New - Fargoths Bow

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Nyimen

New - Fargoths Bow

Post by Nyimen »

Hullo... :D

Well I've been playing Wesnoth on and off for about 2 years now, probably not that long to veterans but its ok i suppose, I have just found the campaign generator/utility/helper thing called CampGen and decided to setup a little campaign of my own so that I could see how it all works. :shock:

Hopefully attached you will find the file containing the campaign I made and here is the campaign picture I made using google/paint/wesnoth(units).

Anywho thats about it for the introduction now for a bit of what I hope to do and the story line, I'll post that once I know what I'm gonna do. :?:

Just for now if anyone could post some hopefully constructive criticism here it would be a big help, especially I would like to make a Unit specifically for one of my heros not just use a 'Elvish Lady' which is really bad, sorry.

P.S. If the file doesnt work at all it probably because the director structure is kind odd, but I dont know until someone tries. :?

Edit: Old picture > New picture
Attachments
FBArc.zip
Fargoths Bow - Hope it works
(517.33 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
Last edited by Nyimen on July 11th, 2007, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When did I realise I was God? It was when I was praying and I realised I was speaking to myself"

Fargoths Bow Creator/Maintainer
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Where did you get the painting of the elf holding the bow? It might not be legal to use it, if it's not GPL'd...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Get rid of that picture as you didn't make it.
Nyimen

Post by Nyimen »

Where did you get the painting of the elf holding the bow? It might not be legal to use it, if it's not GPL'd...
Well unfortunately or fortunately the person I got it from posted it on a forum and the site he/she got it from no longer exists.

I think its probably for the best if I change it anyway, its a bit Warcraft esque anywho.

Heres the Campaign menu picture I cant get to work. :D

P.S. I know its Sylvanas Whisperwind :P
P.S.S. The site was called Dracarts if that helps.
"When did I realise I was God? It was when I was praying and I realised I was speaking to myself"

Nyimen

Post by Nyimen »

If you have played the campaign's first two missions, The Beginning and Pass of Kiloth, the only ones I've created thus far you will know alot about whats going on, if you havent I recommend you do. It may not be a great view but its better than this rough time line I'll put down here.

Timeline

War of the Races
-
Weldyn dispatches diplomat to Aethenwood and the elven council there.
-
Diplomat discovers the elves are in a similar situation to the humans and attempts to return home to report on findings.
-
Elvish pride sect assassinates the diplomat and covers this up from rest of elven nation.
-
Diplomats death leaks to human commanders at Weldyn
-
Humans dispatch forces to the edge of Aethenwood to force surrender and an expleination
-
Elves see this as a great threat and as the assassination was hidden ready their defenses.
-
Sylvanas and her friend are exiled for going against councils decision to make war.
-
Battle of Aethenwood, humans lose against the well equipped and defensible elvish homeland.
-
Human forces retreat to the southern border fort of Talin.
-
Fort is deserted
-
3 days later a huge orcish horde from the south arrives and slaughters the weak and injured human forces.
-
The new and unified forces of the orcish hordes sweep accross the land of wesnoth and take hold of may towns and cities.
-
Orcish forces surround the city state of Elensfar and prepare for the siege to take it.
-
Meanwhile the hordes army in the east arrives at Dan Tonk near Weldyn and Konrads Great Grandson rides out to confront them, his army is defeated and he dies in combat, thus ending Konrads house.
-
Orcish forces take Elensefar in a brief battle and enslave or drive the populance off into the north.
-
Orcish hordes siege the weakened Weldyn and capture it thus ending the human resistance below the Great river.
-
Sylvanas heads toward a pass hoping to escape and find the Northern elves.

Colour Codes.
Green - Sylvanas Activities
Orange - Battles (Not involving Major comabatants(Heroes))
Red - Very Important Events

MDG

Your signature may be a problem

Post by MDG »

Eleazar wrote:* No animated avatars or graphical signatures. We consider them distracting.
From the posting guidelines thread stickied in the User's Forum.

Good luck with the campaign though.
Nyimen

Post by Nyimen »

Good luck with the campaign though.
Er thanks, that would be the first nice and on subject comment I have so far. :D

P.S. Sorry about the signature. :?

garak

Post by garak »

I am always happy if someone makes a new campaign :D ,but you didnot say for what version it is :( . :?:
MDG

Version?

Post by MDG »

I'm using Battle for Wesnoth version 1.3.4 and couldn't find this on the add-ons list so, I am presuming this is for the 1.2.x stable branch?

Anyway, the timeline above looks like an interesting start.
Nyimen

Post by Nyimen »

Yeah I'm using 1.2.5 for editing purposes, the version of the CampGen that would work with 1.3.x doesnt run for me. :(

Eventually once the creators of the editor release a windows installer for the 0.27 version (for 1.3.x) I will attempt to port, until then I am stuck with two versions of wesnoth, one for modding and one for playing.

Nyimen

Post by Nyimen »

Ok well what I'm going to try to do today is make a training level, the player will find themselves at a friendly port on a river in the 'North' and from here they can either head towards a dock to buy passage to the north elves in the east, or they can hang about and use some of the areas training utilities.

If I can figure out how to work options I may create a branch for the campaign here so the user can either advance his/her units further, or hurry on with the mainline quest.

I still dont know if these elves will be either sea elves (river elves) that have come inland or the actual Northern elves.

I will take a few shots once I have created the scenario and post them here.

santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Story issue: If Weldyn is taken and the human state in Wesnoth is eliminated, there can be no more Wesnoth campaigns-at least humanwise. This means that for example, EI, which is set to well
after Konrad is in conflict with your story.
If you set the story 2 generations after Konrad, the human-elvish alliance is still strong-at least with the Northern elves, which is presumably
where Kalenz stays. Maybe Sylvana makes it there on time and
the army from the North elves arrives to make the save.
You probably should use another elvish character to lead the Northern elves army, not Kalenz: After featuring in 3 campaigns, he needs a rest....(plus HttT ends with him never venturing south again)
Nyimen

Post by Nyimen »

Or I could possibly make konrad the 2nd stationed in Elensfar, therefore he could survive the war by fleeing north and creating the resistance up there, possibly. :D

The thing about kalenz is I just use the picture, it not actually him, its a guy called Sithil, I'm going to have to change that later on and add a different picture probably...

Anywho back to work, I've started on the map of Kablez the northern fort they are to buy passage from and its looking sort of good.

If anyone knows how to setup options it would be a big help, otherwise I shall just need to use, Move to events. :(

P.S. Thanks for the info, I want to try and keep it sorta in the timeline.

santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Maybe, but the whole Kingdom must either survive or somehow get restored...
Do not worry about the pictures . Getting new portraits is hard unless you do it yourself, and then there are always people who think no portrait is better than a bad/mediocre portrait....
MDG

Options in WML

Post by MDG »

If anyone knows how to setup options it would be a big help
Wiki page on the Message tag and the Option sub-tag. For an example of it in use, you could look at the .cfg file for the scenario Bay of Pearls in the campaign Heir to the Throne.