Sceptre of Life, version 0.12.1

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ektheleon

Re: Sceptre of Life, version 0.12.1

Post by Ektheleon »

Not really, I'm trying to get the code updated for 1.8.x in case he comes back or somebody else eventually gets the rights to finish it or whatever, but there's been no input from OSJ.
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

You know, I realized the other day that OSJ's e-mail address is advertised out on the add-on server. You might want to try contacting him if you're making progress on the 1.8 updating. Maybe he can even tell you what his plans for the story were. To save you the work of seeking it out, I'm reproducing it below. VVV

opensourcejunkieATgmail/DOT/com

Best Regards,
Mountain_King
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
Is cothabhálach an aistriúcháin Gaeilge mé.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
Ektheleon

Post by Ektheleon »

No, I already tried email. I'm really doing it more as a way to familiarize myself with how things work in WML than anything else, since it gives me a goal to work towards that's more manageable than writing my own campaign. Same reason I signed up to help with this campaign in the first place.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

when will this campaign be avaible on addon server?
i remember that when i played this campaign on a old version that i loved it and that i was sad that it wasnt finished
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Well, as far as I know: - OSJ was not only trying to publish his novel, but also he was trying to be a writer when I talked to him on March, 2010. I don't think it is too easy to be even he is a good writer, so we-all need to wait a little more while with a heart, I guess.:)
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

:(

post 2
btw i think i have to report that the version 12.1 from SoL doesnt run on wesnoth 1.6.4 (MacOSX)
it says me that i have to post :
border_size_==1´failed at /Users/ben/projekts/wesnoth/MacOSX/../src/map.cpp:181 in function ´read´
could you fix that pls??

post 3
to my ask when the campaign will be avaible
i hadnt asked when it is finished just when it is updated for 1.8.x
Last edited by Gambit on July 10th, 2011, 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Combined triple posts
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Thanks for moderating, Gambit.:)
Konrad2 wrote:btw i think i have to report that the version 12.1 from SoL doesnt run on wesnoth 1.6.4 (MacOSX)
it says me that i have to post :
border_size_==1´failed at /Users/ben/projekts/wesnoth/MacOSX/../src/map.cpp:181 in function ´read´
could you fix that pls??
It actually has been reported previously.
SoL 0.12.1 works as well on BfW 1.6.2, but not on 1.6.3 or later.
If you can change "map_data" on the scenarios by following Max's post in the previous page, it will probably work on 1.6.4...

Otherwise, you can download BfW 1.6.2 here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth ... snoth-1.6/
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

i was able to kill the orcish assasin in the first scenario before he could poison Karah but he still poison her
could you make sure that noone can kill him when it doesnt make sure that Karah survives
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

is that the finally look from the rune healer????
uhm...
maybe you dont know but rune Healer looks like a big peasent
Last edited by Konrad2 on July 16th, 2011, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Konrad2 wrote:is that the finally look from the rune healer????
You mean the unit-image?
If so, yes it is.
Actually, that is a kind of an old style, and not the best recently.
Not much different, but you can use this one. I touched it up a long time ago. At least, he has a current style shadow...:)
rune_healer.png
rune_healer.png (2.55 KiB) Viewed 7190 times
I will check your post on this thread, so please use the edit button which is located at right bottom. (imagine how hard moderator's job is.)

EDIT: Uh! What I meant was to avoid a double or triple post. If somebody posts after you, you don't usually have to edit your post because that is going to be confusing. (But I recognized that you are a nice person.:) )

So this line was supposed to be after this (my) post.
Konrad2 wrote:uhm...
maybe you dont know but rune Healer looks like a big peasent
Then I was supposed to say something like: Maybe, Aeryn is not a tall guy in OSJ's set-up.:)
lostnumber

Post by lostnumber »

Any updates on this? Is this available anywhere?
Ostejo

Post by Ostejo »

I'm looking into porting this to work with version 1.13.

My work is https://github.com/Benjamin-Waters/SceptreOfLife in case anyone wants to follow along or help.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Ostejo wrote: October 25th, 2016, 3:29 am I'm looking into porting this to work with version 1.13.

My work is https://github.com/Benjamin-Waters/SceptreOfLife in case anyone wants to follow along or help.
I can at most playtest it and report bugs. :/
mysterious_haruko

Post by mysterious_haruko »

But his GitHub is empty and gives me 404 error and seems his post was made around 2016. But I wish, that this little precious gem would be ported to 1.14.