Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

The_Gnat

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by The_Gnat »

Dugi wrote:In the past, people wondered about mysteries like why don't the stars fall from the sky. Now, we have mysteries like why did the LotI help option appear there with no reason to appear and then disappear without me having done a thing about it.
:lol: Oh well, if it appears again (with me having done nothing to LotI) i will tell you ;)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

seangregorycaroll wrote:Also, tried adding 'attacks=30' to some gauntlets and it game 30 extra attacks instead of 30% more attacks. Again, my coding sucks so possibly my fault.
Nope, I have implemented it quite weirdly and also mistook it once. That property adds percentual attacks on weapons, on other items, it adds absolute values. I know that it isn't a genius idea.
seangregorycaroll wrote:ide note, I dont think the incinerate special works properly or my game is bugged because my guy didn't get any experience after the orc burned to death :shock:
This is probably a bug, I will have to look at it.
ZYM wrote:After I downloaded the latest version of Loti from github, the alter advancement option doesn't work anymore, every time I clicked one of my unit and try to change the advancement, the game always says, "No advancement was found".
I can replicate it. I might have messed up something.

Btw, can somebody please upload a save file from the beginning of scenario Nightmare in chapter 3? From before the first autosave, named LotI1-Nightmare.gz
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

This is from a few versions past, if you need it from the current version I'd have to play the previous scenario beforehand.
Attachments
LotI1-Nightmare.gz
(261.17 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

This one's fresh:
LotI1-Nightmare.gz
(303.26 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Thank you.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Luckily he'd just picked the best gear available in the last turn of the scenario before, including the full Wisdom set and arcane weapons... :whistle:
Spoiler:
---

In other chitchat: mostly soloed/duoed/trioed through chapter IV, except where I absolutely had to fuss around with my undead; by the end I had some high/max level elves, but no one I further cared about. Had good fun in chapter V; by the third scenario I had soulgated more good veterans than I could use.
Spoiler:
I'm currently in chapter VI. How do you guys play World Without Amity? I remember I had to hold back Leth's undead as well, but it's just ridiculous how those drakes cut through my new, unequipped loys. Even when I get a level 3, which I don't think is too bad, considering I got them fresh the scenario before. So I strictly save-scammed my way through that.
I have a cunning plan.
angelofhell_hau

Post by angelofhell_hau »

It seems this camp not working on new version BFW 1.13.6.....lua error and the enemies don't attack me..just stand where they are set...plz fix it..wanna play it again on new version.... I'm interesting in collecting units with Highlander traits...it's so difficult to recruit the one..... try many times and you can see its power in late game
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Welcome @angelofhell_hau.

It's known LotI doesn't work in 1.13, you're probably much better off if you just use the latest stable release 1.12.6.
I have a cunning plan.
angelofhell_hau

nuorc wrote:Welcome @angelofhell_hau.

It's known LotI doesn't work in 1.13, you're probably much better off if you just use the latest stable release 1.12.6.
I've completed the game with 1.12.6....I also want to play it again on 1.13.6 for more new things....If ya have something new on that one... :D
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

angelofhell_hau wrote:
nuorc wrote:Welcome @angelofhell_hau.

I've completed the game with 1.12.6....I also want to play it again on 1.13.6 for more new things....If ya have something new on that one... :D
The newest version is currently always available for 1.12, though minor changes can be found in the Github version beforehand. Keep in mind that this is UMC, which might not change between Wesnoth versions at all besides small tweaks needed to port it to the new version (e.g. fix bugs that are introduced through changes of the core game between Wesnoth versions).
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

Hello,
I want to report that using Touch of Death gauntlet to an unit that have an attack with lesser than 5 strikes, the unit's attack strike will become a very high number, as shown in this image:
Screenshot
Screenshot
image2.png (45.97 KiB) Viewed 4079 times
Also, the Orcish Warmonger in scenario "The First Blow" have double mayhem for its greatsword.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

Wow, POWER!!!!1!eleven! :twisted: Don't tell Dugi about that, he might fix it! :D
Giant_Hogweed

Post by Giant_Hogweed »

Hello Mr. Dugi
I'm not sure if it is a bug: I was stuck in Inferno after killing Lilith (and let her go) in foul pits and entered in Pandemonium where I tried to kill the Uria's Avatar but it was invulnerable to any attack, even if I poison or incinerate it.
In the forum I asked some question about it and one guest told me about a "friend" that should have helped me, so the only one I thought was the "bad Lethalia", but I had alreday killed her at the beginning (it was the first thing I did after cleaning the trasporting facility). Nevertheless while I was waiting here (I posted the same questions here to you) for a reply I went back to the place where I killed the bad Lethalia, and she became my ally. With her I went back to Pandemonium and after 3-4 attack to the Uria's avatar appeared Lilith that allowed me to kill the avatar and, only after that, the name of the entrance up in the middle of Pandemonium appeared so I was able to enter it.
It raises a question:
1) Was it necessary for me to get the bad Lethalia as a friend to make Lilith appear in Pandemonium, or was it just a problem of how many times I attacked the avatar?

I have killed Uria, but I did it without destroing the machinary that shiftes the rooms in Uria's Den, so I think this is something strange that at least didn't allow me to visit the remaining rooms and stay with a target to do without the possibility to do it. Another strange target is to kill Yarae when it cannot happen by playing.

Kind regards.
Last edited by Giant_Hogweed on February 25th, 2017, 7:23 am, edited 6 times in total.
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

Hello,

I've found something weird in chapter 5,
The trader in scenario Amplificator 3 sells Amulet of Wizard Bane, but when I buy the item, I got Amulet of Reason.
Also, Beelzebub die event still not triggered when he's infected, I'm using the latest Loti from Github.
angelofhell_hau

I've just replayed part II a few day ago... I want to build a team with Highlander trait...it's so difficult to get it..but it doesn't have a full description as part I has....and as player reported... if a character's attack times is fewer than 5, equip an item reduce it...will make it describe a very large number...plz fix it and we can enjoy it perfectly...^^