SHORTEST CAMPAIGN EVER: The Final Exam

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elven

Re: SHORTEST CAMPAIGN EVER: The Final Exam

Post by Elven »

so... are you able to play 4th scenario, called "Lakes" or not? well, your replay of the 3rd scenario is very interesting, mostly because you didnt use that fencer at all. only on the end of the scenario you started to move him a little. Point is to have a unit able to see the fight between elves and orcs. Of course, on easy it is not very important. I personally used him to kill some almost dead orcs :)
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of many campaigns. Everything is here on one place.
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

No, I cannot play the last scenario. Sorry that I did not make it clear. This error prevents from doing so. I have no idea what terrain is it supposed to be.
Well, yes, I did not move that fencer. I did it only before the end to see if some orcs are between me and elves. I expected to see some ones but the path was clear.
Elven

Post by Elven »

James_The_Invisible wrote:No, I cannot play the last scenario. Sorry that I did not make it clear. This error prevents from doing so. I have no idea what terrain is it supposed to be.
Well, yes, I did not move that fencer. I did it only before the end to see if some orcs are between me and elves. I expected to see some ones but the path was clear.
okay, 2.5.3 is out. now it should work on older versions of wesnoth. it was some debris...
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of many campaigns. Everything is here on one place.
James_The_Invisible

Finished the last scenario and loved it :). I find the map pretty nice but until the end, I did not realise that I have a village at its very bottom.
For the battle: I decided to fight alongside the elves near the volcano. But before I could get my whole party to the bridge the orcs killed almost all elves who crossed the river. My veterans quickly executed the orcs with lost of just one fencer. Then orcs managed to form a new defense. They approached me led by their warlord. Nearly dead Jessin killed a bit wounded wolf ride while Johnny with a heavy infrantyman took care of an grunt next to him. Erika (as red mage) with royal guard attacked the orcish warlord. He was still standing so a swordsman had to deal the final blow. But I did not win by doing it, I had to wait for the next turn. Killing the enemy leader with most soldiers of his army took me 12 turns.
I was again suprised with 2 new units on my recruit list, especially with the wose. I think that a bit more gold would come in handy. Also, I think that the death of elves leader could be a defeat condition. I came to help them, right? And you could give Jessin a hero icon. It is pretty easy to forgot that he is not allowed to die.
I woul join the replay but it again crashes my Wesnoth. Same error as previously.
Elven

Post by Elven »

James_The_Invisible wrote:Finished the last scenario and loved it :). I find the map pretty nice but until the end, I did not realise that I have a village at its very bottom.
For the battle: I decided to fight alongside the elves near the volcano. But before I could get my whole party to the bridge the orcs killed almost all elves who crossed the river. My veterans quickly executed the orcs with lost of just one fencer. Then orcs managed to form a new defense. They approached me led by their warlord. Nearly dead Jessin killed a bit wounded wolf ride while Johnny with a heavy infrantyman took care of an grunt next to him. Erika (as red mage) with royal guard attacked the orcish warlord. He was still standing so a swordsman had to deal the final blow. But I did not win by doing it, I had to wait for the next turn. Killing the enemy leader with most soldiers of his army took me 12 turns.
I was again suprised with 2 new units on my recruit list, especially with the wose. I think that a bit more gold would come in handy. Also, I think that the death of elves leader could be a defeat condition. I came to help them, right? And you could give Jessin a hero icon. It is pretty easy to forgot that he is not allowed to die.
I woul join the replay but it again crashes my Wesnoth. Same error as previously.

great, i will try to do all the changes to the campaign. btw i hope you dont cry... i mean for that not exactly happyend...
James_The_Invisible

No. I did not like it so much but I guess that this could happen. After all, she killed pretty much orcs and even one warlord. Well, maybe I will play this campaign again in the future.
Elven

Post by Elven »

with a LOT of changes, 2.6.0 is uploaded and waiting for testers. replays and tips are more then welcome :) if you want to play the Final Exam, open Wesnoth and add-on manager any try it :)
Pepe

Post by Pepe »

Hello,

Here is spanish translation (100%).

I dont know if AI is lately active maintaining add-on translations.

Pepe
----------------------------------
Attachments
wesnoth-The_Final_Exam.zip
(11.03 KiB) Downloaded 436 times
Elven

Post by Elven »

Pepe wrote:Hello,

Here is spanish translation (100%).

I dont know if AI is lately active maintaining add-on translations.

Pepe
----------------------------------
many thanks :) if you wish to translate something to slovak or czech, let me know :)
TreefeedXavier

Post by TreefeedXavier »

It`s 1.12 translation of TFE on russian: use with happines.
Attachments
TheFinalExam.zip
(25.17 KiB) Downloaded 471 times
Russian translation of UMC`s for you, including: A_Rough_Life, Ooze-Mini, The White Troll, Inky's Quest & many others. If you find any translation errors in UMC - contact me.
umberdragonfire

Post by umberdragonfire »

The third scenario is very easy if you happen to have levelled up your main character and chosen to become a White Mage :)
Apparently, the game does not care how the healing was done, so you can use your healing powers instead what you were supposed to do.
Elven

Post by Elven »

version 2.6.2 for wesnoth 1.3.x is out
Elven

Post by Elven »

umberdragonfire wrote:The third scenario is very easy if you happen to have levelled up your main character and chosen to become a White Mage :)
Apparently, the game does not care how the healing was done, so you can use your healing powers instead what you were supposed to do.
there is a LOT of possibilities how to cure a poisoned units. like leveling up the unit, white make, elvish healers, villages... so there is more than one possibilty.
Elven

Post by Elven »

Mayor version 2.7 is out! And... here is changelog for 2.6 - 2.7 :) hope you like it :)

- in scenario 4, Erika can cast brutally powerful spells
- scenario 4 map changed to make it more easy
- modified elves AI in scenario 4
- Dask start with some experience
- Johnny is now a Sergeant
- because Johnny is a more important unit, enemy leaders have more gold on all diffs and maps
- small changes and fixes

- port to 1.13
- simpolified wose recruit

- few grammar fixes (thx to Chewan)
- Chewan added to credits

- removed ability to recruit woses in scen4, if hero wose is not found in scen3
- Dask introduced himself, talking about bridge
- scenario 4 map have a secret way to the south region, few other changes
- scenario 4 have new losing condition - death of elvish leader
- few small changes
- SKELETON!!!
- Jessin have hero icon
PapaSmurfReloaded

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded »

Just a little comment, in the 3rd scenario, the fencer says he "hearded" about some strange trees, I believe it would be "heard".
Otherwise, it was a nice campaign.

Spoilers.
Spoiler: