Dead Water 1.0 for BfW 1.8

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

beetlenaut
Developer

Re: Merman campaign: Dead Water (0.9.13/14)

Post by beetlenaut »

I've been very busy lately, but I had a little time today, and updated several things in the 1.5 version. I added some reef terrain, rewrote the drake's dialog, made it much harder for the slaves to kill the saurian slavers, and made a couple small cosmetic changes. I also stuck in my sprite for the level-3 king. It's not animated, but neither are the new mermen, so it's OK. I've been meaning to animate him for months now, and haven't gotten to it. I'm hoping someone else will take it on. So, I'm posting the GIMP file for the warrior king. I'm the only person in the credits right now, but you can get in there by doing a nice animation! The other levels for the king don't really match the style of the new mermen, so if you want to take a stab at fixing them up, that would be great too. (Note: I won't accept anything that is not at least as good as the current stuff. I don't want the campaign to get worse.)
Animate this guy for fame and fortune!
Animate this guy for fame and fortune!
warrior_king.png (4.4 KiB) Viewed 5097 times
warrior_king.xcf
Layered file for the GIMP.
(17.23 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
Luke the Flaming wrote:I'm not sure that there is a reason of the (first) dialogue between Kai Krellis and Tyegea
There had to be a reason for Kai Krellis to go on this whole mission himself.

Edit: Also, if you want to give feedback on a scenario, please use the new Add-on Feedback thread.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Merman campaign: Dead Water (0.9.15)

Post by zookeeper »

The music track names are wrong at least in Talking to Tyegëa: they have underscores whereas the real filenames have dashes. Can cause a nasty freeze in 1.6, it seems...

Also, you should update Tyegëa's portrait with the transparent one from UtBS. And probably use some completely different one for Caladon, since no transparent version of that hideous old silver mage portrait exists.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

scenario The_Mage:

You let Teeloa say some things, but we don't know if he is alive at that point and you don't use [have_unit] (for Gwabbo you do).
I must say, your code is quite readable, macros at the right places, nice comments. Useful as an example-code :).

/edit
and a severe problem, same scenario:
"Friendly bat" is also affected by the code that makes the hostile bats disappear...:(
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
opensourcejunkie

Post by opensourcejunkie »

One nice feature of [message] is that if the unit isn't present, the message isn't displayed. Thus if the conversation can flow well even without a given message, it isn't necessary to encase it in a [have_unit] if. That might be the case here.
what if the Bible's claims about Christ depicted accurate, verifiable history? given some research, you might be surprised at the evidence...
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

opensourcejunkie wrote:One nice feature of [message] is that if the unit isn't present, the message isn't displayed. Thus if the conversation can flow well even without a given message, it isn't necessary to encase it in a [have_unit] if. That might be the case here.
Yes. Teeloa says something two times, the first time it doesn't matter, the second time the dialog is broken then.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
opensourcejunkie

Post by opensourcejunkie »

ahh, gotcha
what if the Bible's claims about Christ depicted accurate, verifiable history? given some research, you might be surprised at the evidence...
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

zookeeper wrote:The music track names are wrong at least in Talking to Tyegëa: they have underscores whereas the real filenames have dashes. Can cause a nasty freeze in 1.6, it seems...
Fixed. I shouldn't have tested with the music off, but I prefer listening to my own music collection.
zookeeper wrote:Also, you should update Tyegëa's portrait with the transparent one from UtBS. And probably use some completely different one for Caladon, since no transparent version of that hideous old silver mage portrait exists.
I fixed Tyegëa's portrait, but I don't know what to do with the other one. It's hideous, but I'm not sure if it's better to just have nothing. The mainline silver mage portrait is no good either. Caladon is supposed to be at least a little insane, and the mainline mage looks as cool and as steady as possible.
Anonymissimus wrote:Yes. Teeloa says something two times, the first time it doesn't matter, the second time the dialog is broken then.
I think the second one works fine. Krellis does respond, but his line works on its own as well.
Anonymissimus wrote:"Friendly bat" is also affected by the code that makes the hostile bats disappear...
It shouldn't in 0.9.15. I fixed that a while ago, and I can't see anything wrong with the code. What version are you using?
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

beetlenaut wrote:
Anonymissimus wrote:"Friendly bat" is also affected by the code that makes the hostile bats disappear...
It shouldn't in 0.9.15. I fixed that a while ago, and I can't see anything wrong with the code. What version are you using?
It's 0.9.13. I don't bother to follow every updates...
I used

Code: Select all

[not]
    side="1"
[/not]
to repair the save file, in the filter of the store_unit that looks for bats (works).
projects (BfW 1.12):
Septim

Re: Merman campaign: Dead Water (0.9.16)

Post by Septim »

I would love to translate this campaign, but its not possible for me now. I cant get source .po file from Wescamp.
See:
http://www.wesnoth.org/gettext/?package ... ion=branch

Because of:
Dead_Water/units/Dark_Shape.cfg - empty string marked as translateable
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18675

Could it be fixed please?
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

Septim wrote:Could it be fixed please?
Done.

I'm glad they had an explanation for what was wrong. I never would have figured it out.
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Gnork

Post by Gnork »

beetlenaut wrote:
zookeeper wrote:The music track names are wrong at least in Talking to Tyegëa: they have underscores whereas the real filenames have dashes. Can cause a nasty freeze in 1.6, it seems...
Fixed.
The same problem remains in Wolf Coast.
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

Gnork wrote:The same problem remains in Wolf Coast.
That was a slightly different problem, but it should be fixed now, too.
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Stedevil

Post by Stedevil »

Just played through 0.9.16 on hard. Quite nice and well balanced campaign and all the items is an nice touch. Only thing I can think of right now that should be added is possibly a lvl 2 brawler.

Soon ready for mainline inclusion?
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

Stedevil wrote:Soon ready for mainline inclusion?
That's a good question.
Last edited by beetlenaut on December 11th, 2009, 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Gnork

Post by Gnork »

Dead Water is now available in French !

Great campaign BTW :D