Struggle For Freedom 1.5.0

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

WYRMY

Re: Struggle For Freedom 1.2.5

Post by WYRMY »

I will be working on another campaign now, but I will still check this forum.

Bye, WYRMY.
fyzycyst

Post by fyzycyst »

Any idea when 1.2.5 will show up on the add-on server? 1.1.0 is still there.

- Eric.
WYRMY

Post by WYRMY »

Do you mean the web interface server?
For some reason, when it is 100% done it says error, and doesn't actually go on. You will have to use the wesnoth in-game downloader.
fyzycyst

Post by fyzycyst »

Actually, I am referring to the in-game downloader.

- Eric.
WYRMY

Post by WYRMY »

Oh.
Are you sure you are going to the right server?
If you type in add-ons.wesnoth.org in the connect to server box, it will go to a server that has 1.2.5.
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
suokko
Inactive Developer

Post by suokko »

Trunk version Struggle for Freedom has a few problems:
1. It uses old syntax for side defination. Description and user_descritpion are deprecated. You should use wmllint to convert everything in campaign because there is other changes too.
2. Recalling leader unit in 6 Struggle for freedom doesn't work. Probably because of some wrong tags used for trunk. Again wmllint might fix everything.
3. 7b realm of knightmare. Uses TELEPORT_UNIT to teleport all units but that isn't supported. You have to either collect all location of side units and then teleport them one by one or just let teleport stay open and let user move every unit thought one-by-one.
fyzycyst

Post by fyzycyst »

OK, I think I may have found a bug (using 1.5.3 on Mac). Going to add-ons.wesnoth.org and going to campaigns.wesnoth.org give exactly the same thing, and it's not what your screencap shows. I can even go to "anything.wesnoth.org" (i.e., I literally type that string) and still get the same result.

- Eric.
WYRMY

Post by WYRMY »

suokko wrote:Trunk version Struggle for Freedom has a few problems:
1. It uses old syntax for side defination. Description and user_descritpion are deprecated. You should use wmllint to convert everything in campaign because there is other changes too.
I used wmllint, and got a whole bunch of errors. Does this mean anything?
Edit: Aaargh! It made it stuff up when I played, and I got some errors. It changed some things in the .cfg file of one of the units.
And it didn't replace user_description. Sorry, I'm not very knowledgeable about wmllint.
wmllint_sff_1.txt
The errors from wmllint.
(28.67 KiB) Downloaded 495 times
suokko wrote: 2. Recalling leader unit in 6 Struggle for freedom doesn't work. Probably because of some wrong tags used for trunk. Again wmllint might fix everything.
Deleted in 1.2.5
suokko wrote: 3. 7b realm of knightmare. Uses TELEPORT_UNIT to teleport all units but that isn't supported. You have to either collect all location of side units and then teleport them one by one or just let teleport stay open and let user move every unit thought one-by-one.
Deleted in 1.2.5
fyzycyst wrote:OK, I think I may have found a bug (using 1.5.3 on Mac). Going to add-ons.wesnoth.org and going to campaigns.wesnoth.org give exactly the same thing, and it's not what your screencap shows. I can even go to "anything.wesnoth.org" (i.e., I literally type that string) and still get the same result.

- Eric.
Um, not sure what to do. Maybe bug report it?
fyzycyst

Post by fyzycyst »

Yeah, I'm discussing this over on the '1.5.3 buglog' topic. BTW, just to make things interesting, for me at least, Struggle for Freedom doesn't show up at all on the server this morning (East Coast US time).

- Eric.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Filtered out some stuff that's probably nothing, here's what's left of wmllint's output: http://wesnoth.pastebin.com/f5f84c06a

What it states there are thing you need to fix manually.
docrock

Post by docrock »

balancing issue with SFF 1.2.5 and BfW 1.4.3:
in "The Eye of Y'Fel" turns are just too few imho, 43 turns to reach the end, get the specials and defeat the end-of-level guardian are just too tough on default difficulty.
i really barely made it, last unit on last turn with last hit and i've been playing like every campaign for this game on normal and hard difficulties for years, so i'd guess less experienced players would prolly just give up on that one or resort to debug mode. maybe more turns or more minimum starting gold would do the job, i'd suggest 50 turns or maybe 160 gold for default difficulty. just my few cents of coz.

edit: nearly forgot, btw, "clubman" is one hell of a kewl name for a unit. maybe this belongs to the "how to know that you are playing too much wesnoth" thread, but i always had to think of "never say yes if a troll warrior invites you to clubbing" when actually going rl-clubbing (yep, i got a life too) and the name of that merc unit really did it too me, lmao
Postings may contain traces of sense.
The ministry of health warns:
Living is dangerous to your health and may finally result in death.
You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it. (100% ...)
fyzycyst

Post by fyzycyst »

OK, here's the story. The 1.5.x versions look to a different set of servers (for both add-ons & MP) than the 1.4.x versions. Which brings up a question, is SFF compatible w/ 1.5.3? (I'd noticed a one problem in SFF 1.1.0, but wanted to see if SFF 1.2.5 fixed it.)

- Eric.
WYRMY

Post by WYRMY »

fyzycyst wrote:OK, here's the story. The 1.5.x versions look to a different set of servers (for both add-ons & MP) than the 1.4.x versions. Which brings up a question, is SFF compatible w/ 1.5.3? (I'd noticed a one problem in SFF 1.1.0, but wanted to see if SFF 1.2.5 fixed it.)

- Eric.
No. It's designed for Wesnoth 1.4, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work on 1.5 (due to conflicting [tags])
docrock wrote:balancing issue with SFF 1.2.5 and BfW 1.4.3:
in "The Eye of Y'Fel" turns are just too few imho, 43 turns to reach the end, get the specials and defeat the end-of-level guardian are just too tough on default difficulty.
i really barely made it, last unit on last turn with last hit and i've been playing like every campaign for this game on normal and hard difficulties for years, so i'd guess less experienced players would prolly just give up on that one or resort to debug mode. maybe more turns or more minimum starting gold would do the job, i'd suggest 50 turns or maybe 160 gold for default difficulty. just my few cents of coz.

edit: nearly forgot, btw, "clubman" is one hell of a kewl name for a unit. maybe this belongs to the "how to know that you are playing too much wesnoth" thread, but i always had to think of "never say yes if a troll warrior invites you to clubbing" when actually going rl-clubbing (yep, i got a life too) and the name of that merc unit really did it too me, lmao
Ok. Now there are 52 turns on easy, 49 normal, 47 hard.
And I found a mistake with the gold, didn't define it in [side] so enemy has WAY to much.
Fixed.

Yeah, I like the name clubman too. Thx. :mrgreen:
AI wrote:Filtered out some stuff that's probably nothing, here's what's left of wmllint's output: http://wesnoth.pastebin.com/f5f84c06a

What it states there are thing you need to fix manually.
Is wmllint for 1.5?
I thought all my stuff was ok for 1.4
WYRMY

Post by WYRMY »

WYRMY wrote:I will be working on another campaign now, but I will still check this forum.

Bye, WYRMY.
Ah well, seems you can never really "abandon" a forum. :)
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

1.5 has its own version of wmllint that includes 1.4->1.5 updates.

I do believe it was you who posted the wmllint output? (not too sure, I'm using lynx atm) The stuff I filtered out is stuff that wmllint doesn't fix on its own. None of it will break the game, but it's on a "would be nice" to do level of priority. (like making the special notes correspond to abilities, making the right strings translatable and the like)