Abandoned Add-ons - Need Maintainers - Open to Anyone

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dabug

Re: Abandoned campaigns you can take over and work on

Post by dabug »

Greetings all. I would be interested in working on an abandoned campaign or collaborating on coding and scenario development on an in-progress one. Does anyone have a suggestion?

I've seen references to an old campaign called "Volcano Island". I don't really know much about it other than it involves nagas and sounds interesting. Is anyone developing it these days? Would it be a candidate for work?
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

It could be a candidate for work given that it has not been updated since the days of 1.2, but your best bet is to PM the author and see what his plans are for that campaign. Skizzaltix is the author and still active on the forums, so I am sure he could give you some guidance and/or information about it.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Limabean

Post by Limabean »

Hi everyone,
I think it's time I add Forgotten Kingdom to the "abandoned" list. There are a bunch of problems that I don't know how to fix and I just havn't had the time to put a decent effort into improving it. Still, it's more than half finished with plenty of unique units (and more needed before the end if there are artists interested :wink: ). It's also updated to 1.6 so you won't have to worry about that

If anyone has played it and wants to take over or is just interested and wants to find out more, please PM me and I'll give you all the information and files you need.

Thanks,
Lima
Matthi205

Post by Matthi205 »

So,because I haven't found any way to repair my terminal I give Angels fear to Thread to the abondoned list.Recoding from 1.2 takes too long.

Ah,and the "Green Isle" with the superior Fae faction?
PS:I would like to see the Fae attached to the Standard era.
EDIT:My avatar is taken from the Green Isle campaign images.(Green Mage)
zaimoni

Post by zaimoni »

I'm planning to resurrect Mystery Campaign (probably severe rewrite due to the terrain changes).
mich
Translator

Re: Abandoned Campaigns - Need Maintainers - Open to Anyone

Post by mich »

Hi, I want to resurrect "Ooze Mini Campaign", we can't let it die. I have already a working version of it (for 1.6.x). Who was its last manteiner so I can contact him? Thanks.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

mich wrote:Hi, I want to resurrect "Ooze Mini Campaign", we can't let it die. I have already a working version of it (for 1.6.x). Who was its last manteiner so I can contact him? Thanks.
I would say the most current version currently sits on Wesnoth UMC-Dev, and I wouldn't say it really has a maintainer anymore.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

mich wrote:Hi, I want to resurrect "Ooze Mini Campaign", we can't let it die. I have already a working version of it (for 1.6.x). Who was its last manteiner so I can contact him? Thanks.
I think the last maintainer was CIB.

Good luck, Ooze Mini-Campaign is one of my favorites.

EDIT: And yes, it's on Wesnoth UMC-Dev.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

Thanks for the informations guys.
"Ooze Mini Campaign" is alive again now, you can find it in the 1.6 add-on server.
And yes, it's on Wesnoth UMC-Dev.
Yes, I have take a look at it. If I have to put the new version there, just let me know (send me a pm), but at the moment i'm not registered at sourceforge.
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

mich wrote:Thanks for the informations guys.
"Ooze Mini Campaign" is alive again now, you can find it in the 1.6 add-on server.
And yes, it's on Wesnoth UMC-Dev.
Yes, I have take a look at it. If I have to put the new version there, just let me know (send me a pm), but at the moment i'm not registered at sourceforge.
I don't think you need to be registered at sourceforge to check out an SVN copy.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

I don't think you need to be registered at sourceforge to check out an SVN copy.
Yes, I know, but the question was if I have to upload the new version there. Sorry for my bad english.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

mich wrote:Yes, I know, but the question was if I have to upload the new version there. Sorry for my bad english.
Only if you want to be a part of that project, beyond that, you are free to just upload it only on the add-on server.
SpenceLack

Post by SpenceLack »

Oh wow, awesome! I'm the original creator of Ooze Mini-Campaign.

I'm glad to see there is still some interest in it.

I'd been planning to upconvert it to v1.6 for a while now but I was having some problems with the WML. Also, I tend to procrastinate a lot.

So while the campaign isn't completely abandoned, if Mich still wants to maintain it that's fine with me...

If not, that's cool too. I just played through Mich's upconverted version and it worked out very well. Please let me know what you want to do.

Thank you,

-Spencelack
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

Hi SpenceLack, I'm glad that you are still around.
If you want I can send to you the .pbl file, so you can regain control over your creation. Else, I will not do much work on it, just try to keep updated with wesnoth stable version and fix the possible promblems caused by the conversion. In the better case, I can try to add another multiplayer level.
You know, this campaign is really fun, I couldn't let it die, so I have updated it, but if you want control on it, I'm really happy to give it back to you.

I'm sorry that I have made a big mistake in the multiplayer part that caused a bad problem, I have already uploaded a new version that fix it. So who have already downloaded it have to update to the new version, sorry again.
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

ooze minicampaign was awsome. the worst part was when it ended, cause i couldn't play anymore.

i am kind of interested in the tests of an undead man: a brief plot summary would help please.