Campaign: Love To Death

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Re: Campaign: Love To Death

Post by ivanovic »

The version of your campaign that is uploaded to the addon server for 1.8 has one problem regarding translations: You marked one "empty string" as translatable. This does break translation support. Please remove the underscore from the string (or put some content in) to fix this. This is the relevant place:

Code: Select all

#. [message]: id=Aleva
#: ./Love_To_Death/scenarios/12_Test_of_Faith.cfg:168
Fast_Dolphin

Post by Fast_Dolphin »

I have a problem with the scenario "Test of Loyalty". I move Aleva, Karos and Prodos into the main chamber,
screenshot of scenario in question
screenshot of scenario in question
test of loyalty pic.jpg (37.42 KiB) Viewed 4629 times
and no matter where I move them I end up losing and not making contact with Tanas. Any clues?
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Hi Geos and Pp2,
I played LTD (latest version) and I found the following bugs:
- In Back To Karenin, Kaliostali doesn't move outside of his keep to allow Aleva recruit. This happens because in his [ai] tag you have "passive_leader=yes": you should replace it with "passive_leader_shares_keep=yes".
- In Run through Mountains I have this stderr error:

error audio: tried to add duplicate track 'C:/Programmi/Battle for Wesnoth 1.8/userdata/data/add-ons/UMC_Music/music/snowfall.ogg'
Probably you should put "immediate=yes" or "append=no" to the first prestart music tag

[music]
name="data/add-ons/UMC_Music/music/snowfall.ogg"
            ms_after="250"
            append=yes
        [/music]
or switch to mainline macros INTRO_AND_SCENARIO_MUSIC and EXTRA_SCENARIO_MUSIC.
I have a wrong carryover note in the objective box (it says 20% of gold carried).
Also, if the Dasoi leader is killed the dialogue that happens seeing a Dasoi is missing some parts: maybe it's a good idea to add an alternate dialogue for this situation.
- In The Tower of Ektalion, I have this stderr error:

error audio: tried to add duplicate track 'C:/Programmi/Battle for Wesnoth 1.8/data/core/music/the_city_falls.ogg'
For an unknown reason, Kaliostali has "Gwen" as name. Fix: add a "name= _ "Kaliostali".
Despite the objectives, I was able to win by killing Ektalion with Aleva. This is partially due to having the [if] tag in the wrong place, and partially due to use of

[variable]
                        name=second_unit.description
                        equals="Aleva"
                    [/variable]
.description is no longer used from Wesnoth 1.4, you should replace it with .id. This should be done also for Kaliostali death event.
- In Search for Prodos:
Kleidis doesn't have the silver crown and, in its [unit] tag, has a "username=" key.
- In Prodo's Keep:
When finding the gold at 38,19, or at 40.4 or at 1,38 the item isn't removed and no gold sound is played. You need a [removeitem] tag.
At turn 5, one Archer Skeleton at 2,33 changed side to 1 and I had these stderr errors

error ai/actions: Error #4003 (stopunit_result::E_NOT_OWN_UNIT) in  stopunit by side 3 : remove movement from unit on location 2,33
error ai/actions: Error #4003 (stopunit_result::E_NOT_OWN_UNIT) in full move by side 3 from location 2,32 to location 2,33
Obviously, I was able to move this Skeleton and win on the very next turn. To fix this probably you need to add a "visible=yes" to your [filter_vision] tag, but I'm not sure. Try testing also "visible=no".
Aleva (I picked the amulet with her) has illumination aura only after the next move after taking the amulet, and she loses this illumination aura during attacks. To fix this you should
use a code like this:

[store_unit]
		[filter]
			id=$unit.id
			#to store the unit that triggers the amulet event
		[/filter]
		variable=stored_amulet
	[/store_unit]
	[set_variable]
		name=stored_amulet.halo
		value="halo/illuminates-aura.png"
	[/set_variable]
	[unstore_unit]
		variable=stored_amulet
	[/unstore_unit]
and remove the, unuseful at that point, new animation [effect] tag.
- In The Path:
The white flag on map is placed exactly where there is Parthyn in DiD
In Defeat conditions there is "Death of Aleva" twice
- In Test of Power:

error audio: cannot open track 'gameplay01.ogg'; disabled in this playlist.
This happens because you have this macro:
{SCENARIO_MUSIC "gameplay01.ogg"}
If I recall correctly, gameplay01.ogg is the name that knolls.ogg had in 1.2. knolls.ogg is already in the playlist, so you can remove this macro. Or maybe, you just wanted to add gameplay06.ogg?
- In Awakening the Death Knight Igor has no name. Fix: add "name= _ "Igor"" to its [unit] tag.

Unit errors:
- Dasoi Fighter: the attack sound is repated several times for each strike.
- Dasoi Warrior and Berseker are missing some frames, due to nw mainline sprites:

error display: could not open image 'units/human-outlaws/bandit-defend.png'
error display: could not open image 'units/human-outlaws/bandit-die-1.png'
error display: could not open image 'units/human-outlaws/bandit-die-2.png'
- Odigo and Prodos, despite being hero units, whose death means defeat, are missing the silver crown.
- Advancement Dasoi Shaman -> Dasoi Priestess violates RIPLIB, because the unit loses the impact-slows attack and replaces it with an arcane-magical attack. You should at least add back the entangle attack also for Dasoi Priestess.

Please excuse me if someone else already reported some of these bugs.If you need a savegame or any other information, please ask.

I also wmllinted and wmlscoped the campaign for you, and I'm attaching the logs.
wmllint_LTD.log
(8.56 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
wmlscope_LTD.log
(6.12 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
By the way, Geos, the story screens that you made for LTD are really impressive, and also Aleva sprites and animations are very good. How did you made these sprites and story screens? :)
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Pp2

Post by Pp2 »

After a long time, I uploaded a minor update (ltd 0.7.4)

First of all, I can't load scenario 4 even if I didn't modify anything in it. If somebody can tell me if it happen on his machine too(since I may have compilation problem on linux) I would either be abble to try to fix this regression or fix the problem on my computer.

changelog (Yes, it is close to nothing but I just rebegun to play bfw today and both my english and wml programming skill were not used during the last four month, I will try to correct all the bug Elvish_Hunter posted about this week if I have the time)

scenario 1: I "applyed" the ai fix but it doesn't seem to work
scenario 12: I fixed the translation problem
scenario 5:I theorycally fixed the problem that allowed the player to kill either of the leader and win but wasn't abble to test it because my game crash on scenario 4.

btw thanks to Elvish_Hunter for reporting all these bugs.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Pp2 wrote:First of all, I can't load scenario 4 even if I didn't modify anything in it. If somebody can tell me if it happen on his machine too(since I may have compilation problem on linux) I would either be abble to try to fix this regression or fix the problem on my computer.
For me, on Windows, Wesnoth 1.8.4, that scenario loads just fine from my old savegame.
Pp2 wrote:scenario 1: I "applyed" the ai fix but it doesn't seem to work
The Wiki says to implement it exactly as you did. I have no idea why this doesn't work. Maybe someone in the WML Workshop knows how to fix this. In the meantime, you can add a second keep to the castle.
About scenario 1, you can remove the {IS_HERO} macro from Aleva: she has canrecruit=yes, so will have automatically the golden crown.
I also noticed that Kaliostali, despite having 50 gold, can't recruit anything. Please add something like "recruit=Spearman,Bowman" to not waste such gold.
Pp2 wrote:btw thanks to Elvish_Hunter for reporting all these bugs.
Thanks to you for having started fixing them! :)
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Gwynnedrion

Post by Gwynnedrion »

In version 1.9 I can't play the campaign since I get the error that "Back To Kanerin" isn't found.
”Rise, adept, and tell me about the enemy.”

You are a Horseman: you charge ahead without thinking of the consequences.(80%)
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Elvish_Hunter wrote:The Wiki says to implement it exactly as you did. I have no idea why this doesn't work. Maybe someone in the WML Workshop knows how to fix this. In the meantime, you can add a second keep to the castle.
it's this bug
http://gna.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=16223
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Pp2

Post by Pp2 »

I tested on windows and it does work. And if I run it in a linux command line, I get an error messages that seem to be about a C error rather than WML error. It really puzzle me as the game just seem to run fine and crash instantly when I try to load this scenario, thus making it impossible to fix any problem in this scenario. However, I may be abble to continue futher by transferring my save files.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Pp2 wrote:I tested on windows and it does work. And if I run it in a linux command line, I get an error messages that seem to be about a C error rather than WML error. It really puzzle me as the game just seem to run fine and crash instantly when I try to load this scenario, thus making it impossible to fix any problem in this scenario. However, I may be abble to continue futher by transferring my save files.
I could well be a (Linux - only ?) engine bug. Try to narrow down the scenario content to the offending code part.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

in 'The search for Prodos', everytime i look at the objectives it gives me a lua error (unknown condition, ignoring). the stderr says that the key 'username' no longer exists. also for scenario 3, whenever it loads the stderr says that there is an unknown character 'Cm'.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Gwynnedrion

Post by Gwynnedrion »

I can't play the game (on windows 7 , wesnoth version 1.9) because I'm getting the "UMC Music" is missing...
”Rise, adept, and tell me about the enemy.”

You are a Horseman: you charge ahead without thinking of the consequences.(80%)
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Because you have to install that add-on in order to play it.
Ant

Post by Ant »

On 1.9.7 i got the error message 'FLOATING_Text' is missing, which is a macro not supported in 1.9 anymore.

In the scenario file 09_Druids.cfg the line

{FLOATING_TEXT x,y=$KarosStore.x,$KarosStore.y 0,0,255 "Karos Leaves Army"}

should be replaced with the new [floating_text] tag
Geos

Post by Geos »

Ok, I'm back

Yes yes, I know I said this before, but hopefully this time is for good.

The campaign has advance for sure much, and I have many to thank for maintaining it. For now I'm going to download the code, and play it. I found several errors, what makes me think the campaign is a little bit abandoned lately.

I will first try to make major fixes and upload it to 1.9 server. Then, I will continue with the 3rd arc.

Honestly, about the story, I think I will continue from scenario 12, not 14. Sorry about that, I really think you guys did a good job, but I wanted it to follow the story the way I thought about it.

I will keep you updated

... oh my god, my WML is sooo rusty...
That's ridiculous, dragons have no windows...
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Glad to know this isn't dead. Good luck with the WML!
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code