Raajal

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

genosuke

Post by genosuke »

In version 0.2, which I'll upload today, you only have to kill one witch. Just surround one of them with units that have strong melee attacks and use the two units with leadership (Horomir and the general) to deal more damage.
Edward V Riley

Post by Edward V Riley »

Ok. Will give it a try.
Who Knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow knows
Edward V Riley

Post by Edward V Riley »

quote] strategy:

- head to the low water/island
- make sure you manage to put your units on an high defense land
- survive[/quote]

*slaps forehead*, I should have thought of that. Guess I was sleepy when I played it earlier. And I call myself a tactical genius.....geez.
Who Knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow knows
vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

Hello Genosuke ! I like to thank you for this nice campaign!

I have played it several times with setting easy and medium, and can only agree to what Edward V Riley said about the witches. IMHO the units need to be better balanced.

I played 0.2.1 and noticed, that the undead/ghosts got much more invisible than in 0.1.8. In my opinion this is a bit overdone, because i have difficulties to see them. Because they are ghosts, they should be more difficult to hit by the enemy. They have very low HP and when a dwarf hits them twice they return to the castle.

The map in the second scenario (with the castle) could be made a bit bigger and changed, to slow down the escaping elves and dwarfes. The Trolls should only be level 2 trolls. The Level3 Trolls are too powerful and kill too much of the dwarfes and elves. They should only hold them back for a while.
Maybe the shallow water can be rerouted to the left side of the little island? And then the escape for the elves can be on the upper right corner.
These are my thoughts.

Greetings
Stefan
genosuke

Post by genosuke »

I have played it several times with setting easy and medium, and can only agree to what Edward V Riley said about the witches. IMHO the units need to be better balanced.
The witches, Raajal, and Randalf are all supposed to be much more powerful than the other units. If "Overboard" is too difficult, I'll try to make it easier to survive until end of turns without making the witches any weaker.
I played 0.2.1 and noticed, that the undead/ghosts got much more invisible than in 0.1.8. In my opinion this is a bit overdone, because i have difficulties to see them. Because they are ghosts, they should be more difficult to hit by the enemy. They have very low HP and when a dwarf hits them twice they return to the castle.
I'll adjust their opacity and defense.
The map in the second scenario (with the castle) could be made a bit bigger and changed, to slow down the escaping elves and dwarfes. The Trolls should only be level 2 trolls. The Level3 Trolls are too powerful and kill too much of the dwarfes and elves. They should only hold them back for a while.
Maybe the shallow water can be rerouted to the left side of the little island? And then the escape for the elves can be on the upper right corner.
These are my thoughts.
I was thinking about redesigning the map to make it more interesting. I'll consider your suggestions.