[Complete] Double Style Tournament - 2v2 Tourney #2

Moderator: Forum Moderators

matto

Re: [Open] Double Style Tournament - 2v2 Tourney #2

Post by matto »

Boy wrote: October 27th, 2020, 2:06 pm .....
I have an idea Boy, you become an helper and scold every people that don't use your method xDD
DST#1 DST#2 DST#3

DST#4 Registration Open
Boy

Post by Boy »

matto wrote: October 27th, 2020, 7:29 pm ...scold every people...
Oh my, I am so good at this! )
I am quite old. And with years my opinion that most of people just lazy stupid idiots going only stronger )
So I am scolding at almost everyone almost all the time, at least in my thoughts )
But at public places there is a problem called "moderators" )
So, you could not just simply tell to any idiot that he is idiot (with explaining ofc why he is idiot)... All hail brave new world with tolerance!

For example, why I could understand that writing such phrase is bad - "Let's play tomorrow at X o'clock" and other people could not?
They could not realize, that "tomorrow" only "tomorrow" for person who writing it NOW. And future reader could read it, for example, after 2 days. So, reader need to check post date, and realize that "tomorrow" was actually "yesterday" for him )
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

do any team want to play this week against us? We are available wendesday, thursday and friday from 19:00 UTC/GMT.
matto

Post by matto »

Boy wrote: October 27th, 2020, 8:22 pm ....
What i am going to do if they dont respect it? ban them? make them lose points? xD becouse warnings are useless )))

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@NanRoig me and gard can play XD this time for real! See you 17 Vienna time (UTC+1) :p

@Hay207 when can we play again?
DST#1 DST#2 DST#3

DST#4 Registration Open
Boy

Post by Boy »

matto wrote: October 27th, 2020, 9:44 pm What i am going to do if they dont respect it? ban them? make them lose points? xD becouse warnings are useless )))
You are right. But they say in my country "under a lying rock, water would not flow". This means that if you do nothing, nothing would happen.
So, first simple step: include something in rules - people would read it (ha-ha-ha, but let's be optimistic) and SOME of them would freely accept that. OTHER would do same later by watching examples.
Estrada

Post by Estrada »

How has Wesnoth survived without your system Boy? I really wonder too many tournaments and too many "idiots" It is crazy how have we lived and survived and made this game happen without your system :ooo It is a blasphemy.. Mind-blowing!
Boy

Post by Boy »

Estrada wrote: October 28th, 2020, 6:40 am How has Wesnoth survived without your system Boy?

...how have we lived and survived...
First of all, it's not my system, it's ISO standard. Good to use worldwide standards if there are people from different countries, right? For example, I truly hate to watch totally idiotic and non-logic format of month_first-day_after_month-year. But there is problem in general, not in hate only - some people could misinterpret such dates because in their country good logical format is day_first-month-year.

Second thing is - all world is living "as is", but it is not point to do nothing, right? Make something good and other would do the same. But it's your choice to still [censored] at floor of your house instead going to toilet because "it's too long way to go to the toilet and I already used to do that" )
NanRage

Post by NanRage »

Hi all,

For those can only use internet to post in wesnoth Forums, Viena Cagliari Barcelona & Warsaw are all UTC (former GMT) +1.

Why Barcelona is in UTC+1 when it should be GMT 0, that's another matter, but It seems to have to do with having the same time as in France originally and Germany now, basically to make things easier to our masters.

My government been always more proud to serve well money than to serve well its people.

So today from 17h (UTC+1) till late, any team from Pffff F.C. available to play?

Salut i força al canut!
NanRage

Post by NanRage »

from Pfff F.C. group*
Estrada

Post by Estrada »

It seems that the system is stressing out people more than its helping them, Boy. I can't see how can someone go wrong by typing "Im available this day and that hour, UTC (number)" Its not rocket science, and if that person can't make basic calculations to compare his timezone to the opponent's then wesnoth is not the game for him.
Boy

Post by Boy »

Estrada wrote: October 28th, 2020, 11:03 am It seems that the system is stressing out people

I would say to you one good advice: "never talk for other people, talk only for yourself".

We are going into endless circle in our discussion...

My statements in short:
1) if EVERYONE would always use the same time format --> it would saves time for ALL
2) using UTC+0 as BASE time zone for EVERYONE --> (a) show respect to other side by converting YOUR local time to UTC+0 by YOURSELF; (b) make it easy to ALL to convert appointment time to LOCAL time (and remove possibly mistakes)

I am done with it. If people could not hear, they would not hear...
Estrada

Post by Estrada »

So if I don't use your system it means I am disrespecting other side? Not really in fact it takes me less time to use my method than yours. By the time I am finished reading and understanding your English grammar, I would have checked google 1000 times for timezones
Boy

Post by Boy »

Estrada wrote: October 28th, 2020, 12:06 pm By the time I am finished reading and understanding your English grammar
Go to hell, kid )

And troll someone else. I answered to you by only one reason - I used your questions for clearing my position for other. If you imagined that I was in real discussion with you, you was wrong )
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I think you can use either ISO or GMT format, just avoid using location based and relative time.
hay207
Double Style Tourney #1 Champ

Post by hay207 »

Ok, free time
Thursday 17GMT+0
Saturday 11GMT+0
Sunday 15GMT+0
Ports: Velensk's tower defense, dov's deep shrine, Scrolling survival, Scrolling survival Co-op, Temples of the nagas.
Addons: Tower defense maps , some ANL scenarios like: ANL 3p "A New Land" survival type, and ANL Co-operative map for 2p