1.4 Bad Moon Rising (obsolete)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Post Reply
User avatar
doofus-01
Art Contributor
Posts: 3859
Joined: January 6th, 2008, 9:27 pm
Location: USA

Re: 1.4 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (0.4.7 >20 scenarios)

Post by doofus-01 »

aZu,

That is a bug which I believe was fixed a couple of versions back. Hopefully, updating to the version currently on the server will help you get past that.

If you are using the latest version, and have tried starting that scenario over from the very beginning, then something else is wrong. I'll look at it again if you can give me the save-game file from the beginning of the scenario (not an auto-save or turn 1 save). Post it here or in a PM.

aZu
Posts: 22
Joined: December 31st, 2008, 8:37 am

Re: 1.4 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (0.4.7 >20 scenarios)

Post by aZu »

doofus-01 wrote:aZu,

That is a bug which I believe was fixed a couple of versions back. Hopefully, updating to the version currently on the server will help you get past that.

If you are using the latest version, and have tried starting that scenario over from the very beginning, then something else is wrong. I'll look at it again if you can give me the save-game file from the beginning of the scenario (not an auto-save or turn 1 save). Post it here or in a PM.
I just downloaded the version I found on the Wesnoth 1.4.7 add-on server (Bad Moon Rising version 0.4.7.2). I loaded the scenario and played it through, killing every unit and I got the same problem. As for the save-game file, I don't know where it is saved on my Mac. I know how to attach a file but I don't know which folder Battle for Wesnoth saves my scenarios. I am sorry if I don't know much about the forums and files (I am new to them). Anyways, please tell me what I should do with the scenario and how to attach a save-game file. Also, if you would like to, you could give me the debug commands that will make me win the scenario. Thanks for all your help.

aZu

User avatar
doofus-01
Art Contributor
Posts: 3859
Joined: January 6th, 2008, 9:27 pm
Location: USA

Re: 1.4 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (0.4.7 >20 scenarios)

Post by doofus-01 »

I'm not familiar with Wesnoth on a Mac, sorry to say. Does anyone else know? I'm sure this is all spelled out somewhere, I'm having trouble finding it though.

EDIT: And search just worked. Is this it? :
/Users/ yourusername /Library/Prefrences/Wesnoth/

EDIT2: Oops, that's not it. Thanks, Turuk

Also, there are variables that are carried across scenarios, so debug ":n" might cause problems. You could try it, but it might not end well.
Last edited by doofus-01 on December 31st, 2008, 3:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Turuk
Sithslayer
Posts: 5283
Joined: February 28th, 2007, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: 1.4 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (0.4.7 >20 scenarios)

Post by Turuk »

Go to the location with your username.

Username/Library/Preferences/Wesnoth/Saves

Click on the picture to make it bigger.
Attachments
Picture 1.png
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time

aZu
Posts: 22
Joined: December 31st, 2008, 8:37 am

Re: 1.4 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (0.4.7 >20 scenarios)

Post by aZu »

Turuk wrote:Go to the location with your username.

Username/Library/Preferences/Wesnoth/Saves

Click on the picture to make it bigger.
doofus-01 wrote:I'm not familiar with Wesnoth on a Mac, sorry to say. Does anyone else know? I'm sure this is all spelled out somewhere, I'm having trouble finding it though.

EDIT: And search just worked. Is this it? :
/Users/ yourusername /Library/Prefrences/Wesnoth/

EDIT2: Oops, that's not it. Thanks, Turuk
Thanks Turuk and Doofus-01! Here is the attached save-file. Can you give me a debug command to end the scenario, so I can bypass it? Thanks again!

aZu
Attachments
Downed_by_the_Water.gz
(12.42 KiB) Downloaded 144 times

User avatar
doofus-01
Art Contributor
Posts: 3859
Joined: January 6th, 2008, 9:27 pm
Location: USA

Re: 1.4 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (0.4.7 >20 scenarios)

Post by doofus-01 »

aZu,

You can try ":debug" ":n" but I can't guarantee it will work because certain variables are carried over across scenarios.

Something else did occur to me though:

Did you move a side 1 unit to location 10,30 (where Carghanna's image should be)? I might need to clean up the dialogue to make that more obvious.

I'll run through this with your save, but won't have any results until tomorrow.

aZu
Posts: 22
Joined: December 31st, 2008, 8:37 am

Re: 1.4 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (0.4.7 >20 scenarios)

Post by aZu »

doofus-01 wrote:aZu,

You can try ":debug" ":n" but I can't guarantee it will work because certain variables are carried over across scenarios.

Something else did occur to me though:

Did you move a side 1 unit to location 10,30 (where Carghanna's image should be)? I might need to clean up the dialogue to make that more obvious.

I'll run through this with your save, but won't have any results until tomorrow.
:n worked! Thank you so much. I had already tried moving a unit to Carghann's picture and it failed. Whatever. Thanks with the campaign. I am sure I will enjoy it. I hope you are able to fix the problem.

aZu

User avatar
doofus-01
Art Contributor
Posts: 3859
Joined: January 6th, 2008, 9:27 pm
Location: USA

Re: 1.4 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (0.4.7 >20 scenarios)

Post by doofus-01 »

Just to close this out, the scenario worked fine for me, so it's hard to say where the problem was. Hopefully it was just that aZu started from a mid-game save after updating.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects

aZu
Posts: 22
Joined: December 31st, 2008, 8:37 am

Re: 1.4 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (0.4.7 >20 scenarios)

Post by aZu »

doofus-01 wrote:Just to close this out, the scenario worked fine for me, so it's hard to say where the problem was. Hopefully it was just that aZu started from a mid-game save after updating.
Hmm that's strange because I didn't start from a mid game save. Whatever. I played through the rest of the campaign and I really liked it. I hope you can make a continuation. I got another problem though on the last scenario. It wouldn't let me load an auto-save or even undo turns (ex: go back to turn 12). Wesnoth gave me an error about some random recall list. It was ok though, I debugged my way through the level :D. I thought you might want to take a look at the save file so I attached it.
Attachments
Salvation.gz
(27.41 KiB) Downloaded 94 times

User avatar
doofus-01
Art Contributor
Posts: 3859
Joined: January 6th, 2008, 9:27 pm
Location: USA

Re: 1.4 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (0.4.7 >20 scenarios)

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks, aZu. I'll look at it. Just a question that might help me debug it: Did you use ":n" on any of the other scenarios?
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects

aZu
Posts: 22
Joined: December 31st, 2008, 8:37 am

Re: 1.4 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (0.4.7 >20 scenarios)

Post by aZu »

doofus-01 wrote:Thanks, aZu. I'll look at it. Just a question that might help me debug it: Did you use ":n" on any of the other scenarios?
No, I just created some immortal units of my own to assure success.

User avatar
doofus-01
Art Contributor
Posts: 3859
Joined: January 6th, 2008, 9:27 pm
Location: USA

Re: 1.4 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (0.4.7 >20 scenarios)

Post by doofus-01 »

OK, I think I see what the problem might be. Were you able to load a file in "Heavens Gate"?

Thanks.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects

aZu
Posts: 22
Joined: December 31st, 2008, 8:37 am

Re: 1.4 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (0.4.7 >20 scenarios)

Post by aZu »

doofus-01 wrote:OK, I think I see what the problem might be. Were you able to load a file in "Heavens Gate"?

Thanks.
Maybe I am not sure it didn't clearly say. The scenario worked fine though.

aZu

User avatar
doofus-01
Art Contributor
Posts: 3859
Joined: January 6th, 2008, 9:27 pm
Location: USA

Re: 1.4 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (0.4.7 >20 scenarios)

Post by doofus-01 »

OK. I won't be able to work on this until tonight, but from your save-file I think the orc sovereign got stored as a player with a recall list. If Heavens Gate couldn't get loaded either, that means the problem is in the previous scenario. If Heavens Gate could get loaded, then it is the culprit.

Thanks for the report.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects

aZu
Posts: 22
Joined: December 31st, 2008, 8:37 am

Re: 1.4 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (0.4.7 >20 scenarios)

Post by aZu »

doofus-01 wrote:OK. I won't be able to work on this until tonight, but from your save-file I think the orc sovereign got stored as a player with a recall list. If Heavens Gate couldn't get loaded either, that means the problem is in the previous scenario. If Heavens Gate could get loaded, then it is the culprit.

Thanks for the report.
No problem just doing my duty as a campaign junkie :D.

aZu

Post Reply