. Hurry up!’
(this, perhaps, coupled with only allowing three turns of recruitment, because otherwise I have about 20 units that are either trolls, Elvish Sharpshooters or Shydes/Sylphs entangling enemy units until time runs out)

Perhaps giving the AI more or better infantry as well (the AI leaders could give the order to ‘dismount!’ once Quoscelia reaches the mountain massif) would work.

There's more complicated solutions, but they might mean having to do extensive editing and a lot of testing.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

And the River Ran Red
I decided to honor the scenario name and proved that you can hold the centre (taking some inevitable losses along the way because 'charge' :( ). (So please don't implement the changes mentioned above. xD)
AVB-And the River Ran Red replay.gz
(83.52 KiB) Downloaded 376 times

Back to 'bug' reports:
Regarding the Wesnothian army, the units on 7,70 and 4,70 and 2,72 are facing east instead of west (so they are kinda looking to run away).

EDIT:
Second Crossing
Spoiler:
EDIT 2:
For Auld Lang Syne, Nature's Fury
You are shown a world map, but there is no Journey Tracker.

EDIT 3:
The guards of side 3 (undead) appear after the dialog and are missing their 'loyal' marker.

EDIT 4:
I lost without being able to do anything about it. (Unless I'd decide to rush to my allies help immediatly.)
The Ancient Wose was killed by Wraiths and a Nightgaunt at night at turn 6. 20% defense is bad, who knew. xD
The main problem is that all of the allied units moved out of the way of the enemies.
Attachments
AVB-For Auld Lang Syne Turn 6.gz
(70.82 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Konrad2 wrote: February 12th, 2019, 9:17 pm And the River Ran Red
I decided to honor the scenario name and proved that you can hold the centre (taking some inevitable losses along the way because 'charge' :( ). (So please don't implement the changes mentioned above. xD)
Are you sure about that?

Konrad2 wrote: February 12th, 2019, 9:17 pm Regarding the Wesnothian army, the units on 7,70 and 4,70 and 2,72 are facing east instead of west (so they are kinda looking to run away).
Fixed

Konrad2 wrote: February 12th, 2019, 9:17 pm The guards of side 3 (undead) appear after the dialog and are missing their 'loyal' marker.
Fixed
Konrad2 wrote: February 12th, 2019, 9:17 pm I lost without being able to do anything about it. (Unless I'd decide to rush to my allies help immediatly.)
The Ancient Wose was killed by Wraiths and a Nightgaunt at night at turn 6. 20% defense is bad, who knew. xD
The main problem is that all of the allied units moved out of the way of the enemies.
OK, I made a change to the Woses AI, hope that stops that behaviour.
And I gave them a better defence on their own castle.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Yes, because it's up to the player how to win this scenario. (A better argument would be that making the elves say that they can't win...doesn't fit with their displayed belief of being superior no matter the odds.)
Last edited by Konrad2 on March 2nd, 2019, 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Ah, that's a good point, the elves had better remain in character.

So, a suggestion (or not!): to give the player the alternative and still remain true to the charaterisation of the protagonists, the trolls could suggest they play fight better in the mountains and then the Elves could be disparaging about that. If Quoscelia reaches the mountains the trolls or Alvelyn could remind her of her earlier comments and thus indirectly upbraid the player.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Nature's Fury
It would be cool if there was a lose condition for enemys reaching the grove like thing. It would fit the mood and explain the guardians.
All those loyal guard units have no 'loyal' marker.
It would be helpful if you scrolled to the ones Mal'Startin raises. (Speaking of the event when an allied leader dies.)
Even if you kill Mal'Startin with an Ancient Wose the first time, he will rise again.
He also changes his name after reviving, to Mal Startin.
spawling -> sprawling (probably?)

For Auld Lang Syne
The Ancient Wose has no traits but somehow he will have some next scenario. Miracles have their uses apparently.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Just a small thing, but the campaign awards (most times) the wrong laurel/wreath upon completion. (Apparently caused by using the old difficulties syntax.)
Details as to why and how to fix it can be found in issue #3983.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I found out just now that the Horse Clans actually live west from the River Weldyn, which contradicts with 'And the River Ran Red'.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Adamant14 wrote: ...
Hey, just started this campaign and I've reached the second scenario with found Lua Error. When Diludyren dies, it pops up:

Code: Select all

<Lua> Repeated [endlevel] execution, ignoring
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

DukeSwampy wrote: August 24th, 2020, 6:16 am Hey, just started this campaign and I've reached the second scenario with found Lua Error. When Diludyren dies, it pops up:

<Lua> Repeated [endlevel] execution, ignoring
Fixed, thanks for reporting.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

Scenario 06 has three copies of this block of code. However increase_total should only be used for apply_to=hitpoints, for movement points it should simply be increase.

[effect]
    apply_to=movement
    increase_total=-1
[/effect]
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

I changed those lines, thank you for noticing.
I wonder how you stumbled upon it. :)