New campaign: The three elves

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elven

Re: New campaign: The three elves

Post by Elven »

torangan wrote:Could people stop to add files with spaces in the names? This breaks translations.
spaces in the names? you mean for example "Samin Leafstel" ?
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of many campaigns. Everything is here on one place.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Elven wrote:
torangan wrote:Could people stop to add files with spaces in the names? This breaks translations.
spaces in the names? you mean for example "Samin Leafstel" ?
Yeah, "files with spaces in the names" obviously means files which contain text which contains someone's name which has a space in it. :roll:
Elven

Post by Elven »

zookeeper wrote:
Elven wrote: spaces in the names? you mean for example "Samin Leafstel" ?
Yeah, "files with spaces in the names" obviously means files which contain text which contains someone's name which has a space in it. :roll:
okay so all names as one word. i have work to do :)
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of many campaigns. Everything is here on one place.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

This is none of my business, but it looks like there's a communication failure in progress:

You can't have a file called "Samin Leafstel.cfg", change it to "Samin_Leafstel.cfg"
You can't have a textdomain called "Samin Leafstel", change it to "Samin_Leafstel"
If you have a unit named "Samin Leafstel", that is not the problem.
Elven

Post by Elven »

doofus-01 wrote:This is none of my business, but it looks like there's a communication failure in progress:

You can't have a file called "Samin Leafstel.cfg", change it to "Samin_Leafstel.cfg"
You can't have a textdomain called "Samin Leafstel", change it to "Samin_Leafstel"
If you have a unit named "Samin Leafstel", that is not the problem.

what? i renamed all units with 2 names...

I do not do anything with cfg, all files have only one word, for example greyranger.cfg
textdomain is wesnoth-The_Three_Elves
name Samin Leafstel was renamed to Samin. If it is not a problem, than OK, i do not need to rename more units.

But i do not know WHY this discussion started then...
Mellar

Post by Mellar »

The "A new alliance" scenario is pretty easy, but it contains a lot of bugs. I can't load a saved game, because I get the "Attempt to create a unit on the recall list for side 5, which does not have a recall list" error. Scenario goal is to defeat Gawin, and that's why I go straight north after defeating Nerium Stormcrow. I've tried killing Gawin with both Samin (which is immune to Gawins magic?) and other units. I get the same error every time. A lot of undead shows up and an Ancient Lich in the mountains when I kill Gawin. He turns into a Spectre, a dialogue is displayed and then the campaign ends with me defeated.

I've only tested the campaign in easy.
Elven

Post by Elven »

Mellar wrote:The "A new alliance" scenario is pretty easy, but it contains a lot of bugs. I can't load a saved game, because I get the "Attempt to create a unit on the recall list for side 5, which does not have a recall list" error. Scenario goal is to defeat Gawin, and that's why I go straight north after defeating Nerium Stormcrow. I've tried killing Gawin with both Samin (which is immune to Gawins magic?) and other units. I get the same error every time. A lot of undead shows up and an Ancient Lich in the mountains when I kill Gawin. He turns into a Spectre, a dialogue is displayed and then the campaign ends with me defeated.

I've only tested the campaign in easy.
well, yes. and i have no idea about how to fix it :(
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Mellar wrote:Scenario goal is to defeat Gawin, and that's why I go straight north after defeating Nerium Stormcrow. I've tried killing Gawin with both Samin (which is immune to Gawins magic?) and other units. I get the same error every time. A lot of undead shows up and an Ancient Lich in the mountains when I kill Gawin. He turns into a Spectre, a dialogue is displayed and then the campaign ends with me defeated.
That is not an error. I do not know why he did not explain it to you, but that is exactly how Elven has it coded, the scenario just has an event that triggers victory after the undead appear.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Elven

Post by Elven »

i know, but that autosave problem i cannot repair. so i was not able to play to that event with undead, because i played it 20 times and still one of the main characters died... so autosave... and it was not working :(

Turuk wrote:
Mellar wrote:Scenario goal is to defeat Gawin, and that's why I go straight north after defeating Nerium Stormcrow. I've tried killing Gawin with both Samin (which is immune to Gawins magic?) and other units. I get the same error every time. A lot of undead shows up and an Ancient Lich in the mountains when I kill Gawin. He turns into a Spectre, a dialogue is displayed and then the campaign ends with me defeated.
That is not an error. I do not know why he did not explain it to you, but that is exactly how Elven has it coded, the scenario just has an event that triggers victory after the undead appear.
GangrN

Post by GangrN »

Hi

I am playing on Hard
I am playing the beginning of the scenario "a new alliance".
two bugs so far:
on the end of first turn in "a new alliance", game crashes. This is due to a typing error in recruitements list ("Roque" for "Rogue")

At the end of the scenario "Rise of the Undead", when you kill Tademanar, game crashes. There is a spelling problem with the horse sound displayed by the elvish messenger (unknown sound file).

I manually edited the files to overcome the problem.

I am on Wesnoth 1.10.2 for Linux; in fact it sems to happen with each [sound]: the same when Gawin turns people into undead
Last edited by GangrN on May 2nd, 2013, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

GangrN
trewe
Translator

Post by trewe »

Thanks, I have fixed them.
ossi1970

Post by ossi1970 »

GangrN wrote: ...At the end of the scenario "Rise of the Undead", when you kill Tademanar, game crashes. There is a spelling problem with the horse sound displayed by the elvish messenger (unknown sound file).

I manually edited the files to overcome the problem...
I've got the same problem.
What needs to do? Sorry, I'm a Newbie...

Edit: OK, problem solved: I have played the scenario again (with TTE Version 1.0.3). Thanks.
Radh

Post by Radh »

Quick typo: at the end of Scenario 1, Merhil says "Do you want is?" It should be "Do you want it?"

Later in the dialogue, Teddy also says "Then our onited army..."

Also, I noticed the writing in general is a little loose. If you want help with the writing, feel free to contact me.
gloccusv

Post by gloccusv »

Thanks for a fun campaign. The gameplay is nice and varied, although I think that the first scenario is rather difficult for a novice level campaign, mainly because your ally just sends all his troops into the river to be turned into walking corpses.

There appears to be a typo in 8_A_New_Alliance.cfg (campaign version 1.0.4).

On line 380, it says sound="zombie-hit-4.ogg,zombie-hit-5.ogg,zombie-hit-6.ogg" when it should say name="zombie-hit-4.ogg,zombie-hit-5.ogg,zombie-hit-6.ogg"

This completely messed up the event and left me with no way of winning the game; even wiping out every enemy unit on the map did not bring victory. However, I replayed after changing "sound" to "name" and it worked fine.
Author of SP campaigns An Undead Incursion, A Beastly Tale and A Northern Village
and Asymmetric Widescreen theme for 1.12 & 1.14.
osaridsaris

Post by osaridsaris »

Spoiler: