A New Order (ANO) campaign - version 1.1.6

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Post Reply
jdp
Posts: 32
Joined: August 24th, 2007, 6:22 am

Re: A New Order (ANO) campaign - version 1.1.6

Post by jdp »

Yes, I can only recall 3 units in 'Choosing the best'. I tried playing on, but it was impossible at normal difficulty.
turist
Posts: 3
Joined: May 14th, 2010, 1:42 pm

Re: A New Order (ANO) campaign - version 1.1.6

Post by turist »

In ano-16.cfg replace name=recruit by name=recall
User avatar
tapik
Code Contributor
Posts: 133
Joined: November 24th, 2005, 3:14 pm
Location: Pr'ílepy-Holes'ov-Zlín-C'eská Republika-EU-sol
Contact:

Re: A New Order (ANO) campaign - version 1.1.6

Post by tapik »

turist wrote:In ano-16.cfg replace name=recruit by name=recall
Thanks, the same bug in Separation, fixed in 1.1.91-1
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
turist
Posts: 3
Joined: May 14th, 2010, 1:42 pm

Re: A New Order (ANO) campaign - version 1.1.6

Post by turist »

Actually, you should probably disallow recruits, too (or better yet, copy the same event also for recruiting). You can now first recall 11 troops, then recruit 2, and finally recall the last one. This way you get two more troops to your recall list (the recruited ones stay on the recall list, but don't count). Nothing bad about it but slightly confusing.
User avatar
tapik
Code Contributor
Posts: 133
Joined: November 24th, 2005, 3:14 pm
Location: Pr'ílepy-Holes'ov-Zlín-C'eská Republika-EU-sol
Contact:

Re: A New Order (ANO) campaign - version 1.1.6

Post by tapik »

turist wrote:Actually, you should probably disallow recruits, too (or better yet, copy the same event also for recruiting). You can now first recall 11 troops, then recruit 2, and finally recall the last one. This way you get two more troops to your recall list (the recruited ones stay on the recall list, but don't count). Nothing bad about it but slightly confusing.
It's questionable and it doesn't correspond with the story. Yes, I've found where was the problem - recruit event was splitted into recall and recruit events. But currently there is a problem with clearing recall list during the recall event. I'm solving it now.
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
slamajama09
Posts: 9
Joined: May 22nd, 2010, 7:14 am

Re: A New Order (ANO) campaign - version 1.1.6

Post by slamajama09 »

on scenario 16 "Choosing the Best" I replaced name=recruit with name=recall and it still does not let my veterans move after recall; only my new recruits can be moved.
User avatar
tapik
Code Contributor
Posts: 133
Joined: November 24th, 2005, 3:14 pm
Location: Pr'ílepy-Holes'ov-Zlín-C'eská Republika-EU-sol
Contact:

Re: A New Order (ANO) campaign - version 1.1.6

Post by tapik »

slamajama09 wrote:on scenario 16 "Choosing the Best" I replaced name=recruit with name=recall and it still does not let my veterans move after recall; only my new recruits can be moved.
Currently the Sepration makes my Linux segfault. There are some problems with combination of recall under recall. I'm trying to fix it. The same problem seems to be with ano-16, so be patient and wait till I fix it ...
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
User avatar
tapik
Code Contributor
Posts: 133
Joined: November 24th, 2005, 3:14 pm
Location: Pr'ílepy-Holes'ov-Zlín-C'eská Republika-EU-sol
Contact:

Re: A New Order (ANO) campaign - version 1.1.6

Post by tapik »

tapik wrote:
slamajama09 wrote:on scenario 16 "Choosing the Best" I replaced name=recruit with name=recall and it still does not let my veterans move after recall; only my new recruits can be moved.
Currently the Separation makes my Linux segfault. There are some problems with combination of recall under recall. I'm trying to fix it. The same problem seems to be with ano-16, so be patient and wait till I fix it ...
:!: 1.1.92 is out. Separation (ano-06.cfg) was fixed.
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
User avatar
Elvish_Pillager
Posts: 8129
Joined: May 28th, 2004, 10:21 am
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.
Contact:

Re: A New Order (ANO) campaign - version 1.1.6

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

I'm glad ANO is being maintained again. It is, without hesitation, my favorite Wesnoth campaign ever.

Issues so far:

- In scenario 8, where you get to recruit four Spearmen/Bowmen, I don't think that the "limitations of the Wesnoth engine" mentioned in this immersion-breaking comment on the objectives screen exist any longer (since there are now separate recruit and recall events):
the objectives screen wrote:You may recruit FOUR of either spearmen or archers. When you will recruit FOURTH spearman or archer, their recruitment will be disallowed. Because of limitations of Wesnoth engine, first recruit, THEN recall, otherwise recalled spearmen will be counted too.
If it is actually still a problem, I could very easily write some WML to work around it.

- In scenario 13, the first large-scale map, the central village doesn't work. There's a bit of dialogue, and then you're supposed to get options to ask about, but the dialogue just ends. I've looked in the code for it, but didn't figure out exactly what's wrong.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
User avatar
tapik
Code Contributor
Posts: 133
Joined: November 24th, 2005, 3:14 pm
Location: Pr'ílepy-Holes'ov-Zlín-C'eská Republika-EU-sol
Contact:

Re: A New Order (ANO) campaign - version 1.1.6

Post by tapik »

Elvish Pillager wrote:I'm glad ANO is being maintained again. It is, without hesitation, my favorite Wesnoth campaign ever.

Issues so far:

- In scenario 8, where you get to recruit four Spearmen/Bowmen, I don't think that the "limitations of the Wesnoth engine" mentioned in this immersion-breaking comment on the objectives screen exist any longer (since there are now separate recruit and recall events):
the objectives screen wrote:You may recruit FOUR of either spearmen or archers. When you will recruit FOURTH spearman or archer, their recruitment will be disallowed. Because of limitations of Wesnoth engine, first recruit, THEN recall, otherwise recalled spearmen will be counted too.
If it is actually still a problem, I could very easily write some WML to work around it.
Please, try it and send me the patch. I'm solving other issues now.
Elvish Pillager wrote:- In scenario 13, the first large-scale map, the central village doesn't work. There's a bit of dialogue, and then you're supposed to get options to ask about, but the dialogue just ends. I've looked in the code for it, but didn't figure out exactly what's wrong.
It works fine on my 1.8.0 on Linux (current version 1.1.93), but I do not change this scenario.
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
User avatar
Elvish_Pillager
Posts: 8129
Joined: May 28th, 2004, 10:21 am
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.
Contact:

Re: A New Order (ANO) campaign - version 1.1.6

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

tapik wrote:Please, try it and send me the patch. I'm solving other issues now.
Okay, I have tested it. It works exactly as it ought to without any changes. The only thing that needs changing is to remove the sentence that (falsely) says that recalling will mess it up.
tapik wrote:It works fine on my 1.8.0 on Linux (current version 1.1.93), but I do not change this scenario.
I am also on 1.8.0 on Linux, and it doesn't work with 1.1.93. Huh.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
User avatar
tapik
Code Contributor
Posts: 133
Joined: November 24th, 2005, 3:14 pm
Location: Pr'ílepy-Holes'ov-Zlín-C'eská Republika-EU-sol
Contact:

Re: A New Order (ANO) campaign - version 1.1.6

Post by tapik »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
tapik wrote:It works fine on my 1.8.0 on Linux (current version 1.1.93), but I do not change this scenario.
I am also on 1.8.0 on Linux, and it doesn't work with 1.1.93. Huh.
So please send me your save from the beginning of the scenario and I'll compare them. May be any stored variable do this...
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
User avatar
Elvish_Pillager
Posts: 8129
Joined: May 28th, 2004, 10:21 am
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.
Contact:

Re: A New Order (ANO) campaign - version 1.1.6

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Here is my beginning-of-scenario save.

Another issue: Lorin has Skirmisher at level 1 (manually given by 01_Breaking_the_Circle.cfg), loses it at level 2, and then regains it at level 3 (since the L3 Queen unit type has it.)
Attachments
ANO-Scouting.gz
(17.98 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
User avatar
tapik
Code Contributor
Posts: 133
Joined: November 24th, 2005, 3:14 pm
Location: Pr'ílepy-Holes'ov-Zlín-C'eská Republika-EU-sol
Contact:

Re: A New Order (ANO) campaign - version 1.1.6

Post by tapik »

Elvish Pillager wrote:Another issue: Lorin has Skirmisher at level 1 (manually given by 01_Breaking_the_Circle.cfg), loses it at level 2, and then regains it at level 3 (since the L3 Queen unit type has it.)
Thanks for report. I've fixed it by making all Lorin levels SKIRMISHER by default. But I'm not sure, if it is good for her character. May be, I don't know. It doesn't make sense before separation. We will se..
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
User avatar
tapik
Code Contributor
Posts: 133
Joined: November 24th, 2005, 3:14 pm
Location: Pr'ílepy-Holes'ov-Zlín-C'eská Republika-EU-sol
Contact:

Re: A New Order (ANO) campaign - version 1.1.6

Post by tapik »

Elvish Pillager wrote:- In scenario 8, where you get to recruit four Spearmen/Bowmen, I don't think that the "limitations of the Wesnoth engine" mentioned in this immersion-breaking comment on the objectives screen exist any longer (since there are now separate recruit and recall events):
- In scenario 13, the first large-scale map, the central village doesn't work. There's a bit of dialogue, and then you're supposed to get options to ask about, but the dialogue just ends. I've looked in the code for it, but didn't figure out exactly what's wrong.
Both issues fixed. :geek:
You can download 1.1.94 now :!: :arrow:
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
Post Reply