[Complete] PYRA Mudcrawler Is Devastating - The Tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Oook

Re: PYRA Mudcrawler Is Devastating - The Tournament

Post by Oook »

Abstract v Oook, game 1, starting now :)
Oook

Post by Oook »

Abstract v Oook will continue ~same time tomorrow.

Oook v Danniel_BR starts in -5 min ;)
Danniel_BR
2019 Fast Tournament Champion

Post by Danniel_BR »

Danniel vs Oook on thousand stings
Spoiler:
Attachments
PYRA_-_Thousand_Stings_G..._replay-oook-pyra.gz
(27 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
Oook

Post by Oook »

Danniel_BR v Oook game 2 starting now :)

Abstract v Oook continuation tba...
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

GIMP: the Grunts Imitating Matryoska Project!

Figure 3: Inside every grunt lies a cheaper and more annoying grunt

Here is a exciting excercise for all balancer wannabes, as i promised.

Let it be known that i am hypothetically making a parody of PYRA (and indirectly the b2u tournament) by making a playable era where the only units to pick are grunts and adepts. But mind the -s suffix! There will be a broad selection of those units, with damage per hit ranging from 1 to 15. Your task is to balance the era by setting the hitpoints and the gold cost of these grunts to make them equally good. Every other attribute, like movement points, movement type, number of attacks, traits etc. remains unchanged. There is one condition to fulfill: grunts with less damage always have to have less hitpoints and cost as well. The only grunt with fixed stats is the one we know: 9-2 melee blade attack, 38 hp, 12 gold; the rest is up to you.

A lot of question will submerge while you are trying to solve this age-old orcish riddle, but i decided to leave them for you to discover and answer them.

Remember that there is no single absolute correct solution for this excercise, so just do your best and fear not to publish the result below! It is for our mutual entertainment.
ikomizo

Post by ikomizo »

My second match has ended with nagafono... There were not any "big moves" just I was the luckier.

Snowman and Madmoo: I want to end our second match too. Look for me with PM or e-mail.
Attachments
PYRA_Championship_2013_-_nagafono_vs._ikomizo_2nd_game_(Clearing_Gushes)_.gz
(28.84 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Unfortunately abhijit, who had the chance not only to progress to Round 2, had to leave us instantly and irrevocably for a goal and land where is little to no Wesnoth. If i happen to keep playing after 8 years, you will be welcome to return.

This also means that Brown forest became a round of mystery regarding who will be the 2nd. I refreshed the first page to indicate it more clearly.
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Let it be known that iceiceice also stepped back from the tournament; he sacrificed himself to prevent the new stable Wesnoth version to be shipped in July...
In year 2015.
He will not be forgotten.

So suddenly, Group Durisol became the closest to finish every match, with one left to be played. The other players of other groups however better make haste! Soon you with matches left will receive a warning pm.

Is there any player whose whereabouts are unknown, thus makes scheluding problematic? Please let me know.
Mint

Post by Mint »

Duthlet vs Mint game 2 on Elensefar Courtyard has just started.

And the game is over!
Spoiler:

With this, the first round robin for Group Durisol is over, however, since SalsaRocoto beat me twice, Duthlet beat SalsaRocoto twice and I beat Duthlet twice (with iceiceice dropping out to work on version 1.12[thanks again for your and all the devs' work :) ] and Horus having lost every game)....

There is a three way tie at the top of the group!
Attachments
Duthlet_vs_Mint_Game_2_Elensefar_Crossing.gz
(27.26 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
Last edited by Mint on June 19th, 2014, 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Blop

Post by Blop »

I have messaged both Kira1 and mumma about the last 2 pending games of mine two days ago. No reply so far.
The dropout of abhijit makes the situation quite clear though.
Blop

Post by Blop »

Mint wrote: With this, the first round robin for Group Durisol is over, however, since SalsaRocoto beat me twice, Duthlet beat SalsaRocoto twice and I beat Duthlet twice (with iceiceice dropping out to work on version 1.12[thanks again for your and all the devs' work :) ] and Horus having lost every game)....

There is a three way tie at the top of the group!
The easiest way of solving this as I see it is by playing 3 more games. Hopefully this will not result in another tie. If that should happen, my suggestion is to either let one player drop out voluntarily or to let the rng god decide.
Oook

Post by Oook »

Sorry, forgot to post this last week:

Danniel_BR v Oook (game 2, on Ruphus).
Spoiler:
Abstract hasn't been on this week, and after today I'm out of action till monday. So hopefully we'll play at 1430 UTC on Monday (or failing that, Tuesday).

Re Group Durisol, I think the best way to ensure a result is that in the playoffs, each player can pick only one unit, and it must be from the list 'troll, wose, scorpion'.
Not quite ideal, but as close as we can get I think ;)
Attachments
Oook_v_Danniel_BR_(Pyramid)_PYRA_-_Ruphus_Isle_Turn_10.gz
(49.19 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Very official summarisation!

Group Durisol:
Triple tie. Without a more elegant way to resolve it, you indeed have to play one game against both of your adversaries. And if those results in a tie again, we will apply Oook's Troll-Wose-Scorpion.
Maps played here will count toward the once per tournament rule, however here and now i grant permission for you three to play on a listed 2v2 map, like if it was the final, so if you have the time and the courage, you may want to spare your favourite maps for a clash in Round 2.

Since we cannot continue till you finish, deadline is postponed to the indefinite day of you deciding the order. But after the midnight GMT it happened, those who are not here and trying to play their matches will be mercilessly dropped from the tournament. So if you are present and your opponent is not, report it here!

Group Chernozem:
Competition for the first place is still tense, even if Madmoo disappears. Report in and continue playing asap!

Group Brown Forest:
I recently talked with Kira1 and mumma, and just read that Blop is also trying to find his opponents, so personally i think this group will do fine. Keep it up.

Group Alkali
Danniel_BR's second place is still not secured from Abstract, at least a decisive advantage has to be reached by him. It would be a great help if you two could play your second game.

I'm contacting the concerned parties.
Blop

Post by Blop »

mumma and Kira1, please let me know when you can play. If you don't respond, I take it as a surrender ;)
Madmoo

Post by Madmoo »

I would prefer to disappear.