Town vs Gown - version 0.4 on campaign server.

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tw

Post by tw »

Version 0.4 on the server. Ivesi's recall list now works.

Unless I do more today, there won't be any further updates until the 21st April at the earliest.

As a result, here's a TODO list if anyone feels like contributing. I will refer to existing scenarios as follows

1 - Daylight robbery
2 - An ambush
3 - The riot
4 - Between a rock and a soft place.

Existing scenarios:
* Fix so the Chancellor and Mayor's XP from robbery carry to riot.
* Rework ambush to be more challenging and longer. This will likely involve a map redesign, and I'm thinking it might work better if I place enemy units at the start.
* If possible, rock should to have fog of war only in the Fen area (the same as the initial shroud for the computer in the northeast part)
* General balancing.

New scenarios:
* At least one between riot and rock.

After rock, Ivesi leads a group into the North Fen, while another group (lead by notIvesi) heads north into the mountains. The player should ideally be able to choose which thead to follow first.

* Involving the Saurians and Naga for Ivesi
* Involving Ivesi choosing a location for the new university in a dry area in the Fen
* Involving notIvesi crossing the mountains
* Involving notIvesi at Lake Vrug
* Involving notIvesi deciding to return to Abesford through the Amanita Caverns
* Involving notIvesi retaking Abesford

Custom units:

Anything academically themed or in academic dress basically. But since there are already perfectly good mages I'm particularly interested in physical units.

PS: Apologies for ntuple posting, the edit function seems broken at present.
My campaign, Town vs Gown, under development:
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15822
bignall

Post by bignall »

Playing on easy, when I get to scenario 3, Ivesi does not get recalled... making it rather difficult to win, not to mention that I miss his part of the dialogue. Here's a save file for you to see in case that helps figure out what's going on. I killed off the badie in Scenario 2 instead of getting to the new college. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Any suggestions for how to fix it so that I can coninue?

Edit: I also noticed that on the Chancellor's recall list is Ivesi and multiple copies (3) of all the other characters from the first scenario.
Attachments
TvsG_3_-_The_riot.zip
(9.82 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
tw

Post by tw »

Hmm, I've no idea why that happened? You didn't upgrade the campaign after have played the first scenario or something by any chance?
bignall

Post by bignall »

Nope, this was the first time I have ever downloaded it.
bignall

Post by bignall »

Just to be absolutely positive about the problem, I erased my copy, downloaded again and played again from the beginning - this time on medium. The exact same problem happened. The recall list has multiple copies of all of the original University copies, including several copies of the Chancellor. One of the Chancellors gets used as the leader instead of Ivesi. Ivesi is in the recall list, so I can recall him and win the scenario.

You've got a good start to the story here. I'm looking forward to how it develops.
DDR

Scenario 2

Post by DDR »

There seems to be a slight problem with scenario 2 (downloaded it yesterday). I have my unit go directly to the 1st target. Then, directly to the second. I never fought or recruited anything - I outran the goblins! :wink:
tw

Post by tw »

I know, it needs balancing, it can be a bit random at present. Unfortunately, development by myself is liable to be suspended until after my exams in about 6 weeks time. I need to revise :(