Abandoned Add-ons - Need Maintainers - Open to Anyone

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

josteph
Inactive Developer

Re: Abandoned Add-ons - Need Maintainers - Open to Anyone

Post by josteph »

8) 8) 8)
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

If you're interested, I retrieved from my backups a copy of the content of the 1.7 add-ons server which I made just a few hours before it was shut down. It even includes the web interface page with all the add-ons listed.
If you want to get it, I've uploaded it here: https://transfer.sh/OISy/1.7_addons.zip (expires in 14 days).
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

That's tbh pretty cool, but is there maybe a way to put it on the add-ons server for 1.7? Like this I have those add-ons now, but pretty much noone else will have access.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Thanks to soliton's effort, the content of the 1.7 server has been restored and can be accessed here: http://add-ons.wesnoth.org/1.7/
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Of course the list is now also up to date for the contents of the 1.7 server.

EDIT:
And for the 1.5 server as well.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

This might have been asked before, but: how good should one be at WML before attempting to port a campaign?

Edit: the point of this question is: I have a campaign of my own roughly sketched out. Which should be the progression for an aspiring modder that needs experience? Porting something from BfW1.12 to 1.14, or first learning with one's own campaign (trial and error, obviously) and then porting a far-larger existing campaign?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

I would say learn writing your own campaign first. There were a lot of changes between 1.12 and 1.14, so trying to work through those while also having to read someone else's code could end up very frustrating.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Alright, ten*-episode campaign for BfW 1.14 it is.

Thanks. :)

*speculative number
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Spoiler:
Last edited by Major_Swampy on March 18th, 2020, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

Legends of Idaamub will be ported to 1.15 when the dependencies (War of Legends and Legend of the Invincibles) will be.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Does anybody know whether the campaign ‘The Hidden Kingdom’ has been ported to BfW 1.12 or 1.14 but not uploaded into their add-on servers? I can only find it on BfW 1.10 and I thought that for my own campaign there were a couple of mechanics I could use/emulate and I've been wondering how up-to or out-of-date the code I'm trying to copy might be.
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Sadaharu wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 10:19 pm Does anybody know whether the campaign ‘The Hidden Kingdom’ has been ported to BfW 1.12 or 1.14 but not uploaded into their add-on servers? I can only find it on BfW 1.10 and I thought that for my own campaign there were a couple of mechanics I could use/emulate and I've been wondering how up-to or out-of-date the code I'm trying to copy might be.
I suppose that if The Hidden Kingdom was ported it would be on add-on servers.

Edit: yep, 1.10 was the last version this add-on was available. http://add-ons.wesnoth.org/1.10/
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Yes, that's the one I have on 1.10. I suppose it'll be trial and error then, but what modding isn't?

Edit: I've since found that some scenarios in THK are broken (i.e. not misbalanced, just with wrongly-coded WML that prevents them from ending and so on) so it's not the best of examples except in terms of general ideas and concepts. It's a pity - I wish I could fix it and then port it but I barely have enough skill and time for my own project.
Svenorovitch

Post by Svenorovitch »

Hey there, I'm kinda new on the forum but I would like to work on a campaign, does anybody need help ? (I am a developer but I don't really know WML...)
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Svenorovitch wrote: October 29th, 2019, 9:14 am Hey there, I'm kinda new on the forum but I would like to work on a campaign, does anybody need help ? (I am a developer but I don't really know WML...)
You could probably ask DEAD-HEAD who wanted help here.