Elder2

Re: PYRA Mettle, Insecurity, Despair - III. PYRAMID Tourname

Post by Elder2 »

I vote caves of the basilisk xD
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

ElderofZion wrote:I vote caves of the basilisk xD
NanRage wrote:I believe I wont see that far alive, I am at full despair now, but I vote for 1.- Silverhead Crossing 2.- Rufus Island 3.- Aethermaw
abhijit wrote:Aren't maps set for 11 rounds?

In any case if there is a poll on maps for the final, my vote goes to: 1. AETHERMAW 2. ELENSEFAR COURTYARD
You are right abhijit, i only found the original, dusty list of maps, which only listed 9. I already extended it in the opening post.

But there is no turning back at this point, as the voters are already casting their votes... It is a good idea nevertheless.

The final map can be swapped for the winner of the poll, if the two finalists mutually agree that it is better than... probably Silverhead Crossing of turn 10.
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

ShadowVeil1 vs abhijit starting now
ShadowVeil1

Post by ShadowVeil1 »

Longest game in the tournament, 54 turns...It's a crime to reveal the winner after spending 5 hours playing the game, so download the replay and watch.
Attachments
abhijit.gz
(85.32 KiB) Downloaded 629 times
draghen

Post by draghen »

Well played potyi, I enjoyed our game very much, after a long wesnoth break.

The winner is:
Spoiler:
Attachments
PYRAMID_R6_draghen!_vs_potyi-HUN.gz
(57.47 KiB) Downloaded 639 times
Mint

Post by Mint »

The Maboul vs Mint rematch is happening in around 12 hours' time.
Maboul

Post by Maboul »

Maboul vs Mint
Maboul won

Unfortunatly for Mint, he misses the 40% def of the wells, it costed him the game...
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

I gave my permission to Krogen and NanRoig to play their round till Friday.

I have yet to decide what to do with ElderofZion and draghen, but i also advocate them to actually play it and not to rely on my organiser instincts. ;)
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

My game with NanRoig.
Spoiler:
NanRoig_vs_Krogen_Wellington.gz
(47.38 KiB) Downloaded 621 times
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

I would like to remind everyone that just because something happened on the MP server, doesn't mean that the forum's posting guidelines don't apply, particularly 1b.

If something screwy happened in your tournament, discuss it civilly. If a server rule was broken, then either report it or take it up with the moderation team directly.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
ShadowVeil1

Post by ShadowVeil1 »

This is not politics and you are not Obama. So don't be all that politically correct, it doesn't encourage anyone. You are achieving the opposite effect, Pentarctagon. Why are so many African-American males in jail and unemployed if political correctness is the answer? Correct answer: it isn't. It just makes some people, especially white people, feel better about themselves, that's all.
By forcing people to say one thing and privately think something else which is completely different, political correctness rewards and encourages hypocrisy. Understand me, Pentarctagon?
It doesn't stop social ills, it just pretends that they don't exist. It hopes that by making everyone be nice about touchy issues, that they will go away by themselves when in fact nothing of the kind happens. It prevents people from having intelligent discussions about real problems in society because whoever starts the conversation would be "not nice". It makes people who follow political correctness, especially white people who take it too seriously, look like idiots. No offence.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

ShadowVeil1 wrote:This is not politics and you are not Obama. So don't be all that politically correct, it doesn't encourage anyone. You are achieving the opposite effect, Pentarctagon. Why are so many African-American males in jail and unemployed if political correctness is the answer? Correct answer: it isn't. It just makes some people, especially white people, feel better about themselves, that's all.
By forcing people to say one thing and privately think something else which is completely different, political correctness rewards and encourages hypocrisy. Understand me, Pentarctagon?
It doesn't stop social ills, it just pretends that they don't exist. It hopes that by making everyone be nice about touchy issues, that they will go away by themselves when in fact nothing of the kind happens. It prevents people from having intelligent discussions about real problems in society because whoever starts the conversation would be "not nice". It makes people who follow political correctness, especially white people who take it too seriously, look like idiots. No offence.
These forums have rules, and the rules will be enforced. If you don't like that, then don't come to the forums.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
ShadowVeil1

Post by ShadowVeil1 »

[censored] the forums rules, then.
draghen

Post by draghen »

[censored] yeah!
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

I apologise for the other participants of the tournament that they have to see all this, but the event went far beyond the line which could have been handled with discretion.

tl;dr
All you need to know is that ElderofZion debated the mental state of hitler from a medical point of view, which is an interesting claim and there is no clear answer to it, according to wikipedia. The really miserable part is that he made it damn clear that he is not a nazi sympathiser, and does not question that his actions were deranged, as neither do i. Yet he was harassed for the exact opposite. This was the most unnecessary drama in the wesnoth community in the recent years.

I do not think i need to add anything. The way they spoke does not need to be cut and rearranged; draghen and ShadowVeil1 wishes you to see the exact same, unedited conversation, and they expect to win the heart of the community with it.
If your stomach is ready for more drama, look at the attached files in this and my previous comment (both are in spoiler), and decide it for yourself. I sincerely hope most of you have trust in me and feels like he does not even need to.
more drama:

Tomorrow morning i wish to close this unfortunate chapter and announce the new round.