Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
20%
Reaper
10%
Scythemaster
5%
Shadowalker
5%
Shadow Prince
12%
Siege Troll
4%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
13%
Soul Shooter
3%
Swordmaster
13%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
8%
Werewolf Rider
3%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 112

dabber

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by dabber »

Absorption is not meant to stack - you should get the best one. That said, there is a general bug about abilities. You tend to get the version of an ability from AMLAs instead of equipment. Between different equipment, you can sometimes change which one you get based on order of equipping.
tobimagbrot

Post by tobimagbrot »

So I seem to have run into a bug, not sure if it already has been mentioned here but I couldn't find anything about it within a few minutes of search.
Spoiler:
Anyway I didn't think that much of it at first, especially since I didn't quite trust her yet. So I was totally fine with it and continued without her, but now that there seems to be her part of the dialog missing as well it's starting to bug me.

Problem tho is that I can't just go back and fix it.. Well I can but I would have to replay a few sceanarios which I'm not in the mood for.. So i was wondering if there might be an "easy" way to fix that, like overwrite a save so that she's visible again or somehow summon her into my latest save (sry if that might sound stupid i have absolutely no idea as to how all that actually works)

I hope you kinda understand the issue I'm having
dabber

Post by dabber »

Post a save in between scenarios and I think I can copy her into it for you.
Bobit

Post by Bobit »

Does anybody have a Chapter 3 save? Mine got deleted and I really don't want to start from the beginning.
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

For which Wesnoth version? 1.14?
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Bobit wrote: February 26th, 2021, 12:17 am Does anybody have a Chapter 3 save? Mine got deleted and I really don't want to start from the beginning.
Here it is, for Wesnoth 1.14 and the latest stable LotI. It's on the hard difficulty, but you can change difficulty when you load the game if you like
Attachments
LotI1-Thirst for Adventures.gz
(179.98 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Bobit

Post by Bobit »

Nvm, I just didn't have the mod loaded and you can use :n anyway.

I'm burned out on the mod though. Wesnoth has too much story and not enough rogue-ish-ness for me. I think the shorter spinoffs are of higher quality, though unit designs can leave something to be desired and some scenarios are very difficult.

I'm a little curious whether the AI accounts for any of the new abilities, such as is it able to use whirlwind.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

I don't know if I should trust Master Dugi with his surveys. :P
Spoiler:

Now to something completely different: I've been away from BfW for a while, think I might give LotI another run; but I noticed the wiki pages were last updated in 2018? Is @matsjoyce still with us? Anyone have an idea on that?
I have a cunning plan.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

2 bugs on 1.14:
The item 'Transformed Flesh' is being referred to as 'Transformed Connectivity Tissue' in the item set instead of its correct name.

'Lesser Lethargy' doesn't seem to be working.
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

Hello, i want to report a bug,

in the tutorial, after making the twinkling sword, we are told to unequip it, but i can't seem find the button for that. Am I missing something or is it a bug?
Matias198

Post by Matias198 »

Hi, I wanted to post an exploit from Where the sun does not shine. Where the bats spawn, you can station an undead bat and just reap experience. After a point, bats will only spawn in unaccesible terrain, with 100% chance to hit them. If you use this exploit long enough, you can end up having an undead creature that doesn't fly (ghoul, warrior, archer) there up in the chasm grinding its way to max level. Just wanted to comment it, maybe it can be fixed.
Thrash

Post by Thrash »

I think the following is a bug: when Vritra goes on her gladiator scenarios (Gladiatrix) and then when Vritia and Krux are on their own (Despair), they don't have access to any items, but they do have access to whatever gems the main heroes had in the previous scenario.
Thrash

Post by Thrash »

Bug: In "The Chase" if you redeem Deliria with Krux early in the scenario, she vanishes and you cannot apparently finish the scenario.
dabber

Post by dabber »

1) I haven't seen @matsjoyce in a while. He didn't respond when I last tried to get the automated wiki updated.
2) There are various places in LotI where "farming" is possible. To me, farming bats is the weakest, although since it so early, maybe it is powerful. The biggest farming possibilities I think are in chapter 9. I know I've "harvested" about two dozen level 5s per turn in one spot there.
3) Dugi decided to let the gems magically reach across reality. Certainly chapter 10 would be vastly more difficult without the gems.
4) I put a fix for Transformed Flesh into github
5) I have observed the problem with Lesser Lethargy. I haven't figured it out.
Thrash

Post by Thrash »

Bug? Krux can redeem Beelzebub.