[Complete] WTT : Wesnoth Time Twister, a 1v1, 1.9 tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The Black Sword

Re: WTT : Wesnoth Time Twister, a 1v1, 1.9 tournament

Post by The Black Sword »

I played khorne today, my Khalifate vs his Drakes on Hamlets.
It was an epic 37 turns of constant action,lvl 2s(+a falcon which levelled twice!), leader kill opportunities and too many turn-arounds to count. I recommend everyone to watch it before reading the spoiler because it might ruin some crazy moments for you.
Spoiler:
Attachments
2p_—_Hamlets-Auto-Save37.gz
(54.19 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

nagafono dies to aggro elves and some mega action in the cave of onis. sorry, i dont have the save due to a lost conversion with russian replay name.
nagafono

Post by nagafono »

Rigor wrote:nagafono dies to aggro elves and some mega action in the cave of onis. sorry, i dont have the save due to a lost conversion with russian replay name.
here it is. you all should thank your gods that the favorite of this tournament (i mean myself of course :twisted: ) is not in the lucky shape :annoyed: anyway, should smash some cremembers so nothing is other
Attachments
WTT mighty nagafono vs. weaky Rigor.gz
(24.07 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
thefish

Post by thefish »

soul steven (knalgans)lose vs thefish(khalifate) on sullas ruins, finally we finished the game after almost a month. thanks so much to csarmi who setted the server for us, GG
Attachments
2p_—_Sulla’s_Ruins_Turn_14-Autoguardado16.gz
(36.32 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

tekelili vs csarmi is scheduled to take place on Monday 17:00 GMT on the 1.9.10. server. (2011-11-28)
The Black Sword

As a chimp once said to me; time to crack the WTT whip again. :wink:

To remind everyone; the aim is to finish the first phase of the tournament by 3rd of December, that was 5 weeks to finish 7 games(less for some of you unfortunately) which is very reasonable IMO. I will not be happy if people haven't finished their games by then.

Great_Mage_Atari, negusnyul, PsyXs, powershot, you guys all have PMs. I've talked to Kira1 on the server.

Everyone else, particularly people on 3 games, please PM your remaining opponents ASAP to arrange a game. If you feel someone is being unresponsive you can cc me on your PMs. If I am cc'ed on a PM you receive, please cc me on all further communication.
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

negusnyul was a bit busy lately, but if fate allows our game will be held today at 16:00 GMT+1

PsyXs ooth is quite inactive, not seen this nick for a while in the lobby.
Kolbur

Post by Kolbur »

An idea for future tournaments:

Maybe it would be useful to ask for a confirmation via PM from all players some time after their registration. This way one could make sure that everyone is at least remotely interested and answers to PMs. ;)
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

Due to the annoyance of PM'ers sending me messages, I am only going to say this once more, as it was already stated beforehand. I am NOT going to be participating in the WTT anymore. I have too much on my plate to participate in it. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I really just don't wanna play.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Great_Mage_Atari wrote:Ok well Cremember wins (given that most of these people are not on half the time and I don't want to be tedious in my game times). So, basically, I'm resignating.
The_Black_Sword wrote:EDIT: Hi Great Mage, to clarify; you're just conceding this game vs Cremember correct and not resigning from the whole tournie? Some people have found your post confusing.
(Page 9 of this thread)

Well, how should the "annoying" PMers know that you're not playing anymore? :P
As you're still in the tournament list, I'd guess you didn't tell TBS privately about this either...
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

Crendgrim wrote:Well, how should the "annoying" PMers know that you're not playing anymore?
Getting PMed by a lot of people while you haven't been on in a bit gets annoying :P
Sorry if "I'm resignating" is confusing (not sure how. Seems sorta straightforward, given that I haven't posted here in a while and I haven't implied that I even was playing still :hmm: ). I haven't really been on this thread in a while, so I didn't even bother to read the rest of the threads. Sorry guys! I'm no longer participating. Or, if you need more clarification:
I'm no longer participating in Wesnoth Time Twister.
I'm no longer participating in WTT.
I'm not playing the WTT guys!
I'll be on the servers, just not for this game!
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Great_Mage_Atari wrote:Sorry if "I'm resignating" is confusing (not sure how. Seems sorta straightforward, given that I haven't posted here in a while and I haven't implied that I even was playing still :hmm: ).
Well, the confusion probably emerged out of the context: The last posts before the one I quoted were about the rematch of the game, after which you post "I surrender" – which I as well had taken as a note on the game (so, I read something like "I give Cremember this win, because I am having some time problems", but did not see that this statement applied to the whole tournament). ;)
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

elido vs tekelili on Caves of Basilisk.
P2 undead - P1 elves
Spoiler:
Attachments
WTTelido_vs_tekelili.gz
(18.62 KiB) Downloaded 315 times
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
The Black Sword

Yes, Crendgrim explained the situation nicely there.
I apologise if my PM's have been annoying but tbh I have better things to be doing than writing them too.
If you had responded to my question(quoted by Crendgrim) when it was first posted 3 weeks ago you could have saved both of us some time and hassle.
nagafono

Post by nagafono »

so, nagafono (undead) won over Rene (knalga) on CotB
Spoiler:
ps Cremeber, write me the time when you'll be ready to be defeated in PM plz.
Attachments
WTT_nagafono_vs._Rene.gz
(36.27 KiB) Downloaded 328 times