RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.3.2- 10.07.2020

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TrashMan

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.3.3

Post by TrashMan »

Back to the drawing board.... :(

More alterations in progress:
- Scenario 12 and 15, maps slightly altered, more banter added
- a chest with anti-venom added to scenario 12. The unit that picks it up will be able to unpoison for the rest of the scenario
- also added a few more survivors
- will probably alter the Giant Spider and Yeti as enemies, as it is they are a pain in the ass to deal with in a survival scenario given their high damage and poison, which results in lots of save-scumming.

Annoyance:
[if]
[have_unit]
[/have_unit]
[/if]

Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Irritating. Interestingly enough it seem to work fine for enemies, but not for my own units. :hmm:
For example, at the end of Scenario 9, Galad (the elvish rider) should leave to warn Ashendale. He does not..

QUESTION:
In scenario 10 (the one with the port and evacuation) I give the player a single healer unit, but he doesn't get to keep it. The player doesn't get mages to recruit till scenario 15. Should I let him keep the healer?
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
GodlyDragon

Post by GodlyDragon »

Hi TrashMan, I've got an idea (Feel free to say no if you don't want, I won't blame you :P ) : you could create a special Crusader unit version for Ellderon and Lotion who could evolve beyond the Holy Avenger and the Phoenix Knight (only for these two, not the others soldiers) and only they could have special AMLA (along with Ittllien and Aquae). If you says yes but you don't have any ideas, I could give you some (I have a lot of good ideas but I'm REALLY a noob to create and encode :oops: ).

And for your question, we should keep Melodia for the coming scenarioes, that would be nice.
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

They already have special AMLAS

All 4 heroes have.
There are more advanced AMLA choices once you've taken prequisites. But you won't see them if you only take the same choice over and over.

Taking SPEED and STRENGTH unlocks QUICKSTRIKE, for example

Should really make a list.
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
GodlyDragon

Post by GodlyDragon »

I know they already have AMLA, what I wanted to say is that the "normal" Holy Avenger and Phoenix Knight have specials AMLA too, like heroes. You could separate Ellderon and Lotion from "normal" class AND give them an extra level 5 "evolution" ( why did the crusader pass from level 3 to level 5 by the way? ) Sorry if I wasn't clear in my previous message ( If I'm still not clear let me know ).

I've found another bug: in the Monolith scenario, you don't get your max HP back when the monolith is destroyed
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Level is basically upkeep cost.
That is why they are lvl 5. So they cost more.

I could seperate them yes.
Still mulling over a few things.
Do I make Aque a Grand Sorceress only after the Council scenario (same as Lotion and Ellderon chance class then)?
Do I give the player one healing unit earlier in the game?
Decisions, decisions...

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

No oppinions?

How about this - changing scenario 12 New World (possibly 16, Icy Peaks) so that you must gather food or die. Basically more explorations.
Also more stuff to find. Items, units, etc...

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
GodlyDragon

Post by GodlyDragon »

You want the opinion of somebody, I'll give you mine : it would make more sense if Aquae became a Grand Sorceress after the Council scenario ( since she will have months to study human magic ) and Itillien could have a custom unit too, what do you think? It would also be nice to have a healer at the begining of the campaign ( the only ones we can have are the Paladins, they are hard to get and thier Healing skills are pretty bad ). For the 12th and 16th scenarios, it's a nice idea you had so yes, it would make them more realistic AND we could gather some stuff on the way.
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Some progress update:
- added more banter to some places. Half of it is still not triggering due to [have_unit] not detecting my units for some reason.

- altered maps to make them more beautiful. Added clutter and stuff on them.

- Scenario 12 now has more things to find, including more survivors. It pays to explore

- Replaced Giant Spider in scenario 12 with Jungle Spider (slightly weaker) and Yeti in scenario 17 with WYeti (weaker)

- All healing tents in previous scenarios are now units that do area healing. Will see about adding a caravan unit that can deploy into a tent (need code for this)

- Tweaks to units. More use for some units like Shield Guards and Swordmasters. For example, Shield guards can now shield bash, dazing an opponent (I could add a possible knockback too. I have the code, but didn't test it)

New Unit for Ithilien? Hmm...would have to find graphics for it. Or I could place an item or two specifically for her.

Don't know when the new version will be up. It depends on what I cram in there.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
3Lorde

Post by 3Lorde »

The map "Revelations" is very confusing... I don´t know win this map... Mission "Find BlackPrower", I found a house that correct, after will go for tower, and de text say:"Setting BlackPrower" and don't happened anything... I don't know what i can do...
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Until I fix that, you can do nothing.

It's a bug. Wait for the next release.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

hey,
just played the campaign until the scenario with the dam. I guess you have a fix for this scenario, so i'll wait until it's out. So far I've only had a few minor bugs, nothing gamebreaking.
1. The cleave ability: It seems you fixed the bug with the endlless loop (one i reported a few pages back in the topic), but its still not perfect. It works as it should, but it's also hurting the enemy that is just being killed. You should exclude that unit in the filter when you check for the enemies to hurt. that being said, the enemy dies anyway, so it is more cosmetic than a bug.

2. Overlays: Very often you seem to want to give units overlays that are not existing. From time to time some heroes, then again the elvish civillians (or even the blackpowder unit in the dam scenario). The thing is that the image/s is/are not found by the game. I suggest checking the image path.

3. It would be nice if every loyal unit would get the loyal overlay. It has often happened to me that I didn't discover that a unit was loyal until it was too late.
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Implementor37

Post by Implementor37 »

Paulomat4 wrote: It would be nice if every loyal unit would get the loyal overlay
This can quickly and easily be done by putting

Code: Select all

{IS_LOYAL}
into the definition of any unit being created. There is no need to manually do typical actions like this covered by utility macros (covered here). The same works for heroes {IS_HERO} and expendable leaders {IS_EXPENDABLE_LEADER}.
Author of End of the Legion, available now on the 1.12 and 1.13 servers!
Supporter of the addition of the Aragwaithi into mainline.
MerlinCross

Post by MerlinCross »

Paulomat4 wrote:2. Overlays: Very often you seem to want to give units overlays that are not existing. From time to time some heroes, then again the elvish civillians (or even the blackpowder unit in the dam scenario). The thing is that the image/s is/are not found by the game. I suggest checking the image path.
Yeah this is happening to me too.
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Expect a new version today of tomorrow with everything mentioned fixed.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.3.4

Post by TrashMan »

New half-version. List of things:

- added more banter to some places.
- altered some maps to make them more beautiful. Added clutter and stuff on them.
- Scenario 12 now has more things to find, including more survivors. It pays to explore
- a chest with anti-venom added to scenario 12. The unit that picks it up will be able to unpoison for the rest of the scenario
- Replaced Giant Spider in scenario 12 with Jungle Spider (slightly weaker) and Yeti in scenario 17 with WYeti (weaker)
- All healing tents in previous scenarios are now units that do area healing. Will see about adding a caravan unit that can deploy into a tent (need code for this)
- Scenario 26 fixed, now works properly
- Marshal Cailan gets a new portrait
- Tweaks to units. More use for some units like Shield Guards and Swordmasters. For example, Shield guards can now shield bash, dazing an opponent (I could add a possible knockback too. I have the code, but didn't test it)
- Grand Sorceress, Phoenix Knight and Holy Avenger damage nerfed a bit
Tons of stuff

KNOWN PROBLEM:
Scenario 27 is showing a weird, WEIRD bug. So you'll be stuck there until I fix it.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<