[Complete] 1v1 Autumn League

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dwarftough

[Complete] 1v1 Autumn League

Post by dwarftough »

Hi everyone! I'm proud to announce that the 1v1 Autumn League has started! Join the autohosted "1v1 Autumn League" games in the lobby (the bot's nickname is "1v1League"), no registration is needed. Report you victories whispering to the bot "won <gamenumber>" and compete for the place in the leaderboard!

The league will run till Oct 23, 2021 (if we decide to extend the period, we will notify). When the league finishes, the Hall of Fame with best results and game statistics will be published. The settings of the autohosted games are: Default era, shuffle sides, timer 5 min per turn with the possibility to accumulate up to 10 minutes (if you move fast). The map is random, right now (Sep 25.) five maps are in the pool:
  • The Swamp of Dreap
  • Weldyn Channel
  • Hamlets
  • Ruphus Island
  • The Freelands
More maps will be added in the future.

Guidelines and bot commands for the League are the same as for other Autohost Project's bots, you may check them out here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=54861

One thing I should note about the league is the rating system: the League uses Glicko rating system, which is modified Elo. Every player has two values: actual rating (like Elo) and Rating Deviation (RD) which shows how unsure the system is about the player's rating. At the start everyone's RD is 350, it decreases when you play league games and gradually increases over time you don't play. Your rating is considered established when your RD < 150, it takes around 10+ games to take it to that level. Only people with established ratings are shown in the leaderboard.

If you have any follow-up questions, feel free to contact me here, in this topic, in forum pms, in the "Autohost" forum topic, or in discord of our project https://discord.gg/BTzJF6GZZU Thank you!
Last edited by dwarftough on October 31st, 2021, 2:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
dwarftough

Re: [In Progress] 1v1 Autumn League

Post by dwarftough »

Mini announcement: The RD threshold to consider Established is now easier to reach, it's 175, also slowed RD increase a bit
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
dwarftough

Re: [In Progress] 1v1 Autumn League

Post by dwarftough »

The league is extended for a week and will last till Oct 23 at least. The plan is to run before 1.16 release
dwarftough

Re: [Complete] 1v1 Autumn League

Post by dwarftough »

Thanks everyone! The league on 1.14 ended 26 Sep. I'll try to post the final results asap. Thanks for participation! Wait for new events on 1.16!
dwarftough

Re: [Complete] 1v1 Autumn League

Post by dwarftough »

So, the autumn league has ended! Big thank you to everyone who tried it! There was 240 games played over the period 25 Sep - 26 Oct, of which 158 valid rated. Congratulations to TOP-3: boy, Sinter, 5dPZ! Below there is full standings of all players who won at least one game
autumnstanding.png
Thank you again, and see ya in 1.16!