How do I use downloaded campaigns!

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

colpittss

How do I use downloaded campaigns!

Post by colpittss »

Please forgive....Have downloaded two of the first campaigns (A New Land, Extended MP Era), I would like to play them (presuming they are campaigns like the campaigns that came with the game) yet they are not in my campaign list nor in my load menu. They are in the program folder for the game (C:\Program Files\Wesnoth 1.4.5\userdata\data\campaigns). I have tried copying them into the campaign folder (C:\Program Files\Wesnoth 1.4.5\data\campaigns)...no dice. How do you play downloaded campaigns? Playing version 1.4.5 with windows XP.
Thank You
Love the Game!
Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: How do I use downloaded campaigns!

Post by Turuk »

Ah, it's because neither of what you downloaded are campaigns.

A New Land is a multiplayer scenario and Extended MP Era is a group of extra factions to play with in MP (needed for some campaigns as well).

The add-on server is a mix of content, and if you are looking for more campaigns, you can check the forum prior to downloading to see if what you are about to download is in fact an add-on.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Iah

Post by Iah »

How can I use "Imperial Era", "Galactic Empires" and "Wild Era" ?

I downloaded the zips but I don't know where to place them.

And I can't use the "add-ons" function in the game, it doesn't wants to connect to the server, I can't play online or host a game either. :|
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

The Eras can go in your userdata file in the same spot as all the other add-ons go. When you play a multiplayer game, if you click the button to choose your era, you will see them appear in your list of choices.

As to your connectivity issue, that sounds like a lack of Wesnoth having access to the internet?
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Iak: unpack them to <Wesnoth installation dir>\userdata\data\campaigns (creating the dir if needed) in Windows, or <home dir>/.wesnoth/data/campaigns (creating the dir if needed) in GNU/Linux or other UNIX-like systems.

You might be behind a firewall blocking the add-on server ports (15000something).

If you are using Windows, you may also need a 3rd party program such as 7-Zip, WinRAR or WinZip to unpack the add-on properly - and pay attention to options such as "preserve directory structure".
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Iah

Post by Iah »

Hum I tried to put them in data-campaigns and in userdate-campaigns but I don't see them when I click "campaign" on the game menu. :hmm:
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

What exactly have you downloaded? None of those listed so far are campaigns, which might be why you do not see them.

Try to download Flight to Freedom, it will be near the relative top of the list. That should appear as a campaign if you restart Wesnoth and click on campaigns.