Flight to Freedom (drake campaign)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

RedLTeut

Post by RedLTeut »

I am stuck at Return to Morogor. I think one of the 3 could kill me.
Maybe there could be a level before it where you gather money?
Terrain isn't good for blocking combat either

btw, I somehow missed the dialogue were it is explained why the storm gate is to be destroyed later on ..
MadMax

Re: Battle report

Post by MadMax »

RedLTeut wrote:completed Exodus on turn 30 of 30(on easy). I was only able to recruit 8 units, which means this was a very lucky outcome.

The first text in Blockade is not being translated and the Naga Guardian unit name is not being translated.
These, like the earlier issues, will have to wait until I can get my wescamp subdirectory.
RedLTeut wrote:btw, I somehow missed the dialogue were it is explained why the storm gate is to be destroyed later on ..
It's destroyed in Gate of Storms (the level).
RedLTeut wrote:I am stuck at Return to Morogor. I think one of the 3 could kill me.
Maybe there could be a level before it where you gather money?
Terrain isn't good for blocking combat either
Did you engage the mermen and nagas in Blockade, or did you go through them? It is sufficient to reach the other side of the map. If you needed a lot of units to get through, then I probably should tone down the mermen and nagas, or make them hate each other more.

However, I do think I'll increase the turn limit in Blockade, to increase the early finish bonus you receive, although that probably won't be enough.

Also, how hard was Gate of Storms?
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
RedLTeut

Post by RedLTeut »

I simply bypassed them in Blockade and only got attacked by one Naga.

Gate of storms seemed impossible to me until I did it - I sacrificed one level 3 unit though. I did not fight my way to the storm gate, I sneaked there, but of course got engaged near the foes castle. The ranged ghosts are especially troublemaking.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

RedLTeut wrote:I simply bypassed them in Blockade and only got attacked by one Naga.

Gate of storms seemed impossible to me until I did it - I sacrificed one level 3 unit though. I did not fight my way to the storm gate, I sneaked there, but of course got engaged near the foes castle. The ranged ghosts are especially troublemaking.
Try this version of Blockade, which gives you 30 turns, but places mermen and nagas in your way.

Yes, I know that the sounds and animations for some of the naga are screwed up, but they have already been fixed.
Attachments
Blockade.cfg
(4.45 KiB) Downloaded 193 times

Gus

Post by Gus »

Is this still maintained? I can't seem to find it on the campaign server =/
Hard work may pay off in the long run, but laziness always pays off right away.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Gus wrote:Is this still maintained? I can't seem to find it on the campaign server =/
It's up now. Thanks for noticing this!

I still maintain it when I get the chance, but only on a per-Wesnoth version basis.

Gus

Post by Gus »

That's very nice of you, thank you! =)
Warhangel

Post by Warhangel »

MadMax wrote:
Gus wrote:Is this still maintained? I can't seem to find it on the campaign server =/
It's up now. Thanks for noticing this!
But now, I can't find it :(
It is because of new 1.1.14 version?
Gus

Post by Gus »

Well, yeah, it doesn't seem to be up =/ I'm using 1.1.14, but the campaign server is supposed to be the same as 1.1.13, so it should be there if it was uploaded.

Any chance you could zip it and put it here? Many thanks =)
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

I re-uploaded it to campaigns.wesnoth.org:15003 (which appeared to have been cleared).

I can't zip it, because it weighs in at 5.1MB uncompressed, and there's a 500K limit on attachments here. Also, no compression algorithm could knock off over 90% of the original file. Since I do not own any webspace, I can't host it myself.

Gus

Post by Gus »

Oh, you're the only one using that for now ^^ Anyway, i installed it, thanks for your efforts =)
Warhangel

Post by Warhangel »

Now, main campaigns-server on :15004 and there is no "Flight for Freedom" on them. Old campaigns-server on :15003 and only campaign on it - is "Flight for Freedom" ;)
I download "Flight for Freedom", zip it, and host on:

http://warhangel.ru/wesnoth/campaigns/F ... om_1_x.zip

You may download it from there if old campaigns-server will be not availible.

P.S. Sorry for my English, but English - not my native language ;)
Warhangel

Post by Warhangel »

There is an error in "Caravan". Save-game is not loading, because Falcon is "fly away" from map - his position is (48,31), but maximum position on the map is (50,30) :(

P.S. And the same bug in the next "Blue River"
Attachments
Caravan_Turn_10.zip
(26.78 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Warhangel wrote:There is an error in "Caravan". Save-game is not loading, because Falcon is "fly away" from map - his position is (48,31), but maximum position on the map is (50,30) :(

P.S. And the same bug in the next "Blue River"
Try this npc.cfg, in Flight_Freedom_1_x/utils, which fixes a bug in the falcon's code. However, you will have to replay the levels.

Warhangel: Thank you very much for the hosting!

My campaign is now on campaigns.wesnoth.org:15004.

EDIT: forgot to attach file :oops:
Attachments
npc.cfg
(4.87 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
Last edited by MadMax on December 23rd, 2006, 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nova

Post by Nova »

I've got a small group of folks here, and I've been toying with the idea of organizing them into an expert team of some sort. Sadly, there's no espionage that needs doing, so we need another goal.

One interesting suggestion was "Make sure Flight to Freedom makes in into an official Wesnoth release."

The idea has been kicked around, with no firm conclusions yet. None of us has any particular interest in working on the files, themselves, so we'd be more like constructive criticism technicians. Or something.

In conclusion, we exist, maybe.

Will there be an "official" release of FtF soon? That would help our planning to know. There have been a lot of patches offered here, but I'm not sure if they've been included in the campaign server download section. (Making them official).