Invasion from the Unknown (1.9.99) for Wesnoth 1.4

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Invasion from the Unknown (1.0.2) - compatible with BfW 1.4!

Post by Iris »

Doesn't look like a bug for me, and seems to be related to the unit having traits which modify their HP (i.e. quick, resilient and strong).
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Helix

Re: Invasion from the Unknown (1.0.10) for Wesnoth 1.4

Post by Helix »

Hello everyone,

i got a small problem with "the source of light". I killed all enemies and need to get access to the last sign (29,67). The problem is, that its all surrounded by rocks and therefor i cant enter it.

Thanks in advance,

Helix
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Released 1.0.10. Read the first post for download locations.

Don't download the external site's tarballs unless you can afford the waste of bandwidth. Seems that my packaging script got lost with the migration to a SVN repository. :|
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Helix wrote:Hello everyone,

i got a small problem with "the source of light". I killed all enemies and need to get access to the last sign (29,67). The problem is, that its all surrounded by rocks and therefor i cant enter it.

Thanks in advance,

Helix
I'll research into it as shortly as possible.
uddhava

Post by uddhava »

Hello i started playing this campaign today and have lots of fun with it. I can't seem to finish one of the scenario's though. I believe it's called the Library. I eliminated everything on the map (i got a message telling me so) but these drones keep appearing until i run out of turns no matter how many i kill. I searched the posts but only found one 'solution' which involves tampering with the files at which i suck. Is there another way or did i miss a post? I would really like to get on with the campaign. I like the storyline a lot plus the fact that ypu get to fight with so many different units in one army

Greetz Uddhava
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

uddhava wrote:Hello i started playing this campaign today and have lots of fun with it. I can't seem to finish one of the scenario's though. I believe it's called the Library. I eliminated everything on the map (i got a message telling me so) but these drones keep appearing until i run out of turns no matter how many i kill. I searched the posts but only found one 'solution' which involves tampering with the files at which i suck. Is there another way or did i miss a post? I would really like to get on with the campaign. I like the storyline a lot plus the fact that ypu get to fight with so many different units in one army

Greetz Uddhava
You must reach the southern edge of the map. You are *not* supposed to kill all the drones. That's one of the few original things in this campaign, AFAIK.

Are you sure it's the library?
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

Hello. This is a pretty good campaign, but on one of the last levels, "Welcome to the Lair" I have encountered what seems to be an infinite loop.

I destroyed all the cockatrices and the Chimera within about five turns, and then the randomly spawning level one units began to come, and come, and come. At first, it was kind of neat; easy xp, leveled up all those skeleton soldiers you get for free. After 156 turns, however, the fun ends. There is no dialogue, no change, no end. I looked at the WML and I can't figure out when it is supposed to end. If it is supposed to go this long, it is a very stupid scenario. It's not challenging, it is just stupid.

This seems to be a bug, though, so if you could help me out here, or at least give me a very good reason to keep slaughtering those poor little lvl. 1 units, I would much appreciate it.
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Insinuator wrote:Hello. This is a pretty good campaign, but on one of the last levels, "Welcome to the Lair" I have encountered what seems to be an infinite loop.

I destroyed all the cockatrices and the Chimera within about five turns, and then the randomly spawning level one units began to come, and come, and come. At first, it was kind of neat; easy xp, leveled up all those skeleton soldiers you get for free. After 156 turns, however, the fun ends. There is no dialogue, no change, no end. I looked at the WML and I can't figure out when it is supposed to end. If it is supposed to go this long, it is a very stupid scenario. It's not challenging, it is just stupid.

This seems to be a bug, though, so if you could help me out here, or at least give me a very good reason to keep slaughtering those poor little lvl. 1 units, I would much appreciate it.
You must be playing an old version of IFtU, I think Shadow Master has fixed that bug, in the latest the Shadow Master should appear after 3 turns after killin the Chimera.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Espreon wrote:
Insinuator wrote:Hello. This is a pretty good campaign, but on one of the last levels, "Welcome to the Lair" I have encountered what seems to be an infinite loop.

You must be playing an old version of IFtU, I think Shadow Master has fixed that bug, in the latest the Shadow Master should appear after 3 turns after killin the Chimera.
False. In the latest the Shadow Master appears a turn after you enter his chamber. All of you are playing old versions. That scenario was remade from scratch, basically. :augh:
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Helix wrote:Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance,

Helix
Um. It isn't a bug, you just have to find a touchplate (indicated by an animation) south from the sign, which is blocked by rocks unless you activate a touchplate north-east from the sign.

It seems I didn't make it noticeable enough. Next version will include a more obvious and nice indication of what to do in that area.
Sly

Re: Invasion from the Unknown (1.0.2) - compatible with BfW 1.4!

Post by Sly »

Shadow Master wrote:
Sly wrote:I found a bug with the Dire Bat : when she kills a living unit, sometimes she gain more than 1 HP (8, 9 or 11 usually) ...
Maybe the problem is with the FEEDING ability or with the combination of FEEDING and DRAIN :?

I have a Bat with 300 HP on 7th scenario :mrgreen:
Doesn't look like a bug for me, and seems to be related to the unit having traits which modify their HP (i.e. quick, resilient and strong).
I don't clearly see why it's not a bug, but if you say it ... I like my now 400 HP bat 8)
uddhava

Post by uddhava »

Shadow Master wrote:
uddhava wrote:Hello i started playing this campaign today and have lots of fun with it. I can't seem to finish one of the scenario's though. I believe it's called the Library. I eliminated everything on the map (i got a message telling me so) but these drones keep appearing until i run out of turns no matter how many i kill. I searched the posts but only found one 'solution' which involves tampering with the files at which i suck. Is there another way or did i miss a post? I would really like to get on with the campaign. I like the storyline a lot plus the fact that ypu get to fight with so many different units in one army

Greetz Uddhava
You must reach the southern edge of the map. You are *not* supposed to kill all the drones. That's one of the few original things in this campaign, AFAIK.

Are you sure it's the library?
Yep it is. The southwest part of th emap is all lava but i went everywhere with my elvish ancestors and triggerd nothing. I debugged it tho. I'd rather to it the normal way. Thanks anywho

Uddhava
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

uddhava wrote:Yep it is. The southwest part of th emap is all lava but i went everywhere with my elvish ancestors and triggerd nothing. I debugged it tho. I'd rather to it the normal way. Thanks anywho

Uddhava
What southwest? What lava? There are only abyss, and you are meant to go straight south, and move Galas, Mal Keshar or Anlindë to (22,40), (23,40)... (28,40).
Elerias

Post by Elerias »

Shadow Master wrote:What
southwest? What lava? There are only abyss, and you are meant to go
straight south, and move Galas, Mal Keshar or Anlindë to
(22,40), (23,40)... (28,40).
I have to say i had to look to scenario cfg to find those coordinates after some time of searching the map, because in scenario description there is nothing about south border. i dont remember exactly but there was something about way to continue deeper which made me a little confused.

But overall the campaign is great. If not the best i played than one of the best for sure. I love the possibility of having units from multiple factions, even if i find getting some aragwaithi hard as in the first scenario with them i was very limited on funds so i had to recall my veteran units. The second was quite easier in the end but also risky to use lvl 1 units. The plenty of boss scenarios makes it really great and not stereotyped. Nice work.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Invasion from the Unknown (1.0.12) for Wesnoth 1.4

Post by Iris »

Thanks.

I've just released IftU 1.0.12, both to my website and the 1.4 campaign server. The tarball in the website should now have a sane file size. Enjoy!
Elerias wrote:I dont remember exactly but there was something about way to continue deeper which made me a little confused.
It's as easy as continuing "deeper" with your land-based units. OK, I'll fix that objective description, perhaps it wasn't really clear at all.