Sceptre of Life, version 0.12.1

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Max

Re: Sceptre of Life, version 0.12.1

Post by Max »

three of these constructs need to be changed:

Code: Select all

map_data="{campaigns/Sceptre_of_Life/maps/Home_Town/map1.map}{~campaigns/Sceptre_of_Life/maps/Home_Town/map1.map}"
change to:

Code: Select all

map_data="{~campaigns/Sceptre_of_Life/maps/Home_Town/map1.map}"
Turuk wrote:This campaign is currently in our umc-dev project, but has not received a commit since May 3rd from OSJ.
i've attached a patch for umc-dev (also changed @ ---> ~ since it will be deprecated in 1.7.3).
Attachments
sol_paths_fixed.patch
(13.71 KiB) Downloaded 443 times
Huston

Post by Huston »

Huston wrote:check out this thread.

as said there was a regression. he needs to modify the scenario files a llittle.
just run on wesnoth 1.6.2 if you don't want to fix it yourself before he gets around to it.
turuk maybe this thread in the Wml workshop should be stickied, at least until the regression is fixed, and have it's name changed to:
what to do if you get a map border size error after upgrading from wesnoth1.6.2 to 1.6.3

or something along those lines. this is the 4 time i've seen people complain about that error

I swear no one bothers to use the forum search anymore. (i used to be guilty of this, but i nnow search before posting)
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Huston wrote:I swear no one bothers to use the forum search anymore.
Tell me about it.
Huston wrote:turuk maybe this thread in the Wml workshop should be stickied, at least until the regression is fixed, and have it's name changed to:
what to do if you get a map border size error after upgrading from wesnoth1.6.2 to 1.6.3
Well, it is not going to get fixed, so no need to have it stickied.
Soliton wrote:Well, to be fair it is indeed a regression and will be fixed for 1.6.4. Though in your case it was just unnecessary to write it like that.

EDIT: Actually won't be fixed since it prevents useful error messages in some cases.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
opensourcejunkie

Post by opensourcejunkie »

Hey everyone, OSJ here. I have to say, sorry for the abandonment; there was a family circumstance that kept me offline for a very long time. Essentially, my grandfather went in the hospital a while back, and I went out to pittsburg for about a week to be with him and my family before he passed. When we found out he was going to die, there was some discussion about my grandmother, who is herself partially disabled, and how we would care for her in the time immediately after he passed. Since I'm working at a dead-end job with nothing to lose ;-), I volunteered to stay with her at her house for a while, to help care for her and be there for her while she mourned.

...unfortunately, she lives in a small town in northwestern pennsylvania in a house with no access to the internet (I did eventually find a community center with access though), so I've been offline for some time now. Sorry I didn't give a head's up to you guys, though. It was kind of a whirlwind time, and I didn't give much thought to my online life :-/.

At any rate, I'm back online, but it'll be a while before I start working on SoL again. While I was away, I put some heavy work into a small side project I had going, a novel that is now over 1/3 the way complete. Since I've been getting some good feedback on it, I've decided to make that my main project, try to get it published, and hopefully get out of my dead end job ;-). At that point, if I'm successful (or even if I'm not), I should be able to get back to SoL. Sorry!

--OSJ
what if the Bible's claims about Christ depicted accurate, verifiable history? given some research, you might be surprised at the evidence...
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Sorry to hear about your family, but I hope that everything works out for you. Good luck with your novel, and we hope to see you back here one day. :)
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
opensourcejunkie

--OSJ
what if the Bible's claims about Christ depicted accurate, verifiable history? given some research, you might be surprised at the evidence...
lostnumber

Post by lostnumber »

opensourcejunkie wrote:Hey everyone, OSJ here. I have to say, sorry for the abandonment; there was a family circumstance that kept me offline for a very long time. Essentially, my grandfather went in the hospital a while back, and I went out to pittsburg for about a week to be with him and my family before he passed. When we found out he was going to die, there was some discussion about my grandmother, who is herself partially disabled, and how we would care for her in the time immediately after he passed. Since I'm working at a dead-end job with nothing to lose ;-), I volunteered to stay with her at her house for a while, to help care for her and be there for her while she mourned.

...unfortunately, she lives in a small town in northwestern pennsylvania in a house with no access to the internet (I did eventually find a community center with access though), so I've been offline for some time now. Sorry I didn't give a head's up to you guys, though. It was kind of a whirlwind time, and I didn't give much thought to my online life :-/.

At any rate, I'm back online, but it'll be a while before I start working on SoL again. While I was away, I put some heavy work into a small side project I had going, a novel that is now over 1/3 the way complete. Since I've been getting some good feedback on it, I've decided to make that my main project, try to get it published, and hopefully get out of my dead end job ;-). At that point, if I'm successful (or even if I'm not), I should be able to get back to SoL. Sorry!

--OSJ

damn... good luck with the novel, but I hope you get back to this campaign soon.

It was shaping up to be one of the more memorable and enjoyable campaigns I've played
opensourcejunkie

Just to give a brief update on the progress of my novel (and thereby my return to SoL), I've written cerca 7 out of 12 chapters; I should be done by maybe mid-february. Sorry again 4 the delay,
--OSJ
lostnumber

Post by lostnumber »

opensourcejunkie wrote:Just to give a brief update on the progress of my novel (and thereby my return to SoL), I've written cerca 7 out of 12 chapters; I should be done by maybe mid-february. Sorry again 4 the delay,
--OSJ
How is the novel going OSJ?

Really looking forward to you finishing this thing, nothing I've seen in Wesnoth even comes close to this campaign in terms of dialogue and character development.
opensourcejunkie

thanks :-), that's good to hear. Unfortunately, the novel development isn't anywhere near where I'd hoped it would be. I have 9/12 chapters complete now, and have mapped out the final three; just have to write them now. If you're interested, I've attached the novel in its present state; if not interested, then no worries. Just wanted to let you guys know what I've been up to all this time.

--OSJ

link to novel's forum post
Attachments
Foreshadow.pdf
Foreshadow
(1006.3 KiB) Downloaded 4143 times
lostnumber

Post by lostnumber »

Still writing the novel?
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

While we're thinking about it (while the thread is bumped), do you suppose that you have a roadmap for the campaign somewhere in case someone wants to make the skeleton for you? Then you could come along later and flesh it out. Like Ezekiel's dry bones. ;)

Best Regards,
Mountain_King
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
Is cothabhálach an aistriúcháin Gaeilge mé.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
lostnumber

Post by lostnumber »

Bump for updates. Does OSJ come by anymore?
Max

Post by Max »

Ektheleon

Post by Ektheleon »

Not really, I'm trying to get the code updated for 1.8.x in case he comes back or somebody else eventually gets the rights to finish it or whatever, but there's been no input from OSJ.