Campaign: Love To Death

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elvish_Hunter

Re: Campaign: Love To Death

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Pentarctagon wrote:Good luck with the WML!
Indeed. :wink:
Since lately there was a report of the campaign not loading anymore due to missing {FLOATING_TEXT}, I can confirm that it is due to its replacement with the new [floating_text] tag. So, I ran wmllint and wmlscope to point out what needs to be fixed:
wmllint output:
wmlscope output:
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Wolfskraehe

Post by Wolfskraehe »

Hi,

First i have to say this campaign is really well designed. I enjoyed it really till scenario "Through the mountains". Unfortunately my game crashes everytime i try to load this mission. I tried also different saves earlier in the game but it never changed. As soon as the dialogue in the city is completed and the game tries to load the scenario, battle for wesnoth just crashes to the desktop.

I'am using the latest official wesnoth build(not the developer build) and till now it was running fine on my windows xp machine.

I really enjoy the characters, the story and the scenario design so i'am looking forward to complete the campaign. Are there any solutions for this problem?
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Wolfskraehe wrote:battle for wesnoth just crashes to the desktop
Wolfskraehe:
Report that at http://gna.org/bugs/?group=wesnoth please since it's an engine bug, and include a start-of-scenario-save of the respective scenario and a description how to reproduce (as in your post above).
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Kewltist

Post by Kewltist »

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
********/Wesnoth 1.99/userdata/data/add-ons/Love_to_Death/_main.cfg
ERROR DETAILS:
Macro/file 'FLOATING_TEXT' is missing at ~add-ons/Love_to_Death/scenarios/09_Druids.cfg:289 included from
~add-ons/Love_to_Death/_main.cfg:94

followed by
"Unknown scenario: 'back_to_Karenin'

ouch. being wml nub i'm not sure how to fix the second error
Kymera

Post by Kymera »

On the first map of the campaign, was unable to complete: Dad orders me to start summoning my troops, then the moron keeps standing there on the only keep on the map, making it impossible for me to ever summon any troop. I fixed the problem by opening the map in the map editor and adding an additional keep to the castle on an adjacent grassy hex.
fmac81

Post by fmac81 »

Same error as Kewitist on 1.9.9 about the floating text.

Thanks,
fmac81
Wesbane

Post by Wesbane »

For those who want play this campaign under 1.9.9 and later:
Open scenario 09_Druids.cfg in gedit or any other text editor. Find line FLOATING_TEXT that look like this:

Code: Select all

{FLOATING_TEXT x,y=$KarosStore.x,$KarosStore.y 0,0,255 "Karos Leaves Army"}
And replace it with:

Code: Select all

[floating_text]
    [filter]
        x=$KarosStore.x
        y=$KarosStore.y
    [/filter]
    text= _ "<span color='#0000ff'>Karos Leaves Army</span>"
[/floating_text]
For those who do not have copy paste power. Modified scenario that will make this campaign work again is attached. Just unpack with file-roller or any other archiving program in your possession to Love_To_Death scenarios folder.
Attachments
09_Druids.cfg.zip
(3.15 KiB) Downloaded 523 times
fmac81

Post by fmac81 »

Thank you Wesbane!

Thanks,
fmac81
WanderingHero

Post by WanderingHero »

Seems like a fun campaign, and aside from the grammer and odd wording(which does bring it down a bit...), the writing is very very good, but I'm rather surprised you didn't' fix the grammar (I know English isn't you first language, but if you asked, you could probably find someone willing to proof read the script for you) or that stupid bug in Scenario 3 where fulfilling the turns run out win condition makes you lose.

Theirs another annoying problem with scenario 3 that makes me not want to playthrough it again, when you skip your turn it takes AGES for the enemy to take their turn, which gets tedious pretty quickly

For scenario 3 you could remove that alternate win condition, or just look at the coding for other scenarios that use it (Blackwater Port in HTT springs to mind).

And a minor complaint in Scenario 1, your father just stands around doing nothing, notably occupying one of the areas you can recruit from (not a big deal, as 4 archers were enough for me).

Has a lot of potential, but still feels like a Beta product.

Oh and I'm playing the latest version on Wesnoth 1.96
greenman

Post by greenman »

I PM'd Geos to offer some help, but he hasn't replied or logged in for ages and it appears the campaign is abandoned. Is anyone still maintaining this campaign?
Vincinct

Post by Vincinct »

i had an old version of wesnoth,and i played thru as far as possible.
i would really love to see this campaign finished.i know nothing about coding but i am really good at story writing.

anyone else agree?ill need help.
and is this update to 1.10?that needs to be factored in to.

it apparently works on 1.8,so if you want to play thru this,get 1.8.

please someone help me revive this.
Arawn

Post by Arawn »

I liked this a lot, although the English is a bit off as people have stated. Are you getting help with that? I might be able to go through the files and fix it up a bit. I have only played up to scenario 3, but so far everything seems balanced. The artwork is beautiful too, by the way.

I'm playing Wesnoth 1.10 btw, on the easiest difficulty available.
greenman

Post by greenman »

I did contact Geos, who was the author of the campaign. He was happy to hand it over, and was going to send me the PBL, as well as his ideas for the final arc of the story, I contacted him a few times and he kept saying he was going to send the details, but never did.
mniranic

Post by mniranic »

This a fixed campaign for 1.10.4 .
anyone has any idea how should the story continue?
Attachments
Love_To_Death.zip
Love to death working 4 1.10
(3.31 MiB) Downloaded 648 times
Starlight

Post by Starlight »

I am fine with fixing up the files a bit as well for:
1. Text fixes / Minor errors
2. Some bug fixes for WML (perhaps they are already in the post).

Most important - how do we get the files on the server since posting them on the forum still means that majority of the people will get the old version.
greenman wrote:I PM'd Geos to offer some help, but he hasn't replied or logged in for ages and it appears the campaign is abandoned. Is anyone still maintaining this campaign?